1996 Buick Regal

Available in 12 styles:  Regal Custom 2dr Coupe shown
$319–$5,123

20 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Can't go wrong with a Buick

by Rem from Gladwin, MI | September 14, 2011

First of all I have to say this has been the best car I have ever owned and still own. Got my 94 Buick Regal Custom at 130,000 miles in 2005. Since then I have driven the car everywhere. Daily driving to work and back, transporting the family, and anything else needed. Just rolled past 300,000 miles on the original motor and trans. The 3800 V-6 is an amazing motor. Have been putting on at least 100 miles daily the past 8 months, and still is getting at least 27 mpg hwy(Got over 30 mpg when it was younger). Starts right up in 0 degree weather. The performance is amazing too. It can really go if you put the pedal down. Have taken it from MI to FL and back with 6 people (Comfortably) and a trunk full of luggage and averaged 26.5 mpg. Aside from general maintenance, nothing major have ever gone wrong with it, and I drive it HARD. If taken care of it will last for nearly ever. I plan on taking my car past 400,000 if my car and wife permit. All-in-all, best car I ever still owned.

My First Car

by MissTBaxter from Newark, OH | April 8, 2010

I bought this car from a guy that I work with. The inside of the car was disgusting, but that was not the car's fault! haha. I love the car so far. I have only had it for about a week, but I am very satisfied with how it performs! It rides really nice and it gets me where I need to go. It has 196,000 miles on it and it is still in really good shape! I love this car and I would recommend it to anyone!

a blast to drive

by my trusty buick from indianapolis, IN | February 26, 2010

got the 96 regal GS with the 3800 series 2 V6 motor. owned since 2002 at 87K. It is awesome! 160K miles on original motor/tranny and still going strong. 4 speed transmission is pretty good. car shifts very quickly from a stop and on the fly. handles great and rides smoothly even over bumps. Fit and finish of car is mediocre. The body is rusted underneath and will probably rot before motor dies. Plastic interior is starting to fall apart and leather stitching is coming apart on seats but then car is 14yo. Biggest downside to car has been body. Power antenna is bad design and breaks easily in cold weather. Had to repaint car and fix door handles. my advice to others would be to find a clean example of this car w/o rust that has been kept in the garage. Might be hard to do. I plan to keep mine for 200K maybe more. this would make a very cheap 1st car and if it's been well maintained you won't have to do much aside from tires/brakes and oil changes over time. Good luck!

Best first and last car

by joe19634 from Macomb, MI | April 21, 2009

great car not real slow it keeps going and can take a beating great first car. lot of space in it too carry things it can have a hitch put on it a nd tow about 1000 lbs not mutch but it is enough to tow a small trailer and lawnmower. it is a comfertable and smoth ride can take the turns mutch faster than other cars. to sum it all up it is great!

Great car that just keeps on going

by Woman Driver from St.Louis, MO | February 20, 2008

I bought this car new in 1996 and 12 years later I still own it! Love the look, love the drive-the only complaint I have is the lack of lateral support in the drivers seat. I am new car "browsing'", but this one will be hard to replace!

Good car for a new driver

by robv from ny rochester | September 26, 2006

This car runs great and it has almost 140000 m on it i will say that brakes are costly but over all keep colent chagend and oil and trany fluid you will never have a problem with this car

Featured Services for this Buick Regal