2002 Buick Park Avenue

Available in 2 styles:  Park Avenue 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Park Ave Superior

by rwgelan from Kansas | June 29, 2012

Own 2. 1998 was my Dad's. Bought it when he stopped driving several years ago @ 75,000 mi. 1999 purchased 3 years ago for $1600 with 120K mi. Have done only minor maintenance/tires/battery, and recently a set of front struts. 98 has 145K on it. 99 has 169K miles, both engines running strong. I'm guessing they'll both run 200-250,000 mi (21-29 mpg and no car payments! That's true economy!) All that in a truly comfortable passenger cabin with excellent air conditioning.

Found exactly what I was looking for

by Love Park Avenues from West Union, IA | June 6, 2012

Have bought and owned 8 Park Avenue. Put out a search for a 2002 or 2003, under 100,000 miles, red and chrome wheels. Put out a 500 mile search found one at 481 miles, exacely what I was looking for. 80,000 miles, new tires, looks and rides like a new car.

I am now a fan!

by Fan of a Buick from LA | April 30, 2010

I would have never guessed how much I would like this car. I bought it off my mechanic (the main reason I bought it) and have never regretted it. Truth be told, I thought I was too cool to drive a Buick. Now I am a fan!

Alex

by Just another car owner from Connecticut | May 12, 2006

I bought my 97 Park Avenue used in 2001 with 71000 miles. Now it has 135000, but I love this car and would buy another one just like that only newer. BTW, I am only 30, so ditch the "grandpa's car" reputation! Get great mileage of 20-22 in city and 27-29 highway (best on my memory was 31.8 mpg highway-only driving for 6 hours @ 75-80 mph with tail wind). Regular 3.8L provides plenty of power and still runs quietly. Repairs/problems: 1.Blew head gasket and got coolant in cylinders once ($800). 2.Transmission solenoid got stuck and would shift jerkily ($500). 3.Chrome wheels need replacement (some corrossion around stem valves letting air out over week's time) - price TBD. 4.Just today windshield wipers ceased to work (looks like a slipped gear). Still, with all the comforts and great looks I highly value this model.

Featured Services for this Buick Park Avenue