2002 BMW X5

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2002 X5 3.0

by Was BMW For Life from CA | December 12, 2013

I bought this X5 model used. I've always had leased vehicles in the past from BMW that is why I decided to buy one of their cars. I was disappointed to find out that this car had all kinds of problems when I got it serviced. I did not get it checked out from a BMW dealership when I purchased it. Low and behold the cost in repairs is almost half of what I paid for the vehicle. There is an issue with the lock button, there is fluid leaking in two different areas and so on and so on...GET IT CHECKED OUT BY A BMW MECHANIC before you buy it. Please take my word for it. You will not be sorry! I'm just glad I don't have to drive really far to work.

Great Vehicle, Great Value

by finedesign from Raleigh, NC | September 5, 2012

This is my daily driver with 187,000 miles! I have been pleasantly surprised by the limited amount of money I have spent on maintenance/repair with this vehicle. The LED display did require repair which I had completed by an independent provider and only cost $100. The key to these vehicles is to PROPERLY maintain them at the recommended intervals. I've owned other SUV's and this is by far the best.

piece of junk

by nash from atlanta | August 22, 2011

so many problems windows locks - headache dont worth the money Too much outsourcing of parts. I always thought this was a nice car until i owned one. Nothing but trouble since.

Best car I've ever owned

by Jim from Wash, DC | July 7, 2011

My 2002 X5 is the best car I've ever owned. Very reliable, stylish and comfortable. I have the 6 cyl. with stick, which is not for everyone. It is a truck transmission, and it has the sport suspension, so it is a stiff ride. the 6 cyl, only makes 225 hp, which in my view is slightly underpowered for a 4500 pound vehicle, but overall this is a great car. I have 140,000 miles and I"ve only replaced the brakes once and it is still the original clutch. It is still going strong. BMW has the best balance of performance with luxury and style on the market today, IMHO.

Fantastic Vehicel

by ecoarchitect from lawrence, kansas | May 25, 2011

these are 'king of the road' in terms of handling. a very safe very good view of the highway with excellent road feel. only problem areas ever were electrical.

Good solid SUV

by BMW guy from minneapolis | January 19, 2011

I have owned this car for 4 years. driven it about 50,000 miles and still love it. I have the manual transmission..lets you enjoy the engine more. I have to say that it is spendy when things break..i had to replace the radiator, battery ( normal), tires, pads and rotors as well as belts and lights. so all together it was a big chunk.. car drives well..get the packages..they add value like the tech pack ( navigation parking sensors ) or the winter pack ( heated wheel and seats).

bmwxs

by BMW excess from Chicago | February 19, 2010

As an SUV/ x-over, it's the best one on the market taking into consideration performance, styling, and comfort.

Bad buy

by BK from California | February 13, 2010

I have own this car now for 8 years and had to replace the window rotors twice. Oil we have to check every 500 miles making sure there is no oil left because light does not turn on till it is complete empty. Car drives stable. Beautiful car exterior and interior. Would not buy it anymore after all problems we have had.

Poor quality

by Housewife from Los Angeles | May 13, 2009

Have had a lot of problems with A/C, radiator, booty's for brakes, etc...BMW does a poor job of standing behind hte vehicle....we only had 40,000 miles on the car when problems started to occur

Stay away from this car

by Won't be fooled again from Cary, NC | April 19, 2009

I bought this car for my wife to drive around during the day and it has been nothing but trouble. The number of times it has been in the shop for electronic problems is incredible. Right now, the mechanics cannot figure out why it will turn off in the middle of a left turn. Plus the LED lights for the time/temp/odometeter/operating information screen are burning out, so you can't read any thing the car is trying to tell you. The problems with this car have gone from troublesome to dangerous. The car only has 125,000 miles. I thought it would hold up better than it has. Stick with a Toyota or Lexus. Do not make the mistake of buying an X5.

Featured Services for this BMW X5