We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2003 Buick Park Avenue

2003 Buick Park Avenue
Available in 2 styles:  Ultra shown
$899–$8,255

Overall

2003 Buick Park Ave.- a real sleeper

by johnmacthree from Providence, RI | March 7, 2016

I recently purchased a 2003 Buick Park Ave. after my beloved 1997 Subaru Legacy wagon finally gave up the ghost. Going from a small 4 cylinder imported wagon to a full size American sedan was a step up for me, but I figured that it was time to make the transition. Originally, Buick was not on my radar screen; however, my mechanic and several other people I know have had Buicks and had nothing but praise for them: reliable, inexpensive to maintain and repair, and enjoyable to drive. When I finally decided on the Park Ave., I began to look around for them in my daily rounds. Each time I met a Park Ave. owner, I would always asked him how he liked his car. Every one I spoke to had nothing but positive things to say. So after extensive looking, I found a 2003 Park Ave. with all the options and it had been well maintained. In the short amount of time I have had it, I have fallen in love with it. As other reviewers have noted, it gets excellent mileage for such a large car. I get 23 mpg. in mixed city/ highway driving (only slightly less than my Subaru), and have achieved 30 mpg in highway driving. The cabin is refined and quiet, and controls are ergonomically laid out. The front wheel drive works just fine here in New England, and I can seat 4 additional passengers in luxury and comfort. There is no driver fatigue at the end of a long trip; in fact, the seats are like a La Z Boy on wheels. All in all, an excellent car. I'm very glad that I made the switch to the Buick Park Ave. It's a shame that they don't make them any more. Long live the full size American sedan!

best car we've owned, just bought another

by carviewsonic from Alberta, Canada | December 22, 2015

We have owned our 2003 Park Avenue for six years, bought at 30,000 miles, now has 145,000 miles. An absolute pleasure to own and drive, and near perfect reliability. The only repair issue has been the climate control display went out. An easy do it yourself fix, all the info is online. Quiet, roomy, comfy, smooth ride, huge trunk, great on gas... the perfect family car. I looked for over a year for a replacement, was very lucky to recently find and buy a 2005 Park Avenue with only 15,000 miles. My wife is thrilled, she loves these cars. We don't want to get rid of our trusty old one, so I guess we'll have two of 'em for a while.

2003 Park ave Ultra

by Rockstar from Massachusetts | September 25, 2015

I have owned 6 since the mid 80's... Just had an accident with my "03" park Ave Ultra with 178000 on it that I've owned for 6 years and unfortunately it was totalled.... However, With a little luck I found another "03" Park Ave Ultra with 57000 on it and it's immanculate!! This car is a find!!! Finding it with low miles just made the deal so much sweeter! Wish they still made them??! Love the 3800 motor and the ride is excellent! Even the higher mile Park Ave's are holding up well!

MPG unbelievable

by comfort/plus from Kalamazoo, MI | October 30, 2013

This is my 3rd Park Ave in 22 years! I liked them all especially this one. It had only 86,500 miles and the interior is like new. We just completed a 900 mile trip to the UP of MI. Did not keep track of MPG on the way up but did on the way home. In the UP speed limits are set at 55 on rural roads, we averaged 34 MPG on cruise control. Coming home major highways set cruise at 68, drove 393 miles home and still had 1/4 of a tank.. Are we happy with car so far? You Bet!

Joe's buicks

by Buick fan from Glens Falls NY | September 11, 2013

This is the fifth Buick I have owned, and the third of the three Buicks I now own. I did not realize this was a 'Muscle car', but I guess with the black paint and chrome wheels and the 2 pipes coming off the back of the car...But she handles so well, gets good mileage(26-27 miles on the HWY), the steering and brakes, and the engine purrs. Now the dealership I got the car from didn't do a good job when I got the car(needed new plugs two days after I brought the car, and the wipers fell off the car first time I used them, and some other bugs, but after I took the car to My garage and got things fixed the car has been great). I already own a 1998 Park Avenue and a 1999 Buick Century, so my driveway looks like a used car lot, but they all run great, and I would handily recommend a Buick for comfort, reliability, good gas mileage and an engine that never breaks down.

I have always bought Buicks

by car shopping from W. Va. | February 28, 2012

Was hard to find the right one close to home. Seemed to be more in the north east but you all had a great selection. I located my o3 only 200 miles away drives great. Wanted an 05 but they were too far away. Would use this way of finding a car again. Thanks

GREAT CAR, Very comfy and VERY SMOOTH RIDE!

by Park Avenue Driver from | October 22, 2010

This car rides awesome and is very roomy for passengers! I have had no problems with the vehicle. It does very well on gas mileage as well. I have gotten as good as 30 mpg on the hwy. Usually averaged 24 in mixed mileage driving. Very safe and reliable car!

Great Car

by T.R. from Gulfport | December 17, 2009

This is a nice clean car to buy. I love the drive and how it handles. I had my mind on something other than this one.

Great Car!

by sewnice2b from Las Vegas, NV | April 6, 2009

I just purchased a 1998 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. I am in love with this car! I test drove a Grand Marquis but found this had better value and more features. I was skeptical with the dealer who offered me to test drive this baby, but once inside I was sold. I got leather seats, sunroof, 8 speaker sound system with duel CD/Cassette and the ultra comes with all the bells and whistles you expect in a luxury vehical. I am glad my nissan was stolen because I would have never thought to replace my car with a Park Avenue Ultra. It is a keeper and I am sold on the V-6 engine with the power to pass up traffic and that it was recently compared to that of a Jag. My only complaint is that I don't have enough time to take it on a road trip. It loves the highway and so quiet you'll only hear your Mozart instead of road noise. It's like having the comforts of home in one nice package.

Need more products like this.

by Quality Analyst /Command Pilot from Roseville, CA | April 20, 2007

Styling admired by all, even the young. Comfort & handling make all trips enjoyable. No major problems after 30,000 miles except right front brake pad replacement. Map storage pockets on the back of front seates are difficult to use. 94 Buick pockets were much more useable . Overall we are very happy & receive many compliments on such a nice car.

Featured Services for this Buick Park Avenue