2005 Buick LaCrosse

See Photos & Videos

Overall

comfort and style

by kat from Sprinfield, IL | October 19, 2013

I have owned several Buicks They tend to perform well with very high mileage, often going over 300000 with regular repairs of a car much "younger". Very comfortable ride and the Lacrosse has a European feel to it's body style. Great suspension too. Most are loaded with extras

3.8 is a very reliable eng.

by Buick guy from Ft Laud, Fl | December 30, 2012

This is my second Buick, my first being a 92 Lesabre which I had for nine years. I don't think I'll have a problem with this one.

Real Smooth

by C Maestro from Birmingham, AL | January 7, 2012

I would have to say that my LaCrosse is one of my best investments. It is smooth, extremely reliable, and gets good gas mileage. I put it on the highway for the first time a couple weeks ago and got 34 mpg. I kept my speed between 63-67 mph. I love the gas mileage computer; keeps you informed about everything going on with the car. The car is extremely comfortable.

Great Car

by tkruz from | September 9, 2010

Bought mine in 08 with 60k miles and here in September 0f 2010 it has 161k. Replaced one wheel bearing and two sets of tires. Runs great and is good on gas. Average 29-32 hwy. Sales keeps me moving. Only down side is the blind spots. Hard to see behind and to the sides.

Senority Car

by Juan from Ulster, New York | March 25, 2010

Good car in gas, confortable to drive in any weather. Also it is the perfect size for peolpe to drive.

Nicest dream car I have ever owned!

by Buick Lover from Detroit, MI. | January 13, 2010

I have owned my 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS since February of 2007. Bought it new for about $9000 off the sticker since it was still on the lot for two years. It's been a very reliable car. It has no rattles...even after it got rear-ended two years ago. Love the traction control...especially on slippery roads! The FACTORY remote start is really great to have, too. There's lots of room for my long legs. It's just an all-around well-built car....and BUICK IS #1!

Great Car so far

by Buckeye Nut from Ohio | December 25, 2009

This car has been a great one and the reliability has been rock solid. It now has 65K and still runs like a gem. The engine is smooth and a strong performer. I would buy another in a heartbeat. The car is still nice and tight with no rattles. I have had cars from all makes and this one has been one of the best.

Don't like it

by Hummingbird from Tidewater, VA | October 26, 2009

I bought this CXL new and have had it since July 2005. It has about 84,000 miles on it. I've put a new transmission in it and just had four new struts put on and now the ride is horrific. It's going back to the shop this week. It also eats tires. There is a rattle in the dash and the backlight on the dash sometimes doesn't work so you can't see anything. I've had this fixed once already and since then it went out for a bit and now it is working on its own again. Go figure. The paint, or whatever it is, is coming off on the power button for the radio. I really don't have anything nice to say about this car. Oh wait, the trunk space isn't bad. I guess I got a lemon. I have always bought American but even with my husband's disapproval I will not buy American again. The reliability of this car has ruined it for me.

Nice ride

by Old Hippie from Twin Cities | October 20, 2009

One of the nicest cars I've owned. However, I miss the hood ornament! Rides smooth and handles well. Standard audio system is a real trat.

Could be better

by Bill from Lexington, SC | April 8, 2009

I've owned my 2005 Lacrosse CXL since brand new for the last 4 years. I rarely drive it and baby it to death. However, it is far from a perfect vehicle. Mechanically, it has been sound and dependable. I have had some integrity issues beginning with a mysterious heavy water leak on the interior passenger side of the vehicle whenever it rains. During heavy or consistent rain, both floor boards on the passenger side become flooded with water. I have yet to figure out why. Also, I was getting out of the car on a windy day when the wind blew the driver side door open really hard. This has made the door a bit off of alignment, but this has not posed any visible problems other than a noticable "clack" sound when you enter and exit the vehicle. When driving, there is also a lot of creaking and rattling sounds coming from the dash. This is where they used cheap plastic and synthetic wood grain on the dash board that just isn't constructed very well. One last strange sound I am dealing with is whenever I take a sharp curve there is a sound similar to a pin ball being dropped directly behind the speedometer. I should have taken more time to listen and evaluate the car during the test drive, but you don't think about bizarre issues like these until they actually happen. A final note is that this car is built on the same chasis as the Pontiac Grand Prix and shares the same engine and trans. So, it is a bit cramped on the inside like most sports cars can be. Unless you can get a good price on a Lacrosse, I would say your money could be spent more wisely on a much more quality vehicle, such as a Camry, Infiniti, Saab, Honda etc.

Featured Services for this Buick LaCrosse