2009 Buick Enclave

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Buick Enclave FWD shown

Overall

Not made to last

by kc from Orange County, CA | March 6, 2013

I have really loved my 2009 Buick Enclave for the past 3 years. However, once we had the car for 3 years, it started having problems. I've been in the repair shop about every 3 months. Everything from blinker problems, hydraulic lift on back door, oil pan leak, light controls in the interior sunk into the dashboard, and front lamp fell in as well. Plus more. Fortunately most has been covered under warranty. But, come on! It's ridiculous. I don't have time to go and leave my car for a few days every 3 months. I just had my car in 2 weeks ago for maitenance and some repairs. It was there for 4 days while we waited for a part. and NOW my MALFUNCTION INDICATOR Lamp is on! UGH! It's one thing after another. Very frustrating. I only drive about 12,000 miles a year too. I bought the car straight out - all cash. I should have leased it because, clearly it was not meant to last more than 3 years. We wanted to buy American, but look what we got! I will NOT buy a Buick again. I've had it. I'm sticking with Toyota or Honda for my next car purchase.

Excellent Vehicle

by GM Fan from Manhattan, KS | January 15, 2013

I bought my 2009 Buick Enclave about a month ago; it had about 65K miles at the time. My spouse and I absolutely love this vehicle. The smooth, quiet, comfortable ride is unbelievable! We have already put several thousand miles on the car under both highway and city driving. We have not gotten as good of gas mileage as advertised though. So far, we have averaged between 17 - 19 MPG. It is supposed to get 24 MPG on the highway. Besides the gas mileage issue, we have been totally pleased. After reading numerous reviews before buying our '09 model, I recommend buying an '09 or newer (288 HP engine). The engine's power is certainly sufficient for interstate driving as well as passing on two-lane roads.

First Buick

by First Buick from Evans, GA | December 18, 2012

This car drives so smooth and feels luxurious. This is my first Buick and it is not Grandma's car! I feel safe and the room is unbelievable. I wish there was a better cargo cover but other than that, I love it and so do my kids. I love the fact that it has a regular AC adapter in the back so you can put a wall charger and a regular car charger at the same time. You can also leave the car charger in while the car in not running. Helps when your battery is dying and the kids are using all other plugs.

I Miss My Enclave!

by Car Nut from Chester, NJ | April 11, 2012

We had the Enclave for 3 years and put close to 70,000 miles on it in that short time. Multiple trips from NJ to Florida packed with wife, kids and Grandma. It was also our main family car, as the kids always demanded to take this car. We also used the trailer hitch A LOT to pull around a 4,500 lbs, 18ft, enclosed trailer and never had an issue - which was very impressive. We had to sell because we we now have a larger heavier trailer and needed a higher capacity tow vehicle.

Love my Enclave

by LOVEMYENCLAVE from tx | January 16, 2012

I really wanted a vehicle similar to this for quite some time. Cross over style with third row seat. My husband and i test drove a few and this drives great. It honestly feels like a car. many of the crossover we test drove just felt really rough. plus it's beautiful. We were lucky enough to find a 2009 with excellent miles and a great package. i have a sister that has a fully loaded expedition and my not as fully loaded Enclave has more and better quality! I've only had it a few weeks so i pray it is as good to me as my small pre-family corolla was. So far though its great. LOVE MY ENCLAVE!!!

very classy car

by Buick Believer from massachusetts | December 28, 2011

The car drives smooth and has a lot of power. Luxury and style inside and out. Very happy with this purchase. Dual moonroofs for passenger enjoyment. The kids love the dvd entertainment package. Captains chairs for easy access to the third row. Two tone leather interior. XM radio is a lot of fun. Only disappointing feature is the lack of carseat hooks in the third row.

Not a road trip car for over 60 crowd

by Princess from Charleston SC | October 10, 2011

Like everything about this car, except after two hours our bottoms hurt. These are cheap seats in an expensive automobile. We like to travel but are going to have to sell the car and get something with some cushion. Our children say it's uncomfortable so it's not our age. The interior is nice and it looks good and hasn't given us any trouble, just uncomfortable on road trips. A five hour trip is misery. I'm sad I have to sell my car.

Our first Buick

by Dave from Western NY state | July 30, 2011

This was a tough choice for us, purchasing a domestic car that is. We have driven Subaru's for over a decade and couldn't have been happier. What changed? We just needed more room for grandkids, etc... After two Outbacks and a Tribeca we decided to venture out and test drive some larger vehicles, all wheel drive of course. We researched and drove the new Ford Explorer, Dodge Durango, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Chevy Traverse. To our dismay we were really not impressed with the Explorer, maybe we should have found one fully loaded to drive, we only drove a basic XLT and thought it sounded and handled like a truck. The Durango even worse. The three GM products were all more car like in handling and much roomier. Without much thinking the Enclave just stood out for quiet ride and comfort. It is just so much nicer inside also. We ended up purchasing a certified pre-owned, first time we have done that. New the Enclave we wanted was $45,000 and we thought that was more than we wanted to pay. We found a similarly equipped certified pre-owned for $31,000 and couldn't be happier thus far. It is a CXL-1 with AWD and trailer tow package, plus lots of other goodies like heated leather seats, parking assist, second row buckets, etc... The Enclave is a real luxury car with a ton of interior room, a very roomy third row that even adults can sit in comfortably, very nice ride and looks great inside and out. We are really pleased with this car but cannot say how the all wheel drive stands up to Subaru yet because we haven't been through a winter with the car yet.

Great SUV for hi school and retirement

by Gotta Go from Sugar Land, TX | May 1, 2011

Almost got through high school w/out a van or suv ... then our child joined the school dance team with the ensuing car pool for a ton of practices and performances. The seats are fairly comfortable though wide (no side support) and the head rest pushes your head downward at an odd angle. I use the inflatable lumbar bladder to change it to a more comfortable position. Interior is nice. Middle bucket seats conveniently and easily slide forward for 3rd seat access. Love that the middle bucket seats and their console, along with the third row split seat all fold flat for a HUGE cargo area ... when needed. The driving position is good though the pedals could be moved for improved foot/leg comfort (i'm 5'4"). Also like the hands free phone, nav system, and rear view camera.

Good family car but GM has terrible service

by Family man from Shore Points, NJ | September 3, 2010

I have a 2009 Buick Enclave CXL fully loaded. Sticker was $51,000 (nearly $7,000 more than my Lexus). The car is great as a family hauler as it does fit 7 pretty comfortable and still has decent room for storage in the back. Decent power and looks. The car rides incredibly smooth and quiet (Even Quieter than the Lexus GX 470 I traded in for it, but would still take the Lexus GX if I didn't need the extra passenger room). There are electrical battery problems as the car electronics always seem to be on. The car failed to start (apparently the batter was dead) on several occasions from the day we bought it and we needed a boost. My brother bought the 2009 Acadia (again loaded) and his car failed totally and a special engineer had to come in to figure out the problem. GM service is terrible and is the reason I will never buy a GM car again. I paid more for the enclave than for my Lexus ES and they treat me terrible at GM and like Royalty at Lexus. I get service on the Enclave that is supposed to take an hour and then they give me a Chevy Malibu (base model) as it is going to take longer and then they thought and then don't contact me. I had to call 5 times to talk to someone. After two days they still didn't work on it (oil change and heater washer fluid recall).They expected to keep the car for several more days while my family used this smaller terrible car. I bought the Enclave for its size to accomodate my family, don't they get it. They also try to bribe me with free oil changes in order to give them favorable reviews, of which I don't take because who cares about a $40 oil change when they treat me like dirt. The only reason I go back is due to warranty work, the same one over and over., Once that is done I won't go to another GM service center ever again (unless I have to). It is a shame as GM really did a good job on this vehicle.