2006 Buick Lucerne

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Buick Lucerne 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Smooth Ride!

by Dandy D from Virginia | May 17, 2013

While this may be an "old person's" car, if you want a smooth ride that's comfortable to drive, this is it! The series III 3800 is a work horse engine that is returning in the low to middle 30's mpg on the hwy and upper 20's around town. IF you opt for the front bench seat with the shifter on the column over the shifter on the console, the cup holders are a bit awkward as you after to flip down an access cover that looks strange..... then the holes for the cups are a tad too small for the best cups. Other than that, great car. Enough room in the trunk for you and another person to use it as a camper on long trips! (LOL)

Nice Midsized Sedan

by Dunbar Buick Fan from Wynnewood, Pa. | January 16, 2012

My previous car was a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado. I loved it because I'm still in the past, a fan of the old, full-sized luxury American coupes. Of course, they don't make those anymore so now I have to make do with what I can get. Another thing is that I sold new Buicks and Chevrolets for many years. Loved the job because I loved the cars.

My 4th Buick

by Love Leather Luxury from Wellsville, NY | September 6, 2011

I DO love this car ...except for 2 things : The "posts" between the windshield & the front windows are much wider than other cars, obstructing the view of things or oncoming cars from the side. Also, this car is a little too "low-set". the front bottom (airdam) will scrape the road, even at small dips or driveway unevenness. I'm not too concerned about either problem because I've learned to look from in front & back of the posts, and I haven't driven it during our NY winters yet to see if it bottoms out even more. Nice, beautiful car though !

Love this Buick

by organdude from Boston, MA | July 22, 2011

I purchased a 2006 Buick Lucerne CX, with moonroof, remote start, and six passenger seating. I love the ride and comfort of the car, it is very quiet and the road noise is very minimal. The 3800 Series III engine is smooth and gets decent gas mileage. Although, I think I would want the Northstar V-8 next time. I love this car! I am very happy with it and could definitely see myself buying another one after this.

Very nice!

by EA Mustangs from | July 18, 2011

A pre-owned Lucerne is an excellent value, especially the CXS version! You're getting a lot of car for the money. Good power and handling, yet fuel efficient for a V8 as long as you don't drag race it. I average 24 MPG with the Cadillac Northstar V8. I had a Dodge Magnum R/T with the HEMI--Yes, it had more power but I averaged only 20 MPG with that. The Lucerne is a great car, but people are smartly trending towards smaller cars with better fuel efficiency.

Extremely Dependable

by Tom from Minneapolis, Mn. | May 8, 2011

I purchased my 2007 Lucerne CXL used with only 9,000 miles on it.and I now have driven it for an additional 20,000 miles. It handles extremely well.. Quiet and smooth.. Great in the snow.. Great options,heated and A/C seats,rear park assist,navagation,,all of which work superbly.. The only issue, which I have read on some other reviews is the airbag light comes on ocassionally,but based on the overall mechanics/style/options/performance and price tag,I can live with that light coming on every once in a while. Now my question to General Motors is,why have they decided to stop production on the Lucerne.?,,as I have learned 2011 is the last year of its production of the Lucerne??go figure,once they really get something right,they discontinue its production..

the most luxury I have ever bought

by college dad from Philadelphia, PA | October 24, 2010

I have 2 kids in college, so we drive there several times a year. The car is very comfortable for the long distance. Had to replace the brakes at 48k, but I had to do that on my Impala at the same mileage. Other than that, it is a great quiet car.

excellent overall

by rich from tn | August 13, 2009

Nice ride very comfortable, interior easy to reach insturments, best overall buy for the money, and for a what I call a real car. Had many postive comments on the car from others riding in it. For me from now on a Buick.

Best car I've ever owned.

by Low Cost Luxury from Washington, MI | July 9, 2009

Love the ride. Smooth and quiet. Nice pickup too. Averaged over 26MPG (mostly highway) - great for a 6 cyl. All the luxury features are great - remote start, heated seats, auto-dimming rear view mirrors (inside and out), reverse assist sensors, automatic headlights, etc!

Lucerne 2006 Review

by Car Owner from Cedar, NJ | June 20, 2009

Excellent value. Even tires on original lasted for over 51,000 miles. Really a delight. Hopefully GM reorg will not mess it up.

Featured Services for this Buick Lucerne