2001 BMW Z3

Available in 3 styles:  2001 BMW Z3 2dr Roadster shown

Overall

Just right

by Z3 4 ME from Northern Virginia | April 17, 2014

I was looking for a fun second car - it had to be: 1) convertible - check, 2) stick shift - check, 3) fun to drive - check, 4) great looking - check, and 5) affordable to buy and to own - check. I looked at lots of convertibles, typically 5-15 years old, and one by one, each one but the Z3 fell away: Jaguar XK8 and Plymouth Prowler - beautiful, but no stick shift; Mercedes SLK - pretty, fun to drive, but too expensive; Porsche Boxter - fun to drive, but weird dimensions make it not very pretty; Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - pretty, but such awful reviews. My 2001 Z3 2.5i makes me smile every time I get into her. She's got the elemental sportiness that a roadster should, but with the comfort and road manners that make her comfortable for a long drive. The 2.5 liter 6-cylinder has plenty of punch, and man, does she shine on the twisty roads! I can't recommend her highly enough.

Made for me

by Bimmer man from PALM BEACH FLORIDA | January 23, 2014

I used to be BMWs Sales Manager and was able to build one to my expectations. I most say it is my pride and joy. it for sure will be a classic. i built my Sterling Silberman with Lizard Skin texture Ivorybinterior with brushed aluminum and chromed dials, added sport package and premium. never had a problem. Today it stands with a little more then 50000. We have 4 cars and I most confess, haven't driven it in the past 2 years (my wife takes it out every now and then). She is constantly asking me to sale it make space in the garage, but what might be great for some is what makes me keep it, I know I can get more then 14,000 for it and for that kind of money, I rather keep. So get your 9,000 to 15,000 and get your dream car, you won't regret it...

Ultimate Driving Experience

by Z3Gina from Fauquier County, VA | December 24, 2013

I owned two of these. The first, I saw at lunch at a dealership and owned it by the next day at noon. I loved this car, bought it and planned a move cross country in it. Of course, I got very good at packing more stuff than one could imagine. I was hit in the rear at a dead stop; I was fine, but the car was totaled, and I found another; the owner found out she was pregnant right after buying, so I got a good deal and a great car. My insurance totaled it after I hit a curb and the airbag deployed. It had 144,000 and still looked and acted like a new vehicle. I am now searching for car number 3. You get complimented every day driving this, It is fast, fun, and makes you feel fantastic. I live in the country, so it's a cruise to get anywhere, and I was more than happy to get to chemotherapy in this! Can hardly wait to find the perfect replacement. The body style is made for me!!

Awesome 01 Z3

by My 1st BMW from Northwest Mississippi | September 22, 2013

I bought this car new in Feb '02, sight unseen. Best buy I ever made. I have never had a more reliable car. I now have barely over 50,000 on it. Got married about 10 years ago and since have lost it to my (not so) new bride. She loves it. Easy to park, maneuver, good MPG for a sports car. Absolutely nothing I dislike and after nearly 12 years, I really do not think I will part with it. Just thinking out loud.

Fun Mobile

by Tman from Minneapolis, MN | August 2, 2013

The 2001 Z3 is a blast to say the least. So far enjoying fun evenings cruising with the top down. 3.0 engine has some serious muscle. Exterior design turns some heads just for fun. Had to go with the automatic transmission so my wife could drive once in a while. But not disappointed. Value good compared to other models is same year and class.

Best Roadster ever

by Middah from Cumming, Ga. | February 27, 2012

I have owned several sports cars over the years but none compare to my bmw 2001 Z3 3.0i. I have wanted one ever since they first came out. They were priced way over my budget when they were new. The used price made the car attainable. I chose the 3.0i automatic after driving several others. The steptronic transmission is awesome. When it is in sport mode it automatically takes the car right up to the red line before shifting for maximum acceleration. The handling is super on all models. I had considered a newer z4 but have never been able to warm up to what they did with the design. The classic look of the Z3 is a work of art. The interior refinements of the 01 and 02 are worth searching for. The 225 hp 3.0i has all the acceleration needed to make it a blast to drive. It even gets better gas milage than the smaller 6s. I got lucky and found one within 10 miles of my house. If I ever had to buy another one I would be willing to drive several hundred miles and pay more than its book value to get it. It is that fun to drive!

Z3

by Gary from Monroe NY | November 12, 2010

I have always liked the Z3 styling from the first time I saw one. Now after having one for the last 3 months, it has lived up to my expectations. It is fun to drive, especially with the top down. It has sufficient power & has great road handling and looks great.

A Good Car for the Money

by Z3 Advocate from Central California | November 10, 2010

If you are willing to be selective, a used Z3 can be a lot of value for the money. The 3.0 liter has plenty of power, the handling is excellent--more sure-footed that the Miata's I've owned, and a good deal easier to manage than the Boxster S that preceded it.

Oh, my, YES!

by first-roadster from Richardson (Dallas) Texas | March 3, 2010

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i Roadster, Sienna Red, Steptronic. I've never owned a true sports car (2 seater convertible), although I've had many high performance vehicles in my long life. I also never had a BMW before. I must say that this is the most "fun to drive" car I've ever had. Don't buy one if you like to listen to the stereo while you drive, but do buy one if you like the wind in your hair (if you have hair, I don't), quick acceleration, great handling and a wonderful exhaust sound! The mileage is good but not great, and getting in and out is a bit difficult for an aging and overweight 6 footer. But I never turn down the chance to steal this car from my wife (it's supposed to be hers) and take it out for a drive that always involves going the long way there and a longer way back. I love this car!

Best value for the best car I have had in my life

by TRADEWIN from Montreal, QC, CANADA | January 30, 2008

I had, Toyota, Celica, Firebird 77, Pontiac Fiero 84, Honda Accord 88, Acura Vigor,VW Jetta 2000, and my best one is my BMW Z3 Every weeks somebody will telling me that I have a very nice car. Nobody can tell the year but it is a 2001 BMW Z3 with the M kit. Motor is the 3 litter, and I love the sound of this motor. Seat are the sport one (series M kit) This is very confortable, full options like top, eather seat. It is my best experience on drive, more you go fast on the way more you like the car. If you want a good feeling on diriving a car this is the one you need. it is a lot better than a porche, Mieta. I never had problem with this car, I just put oil that's all. millage is now 20000 miles. Mine is not for sale at kelly blue book value I will never leave this car for a price under 32000$ and I expect to keep this car the rest of my live. It is a real gift for me

Featured Services for this BMW Z3