2000 Buick LeSabre

19 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Fantastic

by Swan, Central Coast CA. from Central Coast CA | December 26, 2013

I just purchase this 2002 LeSabre from a used car lot in town. Test drove it and was very impressed. I've worked for a Cad dealer and had plenty opportunity to drive various cars on the lot. This Buick was the best experience for me. Just had to find one.

Greatest car ever

by k from sf,ca | April 5, 2013

Only car purchased new,2000 custom.never want to replace this baby. Powerful & Luxurious Perfect for experienced driver and the nervous newbie

Great car!

by Mike from Central PA | January 31, 2013

Got mine about six years ago, when my in-laws went into assisted living. I would never have bought it for myself, but am so glad I ended up with it. Good, solid car, rides well, lots of room, good milage - and goes and goes. 242,000 miles today, but brakes, struts and shocks all went at the same time so it's time to move on. Biggest problem with this car are the electric windows, I have had all four fail at one point or another. At $450 each to replace, you'd think they would have modularized the units so you wouldn't have to completely replace the whole thing.

Luxury and hi-tech

by Pontiac from Rhode Island | June 27, 2012

This is a top notch saloon for its time with it's on board trip computer and electronic a/c adjuster. Although the exterior design is absolutely herindous. you are still in a luxuryis saloon car even for 2012 standers. You need to change oil frequently for it is American made. Average 25mpg rating. The new buicks are just amazing even this old fat one is aswell. buick has shed it's pounds and replaced their trip computers with new SUPERB Sat Nav systems and made it for all ages a great company! Our 2000 lesabre has driven from RI to ME several times so it's reliable!

Second LeSabre I've owned.

by Rebel from Riverside, CA | May 15, 2012

I was so pleased with my first LeSabre that after putting 227,000 on it I bought another one. This thing is a work-horse; very reliable. Too bad they discontinued it. If I had a vote, I'd have them bring it back.

MONEY PIT

by C P from Clayton, NC | February 9, 2012

DO NOT BUY BUICK ! NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THIS CAR SINCE I BOUGHT IT IN 2006. ALMOST 200000 MILES BUT EVERYTHING THAT HAS GONE WRONG HAS COST A FORTUNE TO FIX ! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BUICK AGAIN !

So far, so good

by american car lover from Miami, Florida | September 20, 2011

I purchased this 2000 Buick LeSabre in December 2010 with 96,000 miles from a mechanic who got it as a 'payment' for a work he had done. I've known that Buick are very reliable automobiles (my father owned a 1976 Buick Electra 225 well into the 80's), and since I was looking for a second car to go back and forth between my home and my job, I got it for more than half of its suggested resale value. I decided to do a tune-up on the engine and replaced the overhead seal gasket, mass air flow sensor and serpentine belt as well. The engine is performing very well; good pick-up for a car with so many miles, and the fuel economy is still pretty good too (250 miles per full tank driven mainly on the street). I still need to work on the area of the dashboard (it peel-off on the area right behind the windshield defrost vents). Other that those cosmetic problems, the car is a beauty. Even though I have not drive far on the road, the ride is confortable and brakes are fast to respond. It takes the turns well without givin that 'whale car' feel to it. I intend to keep this car for at least another 100k miles, and I don't care if it is considered to be 'your father's car' by most people; I just like how it feels.

Buick LaSaber

by Sports car enjojist from tooele, utah | March 11, 2011

Great car for travling in like we did. Great Road Car. Wish we could have gotten more milage out of it, 140,000 then tranny went and a couple other things ac compressor, driver side window motor, few odds and ends. Still we loved it till that all went out. Bought a better MPG car to replace it. Ford Fusion, it seems great thus far. We'll see.

2000 Buick LeSabre

by daily driver from Seattle,WA | March 4, 2011

Do not like how the car is built-car molding is falling apart and off, don't like the seats on long trips-back starts hurting, don't like the handling and steering feel- car seems to float all over the road, steering wheel to eager to return towards the middle, power is adequate but is very uneven and tachometer jumps all over- you can hear and see that the gear changes are not smooth at swift/sudden acceleration, seats are to flat and tend to get uncomfortable on a long trips, gets about 20mpg combined I would not recommend this car to a friend

extreamly reliable

by james from | September 19, 2010

I bought a used 2000 Buick Lesabre with 60,000 miles on it. I now have 227,000 miles on it.(mostly trouble free) the only problem I had was the moters for both front windows went out.It is a very reliable automobile.I had a Buick Park Avenue before this one,and had 260.000 miles on it before trading it in!

Featured Services for this Buick LeSabre