2003 BMW X5

Available in 3 styles:  2003 BMW X5 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Great Car For The Money All Around

by New Family Guy from Chicago, Illinois | June 14, 2014

Since I had to make the switch from sports cars to a more family vehicle this SUV made the transition much more bearable. The all around performance & handling is impressive for what feels like a heavy/sturdy vehicle. Surprisingly the gas mileage isn't terrible, but it's a luxury SUV not a Civic. It's loaded with user friendly options, I only wish it had navigation. Aside from the it has everything going for it from safety, styling, comfort & performance. Since they can not be bought under $10,000 it makes them a value too!

Stylish, but with a cost

by Matt from Johnson City Tennessee | January 29, 2014

I've owned my 2003 BMW 3.0 X5 for 2 years. Many many memories were made with this car. I can't tell you how many of my friends told me how jealous they were of my car. Love the power and feel that comes with this car. The negative thing with this car is it had many maintenance issues. So many things went wrong including the power windows randomly not working, door handles breaking, trunk opener not working, and overall it feels like somewhat of a cheap build. Other than all of that I love this car.

Proven Vehicle Performance

by BMW Enthusiast from Corpus Christi, TX | July 22, 2013

I have owned four BMW's and find the overall vehicles to be solid, reliable and safe. My son had an accident and totaled an X5 and my daughter totaled a 528i. Both walked away without a scratch. I did not hesitate to buy a 2003 X5 with 115,000 miles on it. The unit I just bought was very clean. I bought it online as a cash purchase. The dealer-provided photos were excellent and the vehicle was delivered as expected. The vehicle was picked up in Austin. The only maintenance required in the last 3 weeks since the purchase was the replacement of a signal light bulb.

bmw x5

by x5 killer from limerick pa | April 6, 2013

Great suv awesome power but trans issues have curbed me since the day I purchased it..I bought it on 2 weeks ago and I've put 50 miles on the x5. The trans is being rebuilt as we speak. I love the power,ride and style of the x5. I think BMW builts a quality vehicle and I'm not going to let this trans issue change my overall feeling of BMW..would buy another one tomorrow..

The best SUV

by Bimmerman from Santa Ana, Ca. | September 24, 2012

Owned this after Mercedes GL470.. What a difference: The X5 offers WAY BETTER handling, mileage, safety, maintenance, and looks even though my Mercedes was 4 years newer. Definite great car for the money; a very affordable auto for an active family of 5!

dependable

by blessed from Chicago, IL | May 2, 2012

I like my BMW X5. It has so many wonderful luxuries! It runs great and its better on gas than my previous car! That's amazing because I thought I would be spending more $$ on gas because of the 8 cylinders. So overall I'm happy with my purchase.

2003 BMW X5 4.6is

by BMW Enthusiast from Texas | February 13, 2012

Very please with this vehicle. Being nine years old when I purchased it bothered me at first but the vehicle is unbelievably tight and solid. Even at this age the vehicle is very stylish and turns heads. I have been asked several times if it was two or three years old.

good car

by bmw from el paso texas | May 1, 2011

just bought a 2003 x5 and love it. Has a few little things like the ac buttons feel cheep and the door handles. The x5 is a beautiful suv i also owned the infinity qx4 and the bmw x5 blows it away also holding its price at around $17,000 for a 2003 when the qx4 is down to about $8,000. the bmw is a great buy and awsome car for the price!

Excellent SUV

by Joe from Chicao, IL | March 16, 2011

This is the best SUV in America, smooth, fast, looks great, power everything and reliable, top driving experience.

Don't do it

by Recovering Owner from Austin, Texas | February 20, 2011

Pro: The 4.4l or 4.6l Looks fanatastic and on the freeway there is almost no other SUV that can touch it. Handles like a cat and stable as a rock at 80+mph. Con: Get ready of big time maintenance costs! Dropping a couple thousand on a repair is common. Needs premium everything. Complicated and has computers that control everything and only a specialty shop or a dealer can reset them. Parts are crazy expensive and most have to come from factory. Surprisingly unreliable for such a supposedly well engineered SUV.

Featured Services for this BMW X5