2013 Buick Encore

Starting MSRP

Overall

Great value

by Smagg from Collegeville PA | December 17, 2014

Bought a2014 Buick encore leftover with conviencence package and really love it. Great gas mileage, comfortable, and love the look... Powerful without being a race car. No probs on highway and passing.. Has a turbo, so when you want power is there. Had GMC Terrain, and very happy with this car.

Blind side

by Doorstepbaby from tornado wv | November 3, 2014

Left front mirror sets to high on the door causing a total blind site for viewing front left hand turns. An average size female sees only the rear/mirror reflection which along with the tinted trim moulding and left of windshield SUV body causes a large front left blind view while pulling left hand off road. The mirrors should have been manufactured lower on the door panels, even with the top of door/window opening.

A pleasure to drive.

by Jim B from Mid Michigan from Mount Morris, MI | July 7, 2014

Had heard about Buick bringing to market a smaller cross-over, my neighbor got one and after looking up close at the car, I just new that this would be my next car. A very comfortable ride, good styling, and great gas mileage-34.5mpg hwy/ 29.city. This car is a perfect fit for us older drivers, easy in & out.

good car

by bradscrib from texas | June 27, 2014

love the gas mileage. It has a really nice ride. great features and that buick quietness inside. decent pep for such a small motor.

Just a happy driver with a great ride.

by Sanma from Eastern Shore of Maryland | June 8, 2014

I owned a Lexus RX330 before switching to the Encore Crossover. It took some getting used to but, it has pick up and versatility that surpasses the Lexus. I have driven it through winter weather with no complaints. The overall size is great for me and space is enough for hauling 6 ft sections for a back drop. I drive 50+ miles one way to work and I get great gas mileage- 38 miles to a gallon.

Wonky Transmission

by Been There Bought That from Chicago, IL | May 31, 2014

I have owned 12 different cars in my 50+ years. Although the decreased horse power makes for better gas mileage, it has painfully slow pick up. I've also experienced concern with the automatic shifting from 2nd gear into 3rd. On a hot day, it seemed as if it was going to die when first driven. With only have 6,000 miles on the car, this is a constant problem which has not been resolved. I would not recommend this car to anyone who expects to keep it out of the dealership except for routine maintenance.

Great car except for one BIG problem

by dwhit from Oklahoma City, OK | May 15, 2014

I I love everything about my 2013 Encore except for one Big problem. On a sunny day, the instrument cluster does not light up enough to be able to quickly check speed or fuel at a glance. It appears to me that it is totally unlighted. I have taken the car to my dealer and they say that everything checks out as being correct. Just recently, I was on a trip and knew that I was getting low on fuel. I glanced at the fuel gauge several times and could not see anything but a black hole. I finally puled off the road and with some effort was able to see how much fuel I had remaining. I thing that is ridiculous but was my only option. I have contacted Buick several times with my complaint but so far, no resolution to the problem.

Just the size I needed

by Former bowling star from Lake City, IL | March 25, 2014

I'd had my eye on the Encore for several months and got a great deal on a 2013 model. I have a 2002 Rendezvous, and it has served me well, but after my wife passed, I never needed its larger size and dwindling MPG. I don't know if I'll get 30 on the Encore, but it should be equal to the car I traded for it. The CUV handles well and I have enough engine power for my satisfaction. Since I will usually have 2 or less in the vehicle, I have more than enough storage space with back seats submerged. Though the Opera windows are fixed and awkward, they do minimize the large blind spot that I had on the Rendezvous and another previously-owned SUV. Most of all, I enjoy the elevated SUV-style seat as compared to the traded car; much easier for me to enter and exit. The only drawback so far is that the speedometer and gas gauge are right in line with the top of the steering wheel, and I have to duck down to view the gauges, taking my eyes off the road for a split-second.

Most comfortable and reliable vehicles

by Buick Fan from London | February 26, 2014

My husband and I have just purchased a 2013 Buick Encore, we are retired and wanted a vehicle that was not too big, easy to get in and out off, good gas mileage and comfortable....we test drove other vehicles of this size but came back to the Buick Encore. I would highly recommend this vehicle, we really love everything about it.

Love this Car

by Rocky from Dover NH | February 24, 2014

I Love the Buick Encore more and more the more I drive it. It just seems so well thought out. I am surprised at how under advertised under promoted it was. I literally had to stubble across it. I saw one driving and I was trying to figure out what the heck it was. I Noticed that everyone who actually owns one LOVES it and gives it great reviews so I figured that's worth something - So far we love the CAR!