2008 BMW X5

Available in 2 styles:  2008 BMW X5 4dr AWD Sports Activity Vehicle shown

Overall

Always an x5 driver

by Ryan from California | August 24, 2013

This is my 2nd x5, mine is a 2008 with 100k and not a problem! Nothing drives like a BMW SUV. It's luxurious and solid and BMW service is phenominal.

The most Gorgeous car that exists

by Waqlia from Cincinnati, OH | February 5, 2013

X5 has ever thing that I've ever wanted and even more!!! Driving in a deep snow I felt most secure. Really good fuel efficiency combined with elegancy. Light leather interior will not get that hot in summer time. It has advanced lightson the outside and many on the inside. I would not recommend it to my friend only because I would like to be the only one to have it :-).

Great SUV

by Bimmer5 from Pacific Northwest | December 6, 2012

Drive about 30,000 miles a year for five years. Solid and dependable and a great drive. Only complaint is more maintenance spend than I would have liked. Never a serious problem.

2008 X-5

by JB IN ATLANTA from Atlanta | October 25, 2012

I have owned this 2008 X-5 since it had approximately 18,000 miles on it and I use it as a daily driver to make deliveries and sales calls for my business. I now have 186,600 miles on it and it still looks and drives just like a new vehicle. I have had my share of issues and the repairs can be expensive but overall I have been extremely satisfied with the fit and finish of the vehicle especially with so many miles on it. I buy most of my parts online and just have a local repair shop perform the maintenance

BMW X5 2008

by DB from Syracuse NY | July 25, 2012

Bought my 08 from a Acura dealer. Car had been well maintained with 65k miles. Drive home was about 2.5 hrs and it was a great ride. Love the seats, moonroof and handling. Very spacious interior w/ all buttons in the right place. Really like the I drive system. Did not come w/ nav system, wish it did. Gas mileage on highway avg 26-27mpg. Put 2k miles so far and no problems.

My BMW X5!

by BigO from Huntsville, AL | May 4, 2012

I was a 4Runner owner, the upgrade to the BMW X5 was an excellant choice. Great car! I would recommend this car to my friend. The comments that I have recieve from family and friends are great. They look it!

NEVER AGAIN.....

by Loyal BMW consumer no more.... from Chicago, IL | November 22, 2011

Will I purchase a BMW X5. I have owned a 2002 BMW X5 and a 2008 BMW X5. I loved my 2002 X5. It was the best car ever. Never broke down, looked awesome and was just a pure joy to drive. Thinking that BMW could only improve this amazing vehicle, I purchased a 2008 X5 and I really wish I never had. The comfort and exterior styling of the 2008 X5 definitly catches ones eye. However that where the good ends and the reliability nightmare of this vehicle begins. This vehicle is a service repair nightmare. BMW technicians and even a BMW engineer cannot figure out what is wrong with the electrical system in this vehicle. The RPM's "choke up" and it seems like the car is going to die out before you even put it in gear. So far it's been in service 4 times for the same issue and still no solution. This is probably the last BMW that I will own and will be trading this vehicle in as soon as it's out of service. BMW you have lost a loyal costumer.

This cars price is a misprint!!

by misprint from | September 3, 2011

Car is actually around 34-35k! This is a great car that still has some warranty left if you're interested don't hesitate to go down and drive it!!

The best car I have owned

by X5 from | July 8, 2011

Great performance; great styling inside and out; poor gas mileage (but you don't buy this car if you are concerned about miles per gallon)

Good car but sluggish

by X5er from New York NY | June 6, 2011

I bought this used from an Acura dealer. Within first 30 days the alternator belt and radiator had to be replaced. Thank God for the BMW warranty so did not cost me a penny. The I Drive is cumbersome, and the car is sluggish. You step on the gas and it hesitates before it takes off. I was told all X5 are like this and not unique to my used one. The 328 I had was much quicker and more responsive. Great looking car outside, but inside it's not well planned (no where to put my iPhone except inside the arm rest). The seats are very comfortable the the third row is handy with my kids. If they tweak the I Drive (I see they did for 2011) and improve pick up, would be great. If you buy one, try to get the back up camera, I don't have one and wish I did.