2005 Buick Century

20 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Quality and Value

by Natural Man from West Union, Illinois | September 20, 2009

I just finished a review for a 1999 Buick Century (which I had just purchased) so wanted to do same for a 2005 Buick Century (which I bought several months ago) both via cars.com. These are amazing cars for the price. I've had various foreign and domestic small cars, always trying to get great mpg, good bargain prices, and quality reliablity. It was only an amazing set of coincidences that instead lead me to purchase a 2005 Buick Century (30k miles). As soon as I got it the oil was changed, and new tires put on. On a 1500 mile trip I was flabbergasted at 36 mpg! On the trip back in terrible stip & go traffic (holidays) it still got 32 mgp. That sure isn't how the EPA rated it and it is about as good as the mpg I get in my corolla clones (Prizms). I'll probably sell the two clones I've got (which have been, I'll admit, great and reliable cars) and buy another one or two Buick Centurys... so my family and I will each have these kind of cars. Oh yah, I'm almost 60, have a Ph-D, and really value hard work and the value of a dollar. Best Luck car shoppers!

Featured Services for this Buick Century