2011 BMW X3

19 city / 25–26 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

by 57 kid from Cedar Rapids, Ia. | April 3, 2014

This car was found on cars.com. It was a great experience from start to end. The dealership was nice. The car is great. Have had no problems so far.

Happy Driver

by Happy Driver from Los Angeles Area, California | January 30, 2014

I bought my X3 in 2011. I was a bit concerned about the reliability, but I am generally happy with it. The problems so far were: 1) replace stuck passanger side window mechanism; 2) some kind of leak in the transmission; and 3) rattling noise in the back door panel. All of which were of course repaired free of charge while I had a loan car each time. For the size, it drives very nicely. Driving position is very comfortable (5-11), and fuel economy is better than my 2008 328 at 23.6 overall with I-405 from Long Beach to Westside commute.

Excellent comfort and performance

by German Car Fan from Denver, CO | November 9, 2013

I owned a 2007 BMW X3 and really enjoyed driving it till I drove the new body style 2011 and was blown way with handing and performance. BMW really improved the ride and handling of the new body style. I also picked up 5 mpg on fuel eco. 2007 was 23 mpg and 2011 is getting 28. i would recommend this SAV to anyone who asked.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

X3 2011

by First BMW from Bridgewater, MA | June 5, 2013

We purchased our first BMW. Great car, quick and comfortable. We get 26mpg using super unleaded. BMW of Boston was a pleasure to deal with. Lots of information and no pressure.

Great SUV! Luxury, Functionality & Performance

by Tpzgrl from San Diego, CA | October 17, 2012

I purchased this car at the end of 2011 and so far this has been a wonderful cross-over SUV. It's exciting to drive, functional to fit the kid, dog, stroller, etc., and it looks good on me! I've been a BMW fan ever since I got my first 3 series several years ago, I traded the 3series in for the X3 after realizing how difficult it was to fit my family. Only complaint I have is the transmission lag when accelerating from a stop. Oh, and I had to have faulty break pads changed out right after I bought the car but that was covered under the 4 yr. maintenance plan. I drove this car for the first year, but now it's my husbands turn, and he bought me a new Camry. The BMW handling is the best of any auto I've owned, but I'm getting used to the Camry.

Most Comfortable Car You've Ever Owned

by Beautiful car from New york, Woodside | August 18, 2012

This was my dream car. now i owned this . My car price was realy good and it has warrenty which is cover all most everything.

everything its cracked up to be

by vetnat from Canada | April 2, 2012

So far, this car is living up to my expectations. My last vehicle was a Jeep Liberty, and there is no comparison with ride comfort and gas mileage. Only problem so far was vehicle was transported from California to North Dakota, and arrived on the transport truck with a dead and defunct battery. When they recommend a battery maintainer for colder climates, they mean it! My only other quibble is the "special cable" required to hook up and operate your iPod through the stereo. Come on BMW, get over yourself, and don't require every last little detail to require a BMW-only part!

Best CUV money can buy

by Alui from The NL | November 7, 2011

We got our 3.0xd last week and took it for a drive in Germany. The engine is flawless, silent and very powerful. I like also the start-stop system(stops the engine when you stay in traffic), the modern satnav, the topview camera(3 cameras are uses to generate a view as from above the car) making manoeuvring in tight spots very safe. My only complain will be with the dashboard(being used with the one in my Jaguar S-Type). I think it doesn't look nice, it's overcomplicated, and at least the climate controls could have been better. I don't like too much the i-drive too, but I got use with it. Anyway, there would have been the same problems with the Audi Q5(even uglier dashboard) and Mercedes GLK(the GLK is uglier outside too). But overall, this is the best small SUV money can buy, IMHO.

by New Beemer guy from Colorado Springs, CO | October 7, 2011

I ordered my X3 28 to get it the way I wanted it for the price I wanted. I am getting over 23mpg in the city (lots of hills). On a recent 2,500 mile road trip with 5 people and lots of bags I averaged better than 27mpg driving 80 mph. Not happy with the slight hesitation you sometimes get on accelerating from a stoplight but it's not a big annoyance. Once you get used to the ConnectedDrive it's a good system. I like the USB interface, I keep all of my music on a flash drive now and no longer have to drag CD's along. I can't wait for snow to fall to see how it handles on our mountain roads.

by Previous Jag Owner from | September 27, 2011

Owned many Jags before, and did not like the new styling. I am very glad I switched. Incredible power and handling.