2008 Buick Enclave

16 city / 22–24 hwy

Overall

Beware Transmission!!

by ***LD from | May 10, 2015

My 2008 Buick Enclave had about 110,000 miles on it when the transmission started acting a little funny off and on and completely went out at 128,000 miles. Not one week before it went completley out I recieved a letter from Buick stating that there was a problem in the Wave plate of the transmission and if you took it to a dealer they would fix it free of charge as long as you weren't over 120,000 miles. Well I did go to a couple of dealers BEFORE it went out but I was at 126,000 miles so they said they couldn't fix it for free. Several thousand dollars later I've got a new trany. And I know a few other people who have had to replace their Enclave's trany too.

2008 Buick Enclave Used

by waydetheblade from Auburn, WA. | March 22, 2015

I bought a used 2008 Buick Enclave CXL with 110,000 miles on it. I was very glad I did. The only negative thing I can say about this vehicle is that it does "hunt" to find the proper gears while going up large hills. Of course, I work in the valley and live up a large hill. To compensate for this "hunting" of gears which feels like it's losing power trying to go up, I just shift the transmission to a lower gear manually and adjust from there. It's really quite simple and beats a stick shift/manual for me (since I have severe osteoarthritis.) I heard the 2009 Buick Enclaves addressed this problem with more horse power and better torque.

Wanna buy used car from Whitmoyer Auto Grp Pa Read

by Hweekor from Mount Joy Pa | May 20, 2014

I bought a 2008 Buick Enclave as a family car on ‘as is’ from Whitmoyer Auto Group Pa for $11,311.00 based on reviews on their website. After driving this car for 1,219 miles, I had to come up with another $14,268.17 to replace engine, transmission, rotors and pad kits (OEM) Front and Rear, Mount Strut (replace N/C with strut), fix alignment and Leak on A/C, not for getting the fact that I has already spent $631.23 to replace P/S Pump. Meanwhile, Whitmoyer Auto Group assured me that the car has passed the state and their company’s rigorous point inspections. What is Whitmoyer Auto Group Pa management telling me? You are out of luck, Jack. Remember, it was an As Is car and we will not do anything for you. They were very nice when they wanted to get me to buy the car. But now, I am stuck with a junk piece of car my family cannot use and have to cough up $14,268.17 to fix and Whitmoyer Auto Group management will not help. Don’t get fooled by their initial service trying to trap you to buy.

Enclave best SUV

by SUV Enthusiast from Burrillville, RI | March 21, 2014

Love my Enclave, rides great, great for having 4 car seats for grandchildren. Feel safe with grandchildren in this car. Car is tight and ride is very comfortable with many luxuries to boot.

2008 Enclave CXL is Great

by Engineer from | February 1, 2014

We bought our Enclave used with 52,000 miles on it. Now have over 80,000 and have not had one problem. Will buy another when ready.

my 2008 enclave expierence

by bogey from | December 18, 2013

I have owned a Buick for 35 years, now have a 2008 enclave, and have replaced all power steering parts, pumps replaced 3 and now needs number 4, general Motors could care less, rude, however, did pay to replace the water pump which also failed after only 40,000 miles, so the 2008 is a piece of replaced parts, and no change in sight, rack & pinion steering, gone, had to replaced, struts, had to replace so do not buy a 2008 enclave replace. so DO NOT BUY A 2008 ENCLAVE,

The best car ever

by hot mom from Appleton,Wi | September 8, 2013

I have had my cat for 3 months and this cat is so amazing. I love the interior of my car, our has the Bose stereo system, back up camera, leather and navigation. I purchased the vehicle from Eilde Toyota in Milwaukee. Thry were really great and the service was awesome.It is so spacious and roomie in the inside with the 7 passenger seating. my kids just loves this car.

Spacious w/o the bulk

by In Love w/my Enclave! from Jacksonville, Fl | April 3, 2013

I am very satisfied with my vehicle. I have a large family and we all are able to seat comfortably and that's including 2 car seats! My salesman, Thaddeus Bruce and the staff at Tom Bush Autoplex really went above and beyond to ensure tht I was able to get the vehicle of my choice w/affordable payments. This vehicle really is a triple threat, stylish, spacious, and, dependable!

nicest, best driving vehicle I've ever driven

by snuffy from Heber Springs AR. | June 18, 2012

Buick has outdone themselves and most everyone else with the Enclave. It rides, drives and handles better that any car or SUV I've driven and that covers a lot. the only negative a could add is the gas mileage could be better. we are averaging anything from 19.5 to 21. town and road mixture. and one other thing is if you want to update your navagation every other year It will cost you right at $200. for the update dvd. for the price of the suv and the cost of the navagation option you would think the updates would be free. shame on General Motors for that rip off.

one good car

by car guy from Ogden New York | April 17, 2012

Has all bells and gadgets, inside is drop dead pretty, good tight car, gas mileage is what I expected for a car with AWD, YES I would buy again. Cars.com was a great help with my research, Thank you.

Featured Services for this Buick Enclave