2013 Buick Encore

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Just the size I needed

by Former bowling star from Lake City, IL | March 25, 2014

I'd had my eye on the Encore for several months and got a great deal on a 2013 model. I have a 2002 Rendezvous, and it has served me well, but after my wife passed, I never needed its larger size and dwindling MPG. I don't know if I'll get 30 on the Encore, but it should be equal to the car I traded for it. The CUV handles well and I have enough engine power for my satisfaction. Since I will usually have 2 or less in the vehicle, I have more than enough storage space with back seats submerged. Though the Opera windows are fixed and awkward, they do minimize the large blind spot that I had on the Rendezvous and another previously-owned SUV. Most of all, I enjoy the elevated SUV-style seat as compared to the traded car; much easier for me to enter and exit. The only drawback so far is that the speedometer and gas gauge are right in line with the top of the steering wheel, and I have to duck down to view the gauges, taking my eyes off the road for a split-second.

Most comfortable and reliable vehicles

by Buick Fan from London | February 26, 2014

My husband and I have just purchased a 2013 Buick Encore, we are retired and wanted a vehicle that was not too big, easy to get in and out off, good gas mileage and comfortable....we test drove other vehicles of this size but came back to the Buick Encore. I would highly recommend this vehicle, we really love everything about it.

Love this Car

by Rocky from Dover NH | February 24, 2014

I Love the Buick Encore more and more the more I drive it. It just seems so well thought out. I am surprised at how under advertised under promoted it was. I literally had to stubble across it. I saw one driving and I was trying to figure out what the heck it was. I Noticed that everyone who actually owns one LOVES it and gives it great reviews so I figured that's worth something - So far we love the CAR!

Piece of junk

by Car man from Chicago | February 17, 2014

This is the worst vehicle I ever owned. Motor lacks power, lots of transmission problems. Car made lots of rattle and thumping noises. Interior is very cheap for a Buick. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more money and buy a Honda or Acura. Way better quality and better workmanship.

Just love it

by Older than dirt from Columia, SC | February 13, 2014

We traded our leased Mini Countryman, Wanted a slightly larger SUV with all the creature comforts seniors like: ( early 60's) Heated seats & steering wheel ( really like that) and dual power seats too! Super comfortable seats, great visibility, and smooth riding. Shortly after buying we drove 1100 x 2 miles to Ok and back to SC and never got fanny fatigue. Rode through snow, ice rain , and never fazed us , Who says southerners can't drive in snow! Oh, dual ac controls and great defrost was very appreciated! MPG was great, just as promised . We got right at an average MPG of 31 going half way across the country and back. ( 2200 plus miles) The electronics were so easy to learn and use. The non- Bose sound system is still superb. My only minor complaint is getting to the usb port located down in the console pocket. There are so many things we like I suggest you drive one . We plan on keeping this one for a long time.

Favorite vehicle so far

by City commuter from Minneapolis, MN | February 7, 2014

I bought my 2013 Encore 5 months ago and so far, one of my best decisions ever. I live in the midwest and we were hit with one of our worst winters in years. I was surprised how well it handled as I did not get the AWD. The turn radius and compact size are a dream come true when commuting and parking in the City. Taking it on road trips is even more enjoyable with the Bose sound system and the smooth quiet ride. I love my Encore and can't believe I got it at such a reasonable price.

BEST THING i HAVE DONE

by NANA from NASHVILLE,TN | January 16, 2014

LOVE THE GAS MILEAGE. FIRST TANK ON THE ROAD 30MPG, FIRST TANK IN THE CITY 27MPG. GOING FROM THE ENCLAVE TO THIS IS A REAL MONEY SAVER. LOVE THE WAY IT HANDLES

Update

by Cars from MD | December 30, 2013

Excellent, Have had the Encore for almost 5 months and it has not disappointed. 5500 miles no trouble, fantastic gas mies, does everything its suppose to plus very good in the snow. So Buy one!

2013 Encore - My Experience

by 2013 Buick Encore Owner from Illinois | December 28, 2013

I bought a 2013 Buick Encore. It was brand new. My primary use for the vehicle was for commuting purposes back and forward to work - 95% highway miles. It was a great car in terms of comfort. I had the convenience package and the car was loaded with all the options that I absolutely loved. Auto dimming mirrors, heated seats and it handled well in the snow. I did not see any issues with the car having 138 hp at first because I was driving it for comfort, but at 20,000 miles the transmission developed a bad leak. . Originally, the mechanic thought that it needed a new transmission.The car had regular maintenance at the dealer prior to this, so I was surprised. When the dealer's mechanic looked at it (took it apart, etc), he stated that the seal failed, so they they ended up replacing the seal. I have to say I loved this car, but I think the the hp struggles to move the weight of the car and I accelerated this car daily to get get it up to 65 mph off the ramp. I would not buy again until they add more hp to this car.

great all around

by youngbuickdriver from Minneapolis MN | November 14, 2013

I live in the midwest and wanted to get AWD before the snow hit. Previous drove a Nissan Sentra and liked it but it was terrible in snowy commutes. I looked at several small SUVs- Nissan Rogue, Ford Escape, Houndai Tuscon, etc but the Buick Encore really caught my eye, offered more luxury and was similarly priced as these models! The only hitch was that I'm in my 20's so I got some flack from people about buying a "old person" Buick, but I don't care because this car is awesome!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and I'm not even a car person. I got the convenience package and the remote start, Bluetooth audio, Bose audio is just so amazeballs.