2014 Buick Encore

Starting MSRP

Overall

bad investment

by dean from Louisiana | August 17, 2015

I've lost over $8000 in value in less than one year. This vehicle is a very bad investment. Performance of this vehicle is terrible. The engine is weak and lacks sufficient power and gets very poor gas milage. I am stuck with this vehicle and cannot trade it in due to the excessive loss in value.

No more Pontiacs,fell in love with Encore

by Lil' Blue from Wisconsin | July 23, 2015

My Encore is bright blue, my favorite color. Had some issues getting it delivered from Korea or where ever it was made, but well worth the wait. I am madly in love with it and get compliments all the time from strangers.Mileage,ease of handling, parking driving are great!! One issue has developed recently that the dealership can't figure out and i wonder if anyone else has the same problem. The left mirror shows that there is someone passing me when there is no one anywhere around. The computer shows nothing and it has them baffled. Anybody help??

2015 horrible car... User unfriendly

by Dee from Florida | June 17, 2015

No room for car seats. Unfriendly for short people. No power. I want my V6 back. The fan in this car is loud. But the best PART is this car collects rain water on the hatch, which pours down on me when opening and closing the hatch. The seat is not made for short people. I am 5 feet tall. Would anybody like to buy a 2015 Encore with 600 Miles. It is 2 months old. Should have kept my old car 2004

electrical problem

by lineman nick from tell city in. | April 26, 2015

we love our 2015 encore. how ever ,' have an issue with the front parking assist and the radio-intelli-gent systems. (1) after the vehicle has been driven for a while and then when we come home," the front park assist will not activate unless you manually turn it on. according to the menu on the intelli-gent system it's on," but it won't work. (2) yesterday the radio and intell-gent system screen flashed--came back on--and flashed a couple of times and went blank. I called the dealer and they are going to squeeze me in to have these taken care of anf then serviceing it. the fule mileage is wonder ful for an all wheel drive.

a great AWD

by buicktiful from Blind River | March 2, 2015

Love this for the fact that its a perfect size for me the camera when backing up and the AWD. The only problem so far is I have had blue smoke coming from the exhaust 2 x now and have 11,000 km , hoping it was just the cold weather. If not , I hope its under warranty.

Creaky Squeaky

by Central PA from Central PA | February 14, 2015

Purchased in June of 14 to replace Equinox. Encore has nice interior and features that are easy to use. Handles well, ride is smooth and cabin noise is minimal. My complaints are with extremely loud brake grind sound when conditions are wet and a very creaky suspension over bumps/uneven surfaces. Service people cannot duplicate issues and say that everything checks out. This level of noise is indicative of some sort of problem! NO NEW CAR should sound like this! The jury is still out for me.

Best in Class CUV/SUV

by Jill Hennesy from Alpine, NJ | January 20, 2015

I bought my new 2015 Buick Encore and I love it!! The SUV is full of safety and luxury features that my fiends who drive Mercedes and BMW don't currently have. The Onstar remote start and other mobile services is a real life saver in the winter. The cross traffic alerts and blind zone alert were standard in my convenience package. The Navigation system was easy to learn and by the 3rd day it was second nature. Nothing beats the quiet cabin and the ultra smooth ride even over winter beaten North East roads. The SUV has enough power for my needs and holds it's on when merging and on highways but I can see where some drivers may want a little more power. Overall I really love this car/SUV.

Back with GM after 30 years

by Cindy Claus from Chicagoland | December 18, 2014

After owning a 2005 Lexus Rx330, a 2009 Lexus Rx 350, and leasing both a 2012 Acura MDX and a 2013 Acura RDX, the Buick Encore is by far the best value for the money. I am an SUV junkie as that is all I owned since the kids started driving and I no longer needed a minivam. Compared to the Lexus and Acura vehicles, you just can't beat the value the Buick Encore offers. Although not quite as roomy as the Lexus RX 350, the Encore gets the job done - and for a lot less $$$. I actually rented one during a recent trip to Florida. Although the rental was not loaded with leather, sunroof, and AWD, it made an impression on me. I was codiering the Lincorn MKC, but test driving I was not impressed - it rode like a truck, had no power, the interior was less than I expected from Lincoln, and it was noisy. When I got back, I did some research and decidied to terminate a lease I currently had with Acura and check out the Buicks. The RDX was the 6-cylinder, but just didn't live up to the Acura reputation. I originally decided on the RDX as the MDX lease was expiring and gas mileage was terrible! The RDX wasn't much better and required premium fuel. The Encore leased is fully loaded AWD with navigation and sunroof. Buick actually offered several thousand off with the Acura trade - I saved over $300 / month and would'nt consider going back. Just as nice as the Lexus, just a little smaller and nimbler which works well for me. This is the first GM vehicle I or my husband has considered in over 30 years. The car is almost a year old and I just love it. GM is definately back!

Nice Little CUV

by Debbie from Edmonton Alberta | October 31, 2014

I have had my Encore Premium for about 8 months... handles well enough for me... i use it on the highway and in the city.. The gas mileage is great. Very comfortable to drive. and it is soooo cute.... things i would like to see improved... touch screen ,, electronic back hatch and bigger arm rest and a arm rest for the passeneger...... Cute vehicle for the buck.. This will be its first winter so hopefully will ride well..

Buying experience

by Sew Queen from aiken, SC | October 28, 2014

The encore promises to be an exceptional value. Our experience with the Herlong Chevrolet, Buick, Inc. dealership in Johnston, SC was one of the best car buying trips we have experienced. We were greeted by Jody Jenison - our salfesman. Sharon Rutland, Finance was very knowledgeable and efficient in processing paperwork. We would recommend this dealership to anyone in the market for a new car.