2005 BMW Z4

2005 BMW Z4

Available in 2 styles:  2005 BMW Z4 2dr Roadster shown

Overall

Happy now, was skeptical!

by ZGirl from Southfield,MI | January 23, 2013

Purchased the 200, Z4 2.5 after retiring and wanting a nice convertible, of European design and affordable! I found it all in " Merlot /tan combo BMW Z4". However, being a Michigander with long cold winters," I was a little skeptical about the used market & dependability. But, after doing my research...boy am I happy! The only complaints (1) replaced the radiator expansion tank (2) Replaced the driver window switch.(3) Flimsy cup holders. Hopefully, other than oil changes/regular maintenance..."I made a great choice" what a great riding vehicle and very fun to drive....Can't wait for spring to drop my top!!!

My re-incarnated "73 TR6

by Valveguy from Chicago Suburbs | June 4, 2012

All the issues with my 1st car---in 1975!! have been addressed 35+ years later!! This car is awesome. I did alot of research not only which sports car to buy, but then, which BMW Z4 to buy. It has the 3.0 liter engine, the premium package, Sport package, leather and the Xenon headlights. Al the websites say this is a "rock solid", no mechanical, issues car. Almost bought a Porsche Boxster, but the an engine bearing issue reported by many scared me away. The Z4 is not a high horspower, throw you back in your seat car---but it is no slouch either. Handling is great, styling is awesome---mine is Maldives Blue with beige interior, which I recommend over black especially on hot days. Plenty of trunk space for a set of golf clubs--and supposedly it can hold two sets---but I haven't proved that yet. Do your homework, and pick a good used Z4, and you'll be glad you did--I am!

BMW Z 4

by wezern from Petal Mississippi | May 14, 2012

I love my car. It performs and looks terrific. Great price and found through cars.com. Thanks for helping me find it.

Super Fun

by Z4Paul from Oregon | April 16, 2012

2005 BMW Z4 3.0 Performance package, 6 spd manual. Awesome sports car - the little "sport" button does amazing things! I have a new appreciation for nice weather in Oregon. What a bargain when you get a quality car used! I did purchase an extended warranty just to be safe after hearing what repairs can cost but so far so good - only 53K on it. Love this car!

Feels like a Happy Car :)

by Dances with Snowplows from Upstate NY | February 1, 2012

After purchase I replaced brakes and brake fluid and replaced the run-flat tires with non-run-flat ultra high performance all season tires. The ride was markedly better and much quieter. The handling remains superb and since I'm not going to autocross or race the car, I'm very satisfied with the handling. Another benefit is less wandering due to the slight toe out alignment setting and less"tire nibble" on rutted roads. I was also amazed at all the features the car came with, such as power everything, cruise, bluetooth, auto climate control, and heated seats. The interior is very subdued and businesslike. No panel full of gaudy knobs and trinkets bragging about every feature available. Although it looks a bit small, the interior is very roomy and comfortable when you settle into the car. My wife loves it. On the 5 hour drive home after buying it, she fell asleep nearly the whole way, a sure sign she was comfortable. We were also amazed at how much stuff the trunk will hold. It's deceptively spacious. The exterior draws looks and positive comments everywhere I go. As a mechanical engineer I really appreciate the 3.0i line 6 engine. It is naturally harmonically balanced and smooth as glass. My zero to 60 time will not be as fast as my neighbor's ZO6 corvette but the acceleration is crisp and the engine throttle response immediate, with a very good sounding exhaust note that you only hear when opening her up. My son took it for a spin after I got the new tires. He said that the car seems as if it's happiest when being driven, a "happy car". One fly in the ointment, I had to replace the bi-Xenon headlamp assembly due to moisture inside the headlamp damaging the electronic components, a very expensive repair.

first roadster and last

by L T from augusta,maime | December 6, 2011

last because i will keep it!third auto so not piling on milage,dont get to use cause wife leaves 1st

It's a revalation

by Old Roadster Lover from Lexington, Ky | October 8, 2011

I can't say I'm one of those folks who loves the Z4's over-aggressive and long hood+short boot styling. Quite frankly, the thing is ugly (compare it to a Jag XK8). However, I sucked it up and bought one used after test driving it. Mine is standard, 2.5 liter, and an absolute revelation on the road. It has as much torque as I care to have (I'm afraid I'm going to get a ticket soon, if I don't find a track to play on), and the handling is better than every roadster of this vintage I could find. The interior accommodates my 6' 3 1/2" frame with room to spare (a real change from my Miata). My only complaint is that there's nothing within reach in which I can dump the stuff I usually need in a hurry (good storage between the seats, but don't try to dig into it while under way). I haven't had it long enough to get a sense of its durability, but even Consumer Reports liked it, so I'm not too worried. Even with 85k on it, mine is spotless, and everything (including the great DTC) works exactly as designed. The lack of a spare is an OK trade-off for a trunk that can swallow my golf clubs, but I've got tow insurance, and it's been decades since I've had to change a tire anyway. I have no idea where the reviewers here got over 30 MPG, mine is pretty miserable in that department, but I made my peace with that before buying it. This car is a blast!

super fun roadster

by Z Driver from south arkansas | September 26, 2011

Great little convertible. I have a 3.0i w/ sport package. Fast. Safe. I will definitely keep a roaster in the family.

Fun in the Sun - BMW Z4

by Roadster from North Carolina | September 15, 2011

Ahhhhhh, nothing like a spirited drive through the country in a nimble high powered sports car. The BMW Z4 is superb feat of German engineering. One twist of the throttle and the car responds. Take into a tight turn and it will deliver. Rejoice in the fact that it gets 35 mpg on the hwy. This car outperforms my Mustang GT hands down and gets apprerciably noticed wherever it is driven. It was a tossup between a Boxster and a Z4. The Z4 was much smoother shifting and had a nice firm ride without the jarring movements of the Porsche. The road noise is very quiet with the convertible top up and 16 speaker system is indescribable. Go test drive one today - you will be convinced. This car is a lot of fun to drive. and th women absolutely adore it.

Impressed!

by C2Vettes from Birmingham MI | July 22, 2011

76 cars later and finally bought my first BMW. 05 Z4. It is the 2.5 liter yet pretty well loaded. I have to say the car is very impressive, handles great, plenty of torque and looks pretty cool with the top down. I see these cars all day long, but never really appreciated them until now. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Featured Services for this BMW Z4