The BMW X3 compact luxury crossover is available with a choice of turbocharged engines and comes standard with all-wheel drive. The five-seater combines BMW's signature driving prowess with crossover utility. The X3 competes with the Acura RDX, Audi Q5, Cadillac SRX and Infiniti EX.
New for 2013
The base X3 xDrive28i comes with a new turbocharged four-cylinder engine that makes 240 horsepower and 260 pounds-feet of torque. Additional features include fuel-saving auto stop-start technology; a standard power liftgate; 18-inch wheels and a chrome exhaust tip for the xDrive28i; and a Driver Assistance Package that includes automatic high-beam headlights, lane departure warning and, on the xDrive35i, a head-up display.
The X3's sculpted hood reflects BMW's design direction. Compared with the previous generation, the wheelbase is longer and it rides higher. Exterior features include:
- 18-inch alloy wheels; available 19-inch wheels
- Standard power liftgate
- Available panoramic moonroof
- Available adaptive xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Available headlight washers
Simulated leather seating surfaces are standard, with real leather optional. The standard 60/40-split backseat can be folded down to expand the cargo area. As an option, buyers can choose a 40/20/40-split backseat that allows any segment to be folded independently for maximum versatility. Interior features include:
- Standard automatic climate control
- Standard CD stereo
- Available heated steering wheel and heated seats
- Available navigation system
- Available backup camera
Under the Hood
Two engines are offered in the X3: a 240-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder in the xDrive28i trim level and a 300-hp, turbocharged inline-six-cylinder in the xDrive35i.
The standard xDrive all-wheel-drive system sends 60 percent of the torque to the rear wheels for a balanced, rear-wheel-drive feel. It can also shift as much as 100 percent to the rear automatically under certain conditions. Mechanical features include:
- Eight-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control
- Fuel-saving auto stop-start technology
- Optional adaptive suspension
Standard safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Electronic stability system
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Traction control
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 BMW X3.
Asking Price Range