2001 Buick Regal

Available in 4 styles:  2001 Buick Regal 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Not reliable after 100 thousand

by FTC_guides from Lineville Al | October 20, 2013

We have purchased more than one of these vehicles over the years, this model is subject to recalls that effect the engine, this is from actual owner experience, while some may feel that they can delete these reviews, just know that we are monitoring to see if actual negative reviews are being posted by your organization. Check for transmission issues, cooling issues, head gasket leaks, by having a pressure test done prior to purchase, this vehicle is not for those owners that do not check the oil on a regular basis, it requires a lot of TLC.

Stay Away, very unreliable after 80,000 miles

by Reality Check from Alabama USA | October 19, 2013

I own one of these models, this vehicle was poorly designed, with multiple recalls, the Transmission in this model was the same one they used in the non performance engine, (no supercharging) What this means is that you will buy a new transmission after 80 thousand to 140 thousand, Bank on that. If you buy this supercharged vehicle make sure you add in the price for a new Transmission or a Re-built Transmission, simply because they did not account for the additional torque and power that the supercharged engine would require. That is an engineering mistake that will cost you money if you buy this car. The engine itself has flaws in the cooling and intake system so plan on having to replace the UIM and the LIM (upper intake manifold gasket set) LIM lower intake Manifold gasket set. So the drive train on this car is very UN-reliable. BEware of dealers that tell you this car was driven by granny on sunday mornings only.

Love these cars!

by regal fanatic from indiana | July 4, 2012

Ive had about 6 of these cars (RIP) and loved every single one. My current one is getteing some performance mods that maintain fuel mileage if not reduce it just a little. comfort is amazing with these cars. my buddy asked me why i bought another one, i told him because he kept falling asleep in the passenger seat. Ive never had any major problems with the cars, wear and tear items and a turn signal switch so far were the extent for all of the ones ive had. Great Cars!!

Tremendous Value

by American Buyer from Grand Junction, CO | April 5, 2009

I bought my car used in 2004 with 49K miles on it. In now has 110K. I have had very little trouble with the car - just the usual stuff. Battery, a power steering hose, etc. It's not a dinky little cracker-box car and is very comfortable, nicely appointed and gets between 30-33 mpg on the highway! At first I thought I was wrong about the mileage but one day while filling up I commented on the nice older Caddy the guy next to me was driving. After chatting for a minute he asked me if I got 30 or so mpg. from my Regal. When and when I told him I did he said his wife had one and got the same mileage I did. I've liked this one so much that I'm keeping an eye out for another one with less miles on it. If I find the right one I'll buy it without hesitation.

One of my favorites

by Ckon from Chicago | September 25, 2008

I currently own a 2001 Buick Regal and I fell in love with it the first time I drove it from the city of Chicago's rush hour to the calm street of Chicago's south suburbs. It rides very very comfortable and the handling is great. I plan on keeping this car for a LONG LONG time. I would def. recommend it to anyone!

Featured Services for this Buick Regal