2014 Buick Encore

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love The Buick Encore

by Jan's Buick from KY | April 19, 2014

The perfect SUV for me, Buick Encore. I have owned the Encore for about a month and I love everything about it.

LOVE IT

by Encore Happy from Brownwood Texas | April 16, 2014

I have had my Encore for about a month. I have driven in our little hometown and in Houston and have no complaints about power. The gas mileage is wonderful. City averaging 28.5 or higher and highway over 30. I wanted a small SUV but really fell in love with the Encore when I saw it. It is the perfect size for me.

Good style but has it's flaws

by welder bob from Ashford,WI | March 5, 2014

AWD handles good even on ruff roads but has it's flaws in the interior. No passenger arm rest. Will sit 4 people but the back is very cramped. At a price tag of $30,500 you would expect a little more creature comforts. An $800 navigation system is nice but a Garmin or other navigation system will cost less than half the cost of the Buick's navigation system. I didn't like the fact that the Encore is made in Korea.

Love my 2014 Encore. Cutest CUV on the market!

by janidb from Colorado Springs, CO | February 23, 2014

After 3 months and 1800 miles, I'm very happy with my Encore. I nearly didn't buy it because of some of the negative reviews around, saying that the engine is too small, it's slow, etc., but I'm glad I followed my inclinations and bought it anyway. It's just the car my husband and I wanted. It's a small CUV, and so cute, it makes me smile every time I approach it to drive it off. The little turbocharged engine is actually quite peppy. You can feel that it's a little slow off the mark, but I'm not into racing, so that doesn't matter. I have no trouble merging on to highways or maintaining our Colorado highway 75 mph speed. I drove it up to Rocky Mountain National park the other day and it purred up the mountain road with no problems. It has a Manual setting on the transmission, and that works very well to control speed on downhill stretches, particularly on snowy or icy roads. You feel in control, and don't have to be using the brakes much. I love the high seating position, the comfortable ride, the high-tech features, Bluetooth phone connectivity, hands-free, voice-activated controls within easy reach on the steering wheel or column and the Bose sound system. I like listening to classical music while driving, and the super-quiet interior is excellent for that. The interior is comfortable and luxurious, with its leather seats and heated steering wheel, and I just enjoy driving now! The 2014 model has a couple of great features that I'm glad I waited for. Those are the blind spot indicators and the rear cross-traffic alerts. Even though I set my mirrors carefully, those blind spot lights are a godsend. And since there are a few blind spots around the car, because of the thick rear columns and small rear window, the cross-traffic alerts also really help. I wish the rear view camera had a grid on it, though. You really can't tell how far away anything is. Everything looks far away! The Encore runs on regular gas! That's a great feature, compared to many comparable SUVs. So far, the average mpg is 24.7. Not great, but not too bad either. Because of the small engine, the mpg goes down significantly on uphill stretches, but usually does around 34 or 36 mpg (instantaneous) or more, once it gets going on the highway. My average of 24.7 mpg is from about a 70% - 30% city/highway mix. You might not like this CUV if you have a family to drive around all the time. But for a couple like us or for a single driver, it just fills the bill. .

HAPPY ENCORE OWNERS

by JB from CT | November 20, 2013

The car is very good vehicle for our purpose. AWD and very good gas mileage. The car is very comfortable and solid. Styling is very appealing. Have had many complements form complete strangers asking about it. A fun and stable vehicle to drive.

EXCELLENT

by yahoo from wash dc | October 1, 2013

Look at all and then come back and get the Encore. Its finished off the nicest, its quick, cute, and luxuriuos. A vehicle to be proud to own.

Great Little Car

by JP from Memphus, TN | June 28, 2013

I love my Encore! It is peppy, fun to drive and apparently hates gas stations! It us very responsive to the driver. I live that it can tell me how far to the nearest gas station and how much it us per gallon. I also love that it has navigation independent from OnStar! I have had my car 3 months......it's a good little hauler, too....6 large bags of mulch and three large garden soil all in the back set area and $200 of tomato plants, herbs and flowers n the back. The sound system is Bose and it rocks!!! NO NEGATIVES SO FAR....loving it! Hubby liked it so well we are going to trade in our Terrain next week on one for him!!!!!!!!!!