2014 Buick Encore

Available in 8 styles:  2013 Buick Encore FWD Sport Utility shown

Overall

Smooth riding quiet car

by MRCAR from New Jersey | May 15, 2016

Nothin like a Buick ride smooth ride and is quiet. Gets good gas milage and its a nice size. Has many buttons to push to change radio and navagation. The strearing wheel button to change the radio station is not that easy to grip. I wish it had a locking glove compartment. The electronics worry me as the battery was replace under warranty before 2 years and less than 12k miles. I own 4 other buicks and they are all still running well and have had very little repairs.

Obsessed with my 2014 encore!!

by Volleyball Coach from NJ | May 9, 2016

I bought this as my first SUV to travel while I coach volleyball and head to work. I take back roads and highways everyday, so it was important to get an all wheel drive for the winter. There's no words to describe how much I love my car! I get compliments from everyone!! Smooth rides, steering, true luxurious feel on the inside. I love the hill-assist technology. I can't stop volunteering to drive my coworkers and friends because I love to show off this car!

Great econo SUV

by Senior car enthusiast from Greenwood, In | March 25, 2016

Bought this little suv in July 2014. Loved all the standard features for the money. Loved it so well I called the dealer and asked if I could get another for my wife. Needless to say we have 2 now. Have been impressed with the little turbo. Both get 30+ mpg in the CITY. It is light on its feet, steers the same, easy to maneuver and a piece of cake to park, plus a small footprint in the garage and when the turbo kicks in it moves out good on the interstate. The ride is what I expect from a very light Buick. The only problems...replaced windshield wipers on wifes car..LOL...doesn't get any better than that. Will get 2 new 16's this summer.

Great Car, Great Deal

by SailorSoldier from Chicago | March 17, 2016

I like my car. Its my first "SUV." I wanted good gas mileage, stylish features, and more room. I live in a city and the Encore is the perfect compromise with size and mileage. I have 3 gripes. 1) Sudden acceleration isn't this vehicle's strong point. Smooth and planned acceleration is great. I'm going 80mph without realizing it sometimes, so watch out. 2) The gas and brake pedals are at too steep of an angle. 3) The speaker/sound system is also not the best. Its pretty weak. Even a standard/base speaker version shouldn't be this bad. These are small gripes, and overall I am happy. Check it out.

Car is all over the raod

by Not too happy about Encore from Milan, Il | January 25, 2016

Our Encore is a 2104 and has been in the shop for a right front strut replacement and and entire steering column. Car continues to go off the road mainly to the right. Car has a poor design to it and when driving it feels like your going to lose control of the car. Wind is terrible on this car. Even thought multiple mechanics have driven the car and have tried everything they can't cant fix the problem. We've been told this car is a piece of s--- and basically there is nothing we can do because its how the car is made. So I fight to keep it on the road.

unbelievable value for the money!

by AZ Desert Dog from Maricopa, Arizona | October 21, 2015

first, let me start by saying I have seven other vehicles in my garage, including two late model Cadillacs. when I bought my Encore in June of 2013, 93 days passed before I drove any of my other seven vehicles; that's how much I love my Encore. not a single thing has been a disappointment, and after less than a year and a half of ownership, I'm closing in on 40,000 trouble-free miles. this car gets so much attention everywhere I go, that I've started carrying my salesman's business cards in the car to hand out, and so far eleven people have purchased Encores from my recommendation. I'm a big guy (280 lbs, 6' 3"), and am supremely comfortable behind the wheel. I've taken it on three long trips (over 2000 mi. each), and I'm just as comfortable as I am driving one of my Cadillacs. two of the things that amaze me most are the smooth ride (unusual for a short wheelbase vehicle), and the tomb-like (or should I say, "Buick-like") silence inside on the road. the fuel economy is excellent; average sits at 32.8 mpg, and I've gotten up to 37 mpg on trips, all on regular fuel. I'm really confused by those who have complaints about power, as it feels like a V-6 under the hood to me. I drove up to Payson, Arizona from Phoenix a month ago, going from sea level to over 5,000 feet. the final uphill grade into Payson is a killer, and all vehicles were struggling up the hill in the right lane. I zoomed by in the left lane, cruise set at the speed limit (70mph), with the turbo doing its job, and the transmission never even shifted out of sixth gear. I'd love to tell you about the litany of issues I've had, but other than oil changes and tire rotations, I haven't been back to the dealer for anything; not one problem, not one squeak or rattle. I'm seriously thinking about buying a second new Encore, as at the rate I'm going, this one will hit 100,000 miles in another year and a half. its amazing to see the trades coming in on new Encores at my dealership; almost all Mercedes-Benz, BMWs, Lexus, and Cadillacs. do yourself a favor: DRIVE ONE, and you'll be driving it home!

bad investment

by dean from Louisiana | August 17, 2015

I've lost over $8000 in value in less than one year. This vehicle is a very bad investment. Performance of this vehicle is terrible. The engine is weak and lacks sufficient power and gets very poor gas milage. I am stuck with this vehicle and cannot trade it in due to the excessive loss in value.

No more Pontiacs,fell in love with Encore

by Lil' Blue from Wisconsin | July 23, 2015

My Encore is bright blue, my favorite color. Had some issues getting it delivered from Korea or where ever it was made, but well worth the wait. I am madly in love with it and get compliments all the time from strangers.Mileage,ease of handling, parking driving are great!! One issue has developed recently that the dealership can't figure out and i wonder if anyone else has the same problem. The left mirror shows that there is someone passing me when there is no one anywhere around. The computer shows nothing and it has them baffled. Anybody help??

2015 horrible car... User unfriendly

by Dee from Florida | June 17, 2015

No room for car seats. Unfriendly for short people. No power. I want my V6 back. The fan in this car is loud. But the best PART is this car collects rain water on the hatch, which pours down on me when opening and closing the hatch. The seat is not made for short people. I am 5 feet tall. Would anybody like to buy a 2015 Encore with 600 Miles. It is 2 months old. Should have kept my old car 2004

electrical problem

by lineman nick from tell city in. | April 26, 2015

we love our 2015 encore. how ever ,' have an issue with the front parking assist and the radio-intelli-gent systems. (1) after the vehicle has been driven for a while and then when we come home," the front park assist will not activate unless you manually turn it on. according to the menu on the intelli-gent system it's on," but it won't work. (2) yesterday the radio and intell-gent system screen flashed--came back on--and flashed a couple of times and went blank. I called the dealer and they are going to squeeze me in to have these taken care of anf then serviceing it. the fule mileage is wonder ful for an all wheel drive.