2007 Buick Lucerne

Available in 4 styles:  2007 Buick Lucerne 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

best of the best

by Buick Driver from Augusta, GA | November 28, 2013

This is by far the best car I've driven and owned for the money. It doesn't have the performance of a big v8, but the mileage is good for a full size car. Buick is one of the best around for the money, because of the reliability. If you own one, keep it; other cars will disappoint you.

Buicks are great cars for the money

by Lifetime Buick Owner from CA | July 31, 2013

Let me begin by asking, do you get synthetic or regular oil when you change? I personally get synthetic and change it more frequently than required to keep a healthy car. That being said, this car will easily go 200k miles with a 3.8 S3 V6 or 100k miles with 4.6 Northstar V8 with proper care. You get what you pay for, by chance you want a more reliable and economical car, the V6 is recommended. On the other hand by chance you want an American race luxury sedan Flagship, then a V8 Northstar is the only way to go. Just a note the lack of reliability is due to the V8 being a Cadillac motor that Buick put in as a hybrid option, still American, however most likely due to the downfall of Lucernes in the beginning of the 2010 year as they were Buick's "Flagship". I owned both, personally I prefer the V8 for power, at the same the V6 does not lack power. I can see why there is no V6 3.1L option that some of the older Buick had, besides the fact they are no longer made, it needs to pull a Lucerne that is about 4,000-to-4,400 pounds. This is a really really long sedan, to put it in perspective, this "full size, luxury sedan" is as long as a 2000 Ford Explorer without the 10MPG. This car if for the technological bells and whistles, for those who appreciate the finer things in life.

great almost as good as the Park Avenue

by oldfarmer from Kennan Wi | May 23, 2013

Very nice car the more i drive it the better i like it I have driven a lot of Buicks over my 85 years the Park avenue was the best car i ever had This buick is also very good

PURE COMFORT FOR LONG TRIPS

by ROAD TRAVLER from Pocatello, Id | March 14, 2013

HAD A 1995 BUICK RIVERIA. LOVED THE CAR, DECIDED TO UP GRADE. DROVE ALOT OF CARS, NOTHING WAS MORE COMFORTABLE THEN THE LUCERNE. WIFE LOVES TO DRIVE IT AND IT'S FUN TO DRIVE. WE DO LONF ROAD TRIPS AND IT HAS A LARGE ENOUGH TRUNK TO HOLD 2 SETS OF GOLF CLUBS AND LUGGAGE. THIS IS THE SECOND BUICK WE HAVE HAD AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST. A++

No concern lucerne

by Da Bears from Chicago IL | January 23, 2013

Nicest ride ever! Solid construction and comfortable seats. The smooth ride is both quiet and with great vision.

Worst Car I have owned sence Highschool

by Clint from Springfield, OH | January 4, 2013

I learned to drive in my grandparents 93 Park Avenue which they have replaced with a 2000 Park Avenue. I am currently driving there 2000 Park Avenue while my 2007 Lucerne CXL V8 is in the shop, and I must say that there Park Avenue with 134,000 miles on it runs and drives better than my Lucerne. Im just getting the tires replaced and have to wait till the shop gets the tires in. I wish I could say that was the only thing wrong with this car. I bought it a year ago with 38,000 miles on it, and I have 58,000 miles on it now. In the past year I have had a leaking trunk that would leak into the battery compartment under the back seat I found that the battery and fuse box was sitting in 3 inches of water. I fixed that myself with a power drill I put a couple holes in the spare tire compartment that was full of water and some silicon jell. It still leaks, because of this I have all of the trunk interior trim removed. This increased road noise. The interior is built of poor quality and rattles more than most 20 year old pickups. The V8 has plenty of power but getting the power to the road in slippery conditions is a challenge. I think there are other suspension issues but I do not have the money or time to get that fixed. So I hope the tires are enough to get me by till I can replace this piece of junk.

The best First car Ever!!!

by Bewitched with my Lucerene from Hot Springs , Ark. | July 6, 2012

For the money I spent you could not get a better car. Its luxury at it 's best!! it's cute and sporty ,drives like a dream and the sound system is awesome !! I LOVE this car !! I will not drive or buy anything else in the future. I'm hooked!!!

Not a reliable car

by Previous GM Backer from Sparta, WI | June 3, 2012

Car has 39,000 miles. Recall on winshield washer heater, fix was to disable. Drivers door handle broke. Piece missing from trunk tension rods causing drum like sound going over freeway strips. Radio CD player quit. Front upper strut mounts wore out and had to be replaced. Left front wheel caster out of spec. I'm told it came from the factory like that, there is no adjustment and Buick will not do anything about it. I would not recommend buying this car.

Great car for a big person

by Gentle Giant from Tracy, CA | March 27, 2012

I'm 6'8" tall and needed a car that fit my body and where my head didn't the roof. Most sedans just weren't designed for taller individuals. I bought a used 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL with only 15,600 miles on it in January 2012. I've been extremely happy with the purchase since that time. The car is HUGE - plenty of room for my legs and have a few inches to spare between my head and the roof. The car is extremely quiet on the road - even at higher speeds. The car performs quite well on the road, although lacks the "oomph" of higher performance engines. I was drawn to the 3800 V6 engine due to a history of excellent performance and reliability, and I haven't been disappointed. The interior features are surprisingly nice and include heated steering well and driver/passenger seats, separate climate controls, MP3 jack in the stereo, hidden car charger port in the center console, and adjustable mirrors that tilt in reverse to improve your visibility. I only have two minor negatives with the car - the turning radius is fairly poor compared to other similar models and the MPG is nothing to write home about (getting about 20 city MPG and 24-25 MPG highway). But otherwise I'm very please, and even more pleased wen I found out it was best rated car for reliability by JD Powers and Associates for large sedans! I went into my search thinking I would buy a Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger, but found that this vehicle had better reliability and was $5,000 cheaper than a similarly loaded Chrysler or Dodge, so I couldn't be happier!

Old/New Lucerne

by yellowduck from Balsam Lake Wisconsin | February 13, 2012

I purchased this vehicle in White Bear Mn. I paid a little more than I wanted but, this car looks like it just came off the showroom floor. It only has 10,200 miles actually driven. Its like buying a brand new 35,000 car at half price. We love it.

Featured Services for this Buick Lucerne