2013 Buick Encore

See Photos & Videos

Overall

A pleasure to drive.

by Jim B from Mid Michigan from Mount Morris, MI | July 7, 2014

Had heard about Buick bringing to market a smaller cross-over, my neighbor got one and after looking up close at the car, I just new that this would be my next car. A very comfortable ride, good styling, and great gas mileage-34.5mpg hwy/ 29.city. This car is a perfect fit for us older drivers, easy in & out.

good car

by bradscrib from texas | June 27, 2014

love the gas mileage. It has a really nice ride. great features and that buick quietness inside. decent pep for such a small motor.

Just a happy driver with a great ride.

by Sanma from Eastern Shore of Maryland | June 8, 2014

I owned a Lexus RX330 before switching to the Encore Crossover. It took some getting used to but, it has pick up and versatility that surpasses the Lexus. I have driven it through winter weather with no complaints. The overall size is great for me and space is enough for hauling 6 ft sections for a back drop. I drive 50+ miles one way to work and I get great gas mileage- 38 miles to a gallon.

Wonky Transmission

by Been There Bought That from Chicago, IL | May 31, 2014

I have owned 12 different cars in my 50+ years. Although the decreased horse power makes for better gas mileage, it has painfully slow pick up. I've also experienced concern with the automatic shifting from 2nd gear into 3rd. On a hot day, it seemed as if it was going to die when first driven. With only have 6,000 miles on the car, this is a constant problem which has not been resolved. I would not recommend this car to anyone who expects to keep it out of the dealership except for routine maintenance.

Great car except for one BIG problem

by dwhit from Oklahoma City, OK | May 15, 2014

I I love everything about my 2013 Encore except for one Big problem. On a sunny day, the instrument cluster does not light up enough to be able to quickly check speed or fuel at a glance. It appears to me that it is totally unlighted. I have taken the car to my dealer and they say that everything checks out as being correct. Just recently, I was on a trip and knew that I was getting low on fuel. I glanced at the fuel gauge several times and could not see anything but a black hole. I finally puled off the road and with some effort was able to see how much fuel I had remaining. I thing that is ridiculous but was my only option. I have contacted Buick several times with my complaint but so far, no resolution to the problem.

Just the size I needed

by Former bowling star from Lake City, IL | March 25, 2014

I'd had my eye on the Encore for several months and got a great deal on a 2013 model. I have a 2002 Rendezvous, and it has served me well, but after my wife passed, I never needed its larger size and dwindling MPG. I don't know if I'll get 30 on the Encore, but it should be equal to the car I traded for it. The CUV handles well and I have enough engine power for my satisfaction. Since I will usually have 2 or less in the vehicle, I have more than enough storage space with back seats submerged. Though the Opera windows are fixed and awkward, they do minimize the large blind spot that I had on the Rendezvous and another previously-owned SUV. Most of all, I enjoy the elevated SUV-style seat as compared to the traded car; much easier for me to enter and exit. The only drawback so far is that the speedometer and gas gauge are right in line with the top of the steering wheel, and I have to duck down to view the gauges, taking my eyes off the road for a split-second.

Most comfortable and reliable vehicles

by Buick Fan from London | February 26, 2014

My husband and I have just purchased a 2013 Buick Encore, we are retired and wanted a vehicle that was not too big, easy to get in and out off, good gas mileage and comfortable....we test drove other vehicles of this size but came back to the Buick Encore. I would highly recommend this vehicle, we really love everything about it.

Love this Car

by Rocky from Dover NH | February 24, 2014

I Love the Buick Encore more and more the more I drive it. It just seems so well thought out. I am surprised at how under advertised under promoted it was. I literally had to stubble across it. I saw one driving and I was trying to figure out what the heck it was. I Noticed that everyone who actually owns one LOVES it and gives it great reviews so I figured that's worth something - So far we love the CAR!

Piece of junk

by Car man from Chicago | February 17, 2014

This is the worst vehicle I ever owned. Motor lacks power, lots of transmission problems. Car made lots of rattle and thumping noises. Interior is very cheap for a Buick. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more money and buy a Honda or Acura. Way better quality and better workmanship.

Just love it

by Older than dirt from Columia, SC | February 13, 2014

We traded our leased Mini Countryman, Wanted a slightly larger SUV with all the creature comforts seniors like: ( early 60's) Heated seats & steering wheel ( really like that) and dual power seats too! Super comfortable seats, great visibility, and smooth riding. Shortly after buying we drove 1100 x 2 miles to Ok and back to SC and never got fanny fatigue. Rode through snow, ice rain , and never fazed us , Who says southerners can't drive in snow! Oh, dual ac controls and great defrost was very appreciated! MPG was great, just as promised . We got right at an average MPG of 31 going half way across the country and back. ( 2200 plus miles) The electronics were so easy to learn and use. The non- Bose sound system is still superb. My only minor complaint is getting to the usb port located down in the console pocket. There are so many things we like I suggest you drive one . We plan on keeping this one for a long time.