2003 BMW Z4

2003 BMW Z4

Available in 2 styles:  2003 BMW Z4 2dr Roadster shown

Overall

A work of art that moves

by Kenan from Boca Raton, FL | December 13, 2013

I needed a reliable daily driver while my 500hp Celica project is being built, and I was lucky enough to come across a 2003 3.0i, fully loaded with the 6 speed stick, with under 32k miles. It instantly caught my eye, and I bought it right away. I am a 6'3 20 year old, and I fit comfortably in the car, aside from my big feet bumping into and catching onto the piece above the pedals (common problem for me in most cars). Only real negatives are that I am getting only ~18mpg, but it is city driving and I have a heavy foot. The electric top doesn't work, a common problem for the car, but it takes 5 seconds to lower it manually, just be careful. Also, I wish it felt faster. This car makes you want to drive FAST, but even though 0-60 for mine is 5.8s, it feels slower..... Very weird. All in all, this is a beautiful car that is to be respected. Not too fast, but very quick, and something that you cannot park and walk away from without looking back and smiling.

LOVE it!

by kenziez4 from florida | September 20, 2013

I bought my 2003 Z4 about 6 month ago, i wasn't sure about buying an older car, but it looks so flashy, i couldn't resist. People assume i spent a ton of money to buy it, when actually it was under 14 grand.. I love it, First of all it looks brand new. Everywhere i go (literally everywhere) i get comments from people saying how nice it is, i actually caught a couple people taking pics by it as i was leaving a store. The new 2013 model isnt that different than the 2003 from the outside, it really looks quite new. the body out the car is an eye catcher, very luxurious looking. It drives well and is pretty good on gas. The 2 seats are comfy and there is a decent size trunk. 2 seaters are not for everybody but one seat for me and one for my bag is all i need. luckily for me the previous owner had awesome chrome custom rims put on and kept the car in perfect cond...Eventually i will have to get a bigger car, but for now i love it, and i would highly reccommend it..

Sunny Day Car

by Anna from Houston, TX | July 18, 2013

I started looking for a convertible after passing a BMW Z3 on the side of the road that was for sale. I test drove it and then tried out a few more. I decided that I preferred the body style of the Z4 and began shopping for those. The search ended when I was able to find a beautiful red/tan one with 35,000 miles on it. I only drive it on days when the top can be down, which basically is any day it's not raining. It was 99 degrees the other day and the AC was so cold that I had no problem having it down. It turns on a dime and has great acceleration. I expected the ride to be a bit rougher than my Lexus but that's ok. The only issue is that it's so low to the ground, but that's ok too. I had a friend who was 6 months pregnant try to get in it but we ended up taking her car. No worries, it's an awesome car and I wouldn't change a thing. I love it!

Don't Be Fooled By HYPE

by Veritas from Earth | April 7, 2013

The main problem with the Z4 is the electronic steering which is simply TERRIBLE. The computer is constantly changing the steering resistance and so there is no continuity in the handling. The second problem is the automatic transmission which doesn't shift gears very well. Instead of shifting up, it holds the lower gear for longer than it should, even when you're not accelerating. The third problem with the vehicle is that it feels really heavy and not at all nimble. Frankly I think it may be the most beautiful car ever...but what a disappointment in every other aspect. Again, the steering feel of a car is probably the single most important attribute of a 'sports'car' and this thng was electronically controlled in a very amateurish manner. Make sure to test drive before you purchase.

Best roadster value for the money

by golfguy from Portland, OR | December 16, 2012

For a modest investment ($16-20k) a used Z4 is a bargain at about half the price new. The engines are bulletproof in terms of reliability. When buying I made sure to get both the sport and premium packages, you should too. They give you all the enjoyment a Z4 can deliver for not a lot of extra money and they'll help you when resale time comes around. Here's another tip: A Z4 is a huge step up from ANY Z3, there's just no comparison in terms of features, comfort, handling, etc., etc... Trust me, I owned a Z3 for several years and am very familiar with that model. The car had some major redesign features in 2006 so that's a good year to shoot for in terms of price/value. I would look for a clean low mile 3.0 model, but honestly, if you find a really good 2.5 car with sport and premium packages, they're a good buy. The 2.5 does 0-60 in 7 seconds and tops out at 146 mph, not bad for most driving! These cars are just tons of wind in your hair fun at a modest expense. You will LOVE your Z4!

One awesome of a car

by Jacobinman from Hanford CA | September 4, 2012

This is a superior sports car that is also very good on gas. I love it but just want a bigger car now.

Best Sports Car I've Ever Owned!

by Spiderman from | June 25, 2012

I've had a Mazda RX-7 and a 300ZX, but this Z4 beats them both by a mile! Incredible handling and quickness, plus I love the look and stance of the car.

First Time BMW Owner

by scruggs from Wash DC | April 9, 2012

My Porsche Boxter was totaled so I thought I would try the Z4, I always liked the looks and it seemed to be comprable on many fronts. The convertable top is a bit easier to to engage, works flawlessly. I have the 2.5 and it is very peppy. The things that I don't like are mostly minor irrations. The window controls are ackward to get to (on door panel) The radio works/sounds great but the controls are spread out over the dash, I wish they were more compact. My worst complaint (which you may consider frivolous) is the sound of the door closing. It sounds "tinny", not the muffled thud of my Boxter. I was surprised by this, maybe it's just this Z4. If you are tall (my son is 6'3") the compartment is very cramped, his knees hit the dash board and was difficult or him to get comfortable. Overall, I like the car a lot in all departments, other than the details noted.

Get ready to be the "Talk of the Town"!

by Sports Car Enthusiast Extraordinaire from Michigan | March 5, 2012

I have owned my 3.0i Z4 for almost two years now, it's simply fantastic. With its bold, exciting exterior design, you will be grabbin' attention everywhere you go with it. To this day, I still receive compliments from total strangers about it. My Z4 is an '03, and people think it's a brand new car! Not to mention, the resale value and depreciation rate for these vehicles are amazing. Overall, It's a win-win situation, high-end performance, good gas mileage, and a total "head-turner."

All it was cracked up to be.

by Dr. J. from Essex, CT | November 14, 2011

There has not been one disappointment since purchasing this vehicle late in the summer. I will store it this weekend for the winter. Looking forward to spring already.

Featured Services for this BMW Z4