The Buick Enclave crowns GM's newest batch of crossover SUVs, a group that also includes the GMC Acadia. Like its sibling, the Enclave offers three rows of seats standard, with seating for up to eight passengers. While the Acadia competes with garden-variety Hondas and Toyotas, Buick says the Enclave will go head-to-head with the Volvo XC90 and Acura MDX, among others.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
At nearly 202 inches bumper-to-bumper, the Enclave is about an inch longer than the Acadia. The XC90 and MDX are both about a foot shorter.
- Sculpted ellipsoid headlights
- Waterfall grille and louvered gills
- Standard 19-inch aluminum wheels, 20-inch chrome-clad wheels optional
- Dual exhaust
Buick says the Enclave's interior strives to emulate that of a private jet. The second-row bucket seats slide forward and back, and the second and third rows fold to provide extra cargo room. With both rows stowed, maximum cargo room totals 115 cubic feet — considerably more than the XC90 (85.1) or MDX (83.5).
- Standard bucket seats in the first and second rows
- Three-passenger third-row bench
- Optional three-passenger second-row bench seat
- Optional heated and cooled seats for driver, front passenger
- Optional navigation system and Bose 10-speaker stereo
Under the Hood
A 3.6-liter V-6 is the only engine available in the Enclave. It pairs with a six-speed automatic transmission. When properly equipped, the Enclave can tow up to 4,500 pounds.
- 288 horsepower and 270 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Optional all-wheel drive
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system with rollover mitigation technology
- Six standard airbags, including side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags for all three rows
- During a rollover, side curtain airbags stay inflated for several moments to provide additional protection
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Kelsey Mays||Cars.com National||May 25, 2010|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||June 18, 2009|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Buick Enclave
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.