2001 Buick LeSabre

19 city / 30 hwy

Overall

BUICKS ARE THE " YOU CAN'T LOOSE " WAY OF TRAVEL

by long time owner of GM vehicles from AKRON, OHIO | April 16, 2013

I OWN 2 LA SABRES. A 1993 LIMITED WITH 167,000 MILES AND STILL RUNNING. ALL OPTIONS ARE WORKING AND HAS NO SIGN OF GIVING UP. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A 2001 CUSTOM THAT TURNS HEADS AND ENJOY 21 MILES IN THE CITY AND TOOK A TRIP TO UPPER MICHIGAN (600 MILES ONE WAY ) AND WAS HAPPY TO GET 31 MILES ON THE FAST- WAY UP. IF YOU DON'T OWN ONE, THEN YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THEIR RELIABILITY.

Wish I knew

by Bruce and jean from SE OHIO | March 9, 2013

This the second Buick I've owned, I have owned at least a dozen different automobiles in my life, this is the most comfortable car I've ever owned! My next new one will be a Buick

Reliable, but minor problems

by Looking for a New Car! from Jackson, MS | May 27, 2012

My parents bought this car used and I used it all 4 years of college. With over 230,000 miles now, it has been a very reliable car. The third year I used it though, many things under the hood had to be fixed. The two front windows do not work, even after replacing. Gas mileage is at 25.5 and for a college student, that was great! I am buying a new car of my own this week, but I'm thankful for my "old blue" that was so reliable when I needed it to be!

Not Reliable above 100,000 Miles

by Car Enthusiast from Upstate NY | April 4, 2012

Sell this car when it hits 100,000 miles. After 110,00 miles it became a money pit: warped plastic intake manifold, oil pressure problems, brake rotors warped constantly, sliders in the brakes seized often, calipers replaced more than once, power window regulators broke often and they aren't cheap, front tires wore badly, air shocks only lasted 2 years if you live in snow (salt) country, etc. I can't remember everything that went wrong. I had two simultaneously, one until 140,000 miles and the other until 125,000 miles. I replaced them both with Toyota Avalons. What an improvement.

How to enjoy a 10 year old treasure.

by Practical mom, walker, bicyclist, quilter & sailor from Boston, MA | January 9, 2012

Well, it's ten years old with miles less than 3/4 of a century! But...there has been care, the first important thing to check on. Though the gas gauge bounced, a window wiper needed replacement, and there is a spot needing paint on the bumper...this car is fabulous! When everyone else is paying high dollar to get into the 30's we get a very respectable 27 mpg on city highway travel. The engine hums, car turns on a dime, inside is plush with bells and whistles that work, and the dealership fixed everything and put on a new pair of tires. She'd been sitting on the back of the lot for three months. The dime on the dollar is wonderful and promises to last us through many future adventures. Don't overlook those previously loved oldies!

power windows

by ocs1985 from Southside,Al. | April 26, 2011

Good car except for the power windows. I have had 5 power windows regulators replaced. There should be a recall by GM.

Most reliable car i have ever owned

by Buick from TX | April 6, 2011

This car has room ,class and is very very dependable .Which should not be surprising since it is a Buick. We bought this car used and now have owned it for 7 years .The car is still DEPENDABLE.. I do not plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever OWNED

by LeSabre owner from Washington, NC | January 19, 2011

I own 2 LeSabres. They are the best vehicles I have ever owned. I have a limited that gets 34 MPG highway and a custom that gets 36 MPG highway. Yes, the 3800 engine is great on gas. My brother made some minor modifications which gives me this mileage. On an average al of my friends that own the LeSabre get 30 to 32 on the highway and 26 to 28 in town. Maintenance is minimal.

Best in class

by KatLady from Ann Arbor, MI | November 17, 2010

This is by far the best used car I've ever bought. Nine years old and still looks and feels like new. Hope to have this car for 9 more years.

Great full sized car

by Brad from Glendale, AZ | May 25, 2008

Best road gas milage ever. across desert 85 mph, 110 degrees, 25 mph crosswind and still get 28 mpg in comfort. Many small cars won't.

Featured Services for this Buick LeSabre