2001 Buick Century

20 city / 29 hwy

Overall

troubles

by Peewee from Roseboro, N.C | September 16, 2014

i bought this care about 5 years ago for my wife to drive back and forth to work every day. Very confortable ride. i'm from N.C. and we've taken this car of several trips. Now, it's our 19 year old son's car. We had our troubles, Anti Lock braking, all 4 motors in windows had to be replaced, interior light gone, manifold gasket replaced, brakes replaced and more, much more. In fact, everything that people have complained about, I've had. Probably would never buy another one. I rate this car a 3 overall

Worth the money I paid

by Proud owner from Highland, In | June 22, 2014

I bought this 2001 Buick new. It now has 98000 miles and the only thing I have done is one intake gasket. Normal maintenance has been done of course. I am going to give this to my grand children now that they have a license. I wouldn't do this if I thought it wasn't a good car.

Named car Grumpy

by Grumpy from new york,ny | June 9, 2014

Bought 99 buick century with 100 000 miles head gasket replaced twice change all struts and mounts .. car still drives and takes a beating but constantly putting money into it ... ive only driven 17000miles and spent 3000.00 keeping it going . plus rocker panels rusted out .. time to junk it .

MOST RELIABLE VEHICLE!!

by Kathy C from British Columbia, Canada | January 22, 2014

I purchased my new 2001 Century Buick and have driven it for 13 years - 172K kms. Changed the oil every 5000 miles, new tires, new battery, but aside from that it was very reliable and required no repairs. Before this one, I also had a Buick Century which I kept for 10 years. The only reason I buy a new vehicle is because I want to ... but I'm quite sure this vehicle would go on forever.

Most Dependable Car

by Rolly from Fort Washington, MD | February 24, 2012

Owned this car for 4 years, 194k miles with 5 year old battery, 2WD but survived the worst slow and Engine light on for the past 2 years, but this car still leads on the road. Drive 100miles everyday since 2009, mostly I-95 & 495 yet the engine sounds new and strong. Ignition is strong and reliable. Never broke down nor give any strange noise. All you need is oil change as needed and coolant. Check other fluids and your soldier is ready to fight.

Old fashioned, but ...

by Patchnparrot from Palm Springs, CA | November 7, 2011

Very comfortable, nice ride, lots of leg & headroom (I'm 6'5"), quiet, economical (easy 33 MPG on the highway), roomy, good-sized trunk, Limited version is nicely equipped. This is my 3rd Century/Regal, and every one of them has been reliable as an anvil. Century is not overly powerful, but it's more than adequate.

Great bang for the buck

by Jason Currie from Gilmer,Tx | July 13, 2010

I have owned this car since 2003. No major problems. All I have done is changed the oil every 2000 miles. Gets good gas milage wich runs around 20-25 miles. Excellent interstate car. Run it 85 all day long and no road noise at all. Plan on kepping the car till it will not run at all.

Very nice care,

by Eagle Eye from Atlanta,Ga | March 30, 2009

This is a very nice car, there is not much to complain about, i have not run into any major issue since i purchased the vehicle in 2008, Only one thing happen and that was the fuel pump went out and that was a easy fix cost me nothing out of pockets. True i have heard a lot of bad stories about this vehicle but i guess its all about how you take care of the car and get it serviced...Overall the car is very nice, I took it to miami last summer and the ride was great..Not a good chick mobile but with all the features i have added to it, I had a ball...

very reliab car

by jay from michigan | January 3, 2009

very safe, run great, no problems, very good handling,comfortable, very good suspension system, economy, give you high miallage per gallon,car that last very long time, one of the best GM products

very reliable and afortable

by sinceable driver from Sandiego,ca | January 30, 2008

I have owned my 01 century for 4 years. I have found it to be as durable as any thing I've owned!!! I have 93k and have only had it in the garage twice.

Featured Services for this Buick Century