2004 Buick Rainier

15–16 city / 21 hwy

Overall

Good Car

by Buick Fan from Indianapolis, IN | June 8, 2011

I bought my Rainier used and have had it for four years, it is my best car I have ever had. I have mainly just done regular oil changes, and of course brake changes yearly, I have not had any problems with the engine or transmission, but I need work done for all the gages, my speedomator and gas gage don't work, and I need a fuse for the emision control system replaced, but these have been broken for quite sometime and I have found I can do without them, they would be expensive to fix. It is a gas hog though, but very nice to drive.

2004 Buick Rainier

by SUV Man from Detroit | February 15, 2011

The Buick Rainier is the quintessential luxury SUV: Full frame, air suspension, AWD and V-8 power! Love the AWD vs. 4WD, full frame toughness and towing capacity.

LOVE this vehicle!

by Pepski00 from Vernon, CT | January 23, 2011

I upgraded to this SUV from a Jaguar X-type. The Rainier has all the luxury features my Jag had and much more! I am truly impressed with the quality and comfort of the interior. The power seats are great and give me the height I need to see over the front hood (I'm only 5'2" so this is a problem with most vehicles). My Buick has the upgraded V-8 engine, which is very powerful and fast. Overall, it's been great in the snow. The only downside is that it does not get good gas mileage; but that's to be expected when driving an SUV. I can't say enough great things about the luxury, quality and performance of this vehicle. I would highly recommend!

Rainier

by Seebs from | May 7, 2009

Excellent article and believe both the subject and Seeberg were excellent! The Rainier was Buick's first full-frame SUV and with it's strong styling and extensive list of standard and available features, represented the Buick division and segment very well.

Great SUV

by fisherman from Chicago Il | February 17, 2009

I bought mine used.It had very few miles on it.I needed something to carry my 4 kids and wife plus pull my 18 ft. bass boat.This has done the job without any problem. I have put over 100k on it and outside of regular maintenance brakes tires oil changes ect, I have had no issues. It has a V8 that is quite responsive and pulled my boat like it wasn't even behind my SUV.My hat come off to Buick for creating such a wonderful vechicle. Now I know why my dad drove nothing but.

Nice SUV!!!!!!

by Dave from Chambersburg, PA | October 17, 2008

I really like this Buick ! It is very well built ,and don,t be fooled by its nice looks it is tough and the AWD is a good feature and works too,not like other SUV. Good buy for the first time SUV buyer.

Rainier not a winner

by Listened to a cars salesman from Az. | January 15, 2008

I leased a 2004 and was sorry after a period. Initially, it is impressive, but the shortfalls are apparant with everyday use. The vehicle has had expensive repairs not covered by the warranty falling in the"maintenance" category. Living in a hot climate the AC system is severly lacking. I believe for the money it was way overpriced and is expensive to maintain and uses lots of gas. Would not recommend to others to purchase.

ranier

by Terry from NY | July 23, 2006

Very pleased with purchase. Premium features made the car very desirable. It is very comfortable, looks great,and handles well. Out performed my Explorer. Interior design was clean and easy to operate. For used vehicle I was impressed with the its near new quality.

Buick's first SUV hits it out of the park!!!

by Buick Woman from Chesapeake, VA | June 20, 2006

Buick's first SUV is a perfect contender for other mid-size SUVs. The 4.2L inline 6 delivers awesome power. The exterior styling is extraordinary. But the interior, it's nothing more than the Trailblazer interior with some fancy plastics. All and all I'm very satisfied. After 2 and 1/2 years, myself, my husband and 17yr old son have racked up over 55,000 miles. Kudos Buick!

Buicks first SUV hits it out of the park!!!

by Buick Woman from Suffolk, VA | June 18, 2006

The Buick Rainier is the perfect contender against other mid-size SUVs. The Rendezvous was a good Crossover to hold us over until the real man stepped up. The power in this truck is awesome. 275hp even out of a inline 6 is completely out of this world. A 290hp V8 is also offered but I think the 6 does the job. I think the interior could have been done over. It's basically the Trailblazer with some fancy plastics. All and all I'm very satisfied. I've had the truck for 2 years and between myself, my husband and 17yr old son we've racked up over 45,000 miles. And everyday the truck handles the same as it did the first time off the lot.

Featured Services for this Buick Rainier