2002 Buick LeSabre

20 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Good deal but!

by n/a from Allentown,Pa. | May 22, 2014

I drove this car a week ago,then went tue to buy it but the manger would let it go for my trade and a down payment on this car,it was beyond me that he wanted the whole price for this car and it has been sitting there on the lot more then 30 days,so we walk away from it and look else where.

It just won't quit

by keeping it blue from NEw Orleans | January 22, 2014

Very comfortable. Quiet, pleasant ride. Adequate power. Roomy front seat with the 6 passenger option. Its a real shame all new cars crowd the driver with a console, and have just 5 passenger capacity. Mine has 242,000 miles. Lately the repair bills are a bit more than the past, but it is on life extension, so its OK. Redone transmission, but engine is still going, using about 1 quart of oil in 4,000 miles (not too bad for the age). Just about everything works like new. Interior has not one tear in the cloth, even though I use it like a truck sometimes. The trunk and back seat can hold a tremendous amount of equipment. The air shocks in the rear are a great asset for load leveling. I have repaired some things with a little innovation - the heat-raised dash cover has been nicely reattached, for example. Other than some exterior scratches and dings, it is still a presentable car for guest passengers. I wish it was still in production, but the new Impala looks to be the next best option.

Great auto

by Normal driver from Darien, Il | September 22, 2012

Good looking, great smooth ride, plenty of options. I bought the LTD. with leather seats and sunroof. I love the sun roof. I got the silver. Great color does not show the dirt. The rear seat has 39" of leg room with a large trunk. Good MPG for a car this size. The list price of the car in 2002 was $29,990. With $1865 in options and a frt. charge of $685. Total $32,540 Bought from private at $5000 with 97,000 miles, 2nd owner car. I have spent $450 in repairs to date. Will spend another $300 or so for plugs, hoses, anti- freeze and a few other items.Tires good for 25-30 k miles more. I had mechanic check over first.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by tallypackrat from Logan, Ohio | May 28, 2012

This car has far exceeded my expectations. I originally bought it as a car for my real estate business. At 162,000 miles, it is highly dependable! I didn't have to replace the battery until 140,000 miles! Great on gas for its size @ 28 mpg. I dread the day I let it go.

Some things are not always as good as they look.

by Corelated from Milwaukee WI | March 5, 2012

Granted this is a 10 year old vehicle,but the mileage was at 100k and the interior and body are great. When I picked her up from the dealership I was pleasantly surprised that it was freshly washed and the gas tank was now full. When I took it for a test drive the day before there was just under a 1/2 tank showeing on the gauge. I drove a total of 100 miles and the gauge was showing empty and the light and bell were warning me to get fuel. it took 17.3 gallons to fill her up. After driving another 100 miles The gauge still read full. I filled it up again and it took 3.6 gallons. Okay fuel gauge doesn't work. Dealer says As IS AND SHOWN so I can live with monitoring the odometer until I can repair the problem. In the next couple of weeks everytime there is rain an alarm goes off telling me the ABS is out and the fuel gauge is erratic. It looks Good, handles great and runs smooth. I just want to warn fellow car buyers to ask for dashboard assurance of some sort. I love the car!

Great Car

by schmedes1 from 19079 | November 15, 2011

Great ride,great on gas,pleasure to drive,bought with only 26,000 for a super price + 4 year warranty

Ready & reliable

by Brownco4 from Aledo, IL | November 2, 2011

Trouble-free, economical ride. 26 mpg in mixed driving with plenty of power and room. One of the best cars I've ever owned.

Frustrated

by romelio from Michigan | June 19, 2010

I bought a Buick Le Sabre with 50K, since then, the chain of problems don't stop. Bad heather core, change 3, times, power windows don;t work, change front struts, power luck door does don't work, and more.

good for a while

by CC11 from Chicago Illinois | June 10, 2010

I have a 2002 buick lesabre limited and it has many features but that doesnt mean they work. I have a low 40,000 miles and recently the traction control, airbags, abs brakes and heated seats have all stopped working. The car is worth 4000 dollars for a trade in but needs almost 5,000-10000 in repairs! A nice car but not much room inside for the extreme length and size of the car. A rather boring and bland car but so are many american cars of that time.

unbelievable car, engine and transmission

by Buick LeSabre lover from Prospect, PA | December 17, 2009

I have a 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited that I purchased with 30,000 miles on it back in 2001. I now have 220,000 miles on the car and it is still running strong with the original engine and transmission. I am going to to be purchasing another Buick LeSabre Limited (2000 - 2005 model) so that when this one eventually goes, I will have another to continue driving in. The car has been really unbelievable. The biggest problem that they have is that they go through brakes and rotors and the electric window motors brake often. Granted I do put a lot of miles on a car, but it still rides very smooth and is very roomy and comfortable inside.

Featured Services for this Buick LeSabre