1999 Buick Regal

See Photos & Videos

Overall

This Car Keeps on Going

by Kevin from San Francisco Bay Area | June 29, 2014

I purchased this car new 15 years ago from Signer Buick in Newpark Ca. I never owned a Buick before and thought I would try a Regal GS since I thought they looked great. Well, I've never kept a car 15 years but this one with almost 200K on the odometer keeps on going. Other than brakes, a tune up, fluid changes, and an alternator the car is all original. I'll certainly buy another Buick!

Buick at its best

by Alan from | September 22, 2010

I liked the style and looks of the car. Buick has been my favoraite since a long time so i would really go for it if looking for reliability and looks at one go.

Comfy and quick!

by Seth from Charleston, SC | July 14, 2010

Not what you would expect out of a Buick. This car isn't a Corvette by any means, but it surprises a lot of people. If you want to have a car that runs great and is still comfortable then the Regal GS is a great value. The Regal GS comes with a 3.8L supercharged engine and all the features you expect from a luxury car company. It is quiet and provides a comfortable feel, but when you need or want the throttle it supplies plenty of it.

Great Car for Money

by College Student from NJ | October 28, 2009

This car is surprisingly stylish and has a lot of pep. I drove it to 105k with little problems. The comfort is terrific, especially with leather. The electronics were ok, although I find the stereo doesn't go loud enough. I hated the hub caps it came with. I wish I held onto it for a little bit longer. Two complaints: It was TERRIBLE on gas. It had a tiny tank, which meant frequent stops at the gas station, but I think it even got worse then the 17 MPG city claimed. Also, I believe it had drum brakes and not surprisingly they were spongy. I got into a handful of fender benders with me and the person after me which I do blame on the brakes. Overall, the car is very underrated and I would pick it up if your looking for a starter car.

Great Value

by RoadRunner from Minneapolis, MN | January 5, 2009

I purchased a 99 Buick Regal 3 years ago. It has only required oil changes and gas in this time besides normal wear items such as tires and windshield wipers. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Worst Car I have Ever Owned

by Burnt in Shelby from Shelby, NC | February 23, 2007

Car was bought used in 2000 with 16000 miles on it from a GM dealer. The car was nothing but a problem after the warranty ran out at 36000 miles. I replaced a solenoid in the transmission at appox 45000 miles. I had to replace the rack and pinion steering at 68000 miles and the fuel pump failed at 73000 miles. The rear power window regulator failed at 110,000 and was going to cost 328 dollars to replace (that was with me doing it my self). The headlights were nearly opaque when i traded the car at 116,000 miles. The car has some great features but the reliability was really bad.

SUPER CAR

by RELIABILITY AND ECONOMY MINDED from SC | February 2, 2007

"Most Reliable Car I've Owned" THIS CAR HAS PERFORMED PERFECTLY. BEST ECONOMY FOR THE SIZE AUTO AND HORSEPOWER. 146000 K MILES AND NEVER NEEDED A TUNE UP, STILL RUNNING LIKE NEW. ORIGINAL 4 WHEEL DISK BRAKES CHANGED AT 131000 K MILES. COMFORT AND HANDLING ARE EXCELLENT. RUNNING ON SECOND SET OF TIRES NOW.

Featured Services for this Buick Regal