2002 Buick Rendezvous

Available in 3 styles:  2002 Buick Rendezvous 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Loved this car!

by Ashley from Jackson, MI | June 6, 2013

Being a very picky individual who didn't want to spend a ton on a used SUV, I looked around for a long time before deciding what I wanted. Ultimately, I landed on the Buick Rendezvous due to good experiences with Buicks lasting a long time and the size seemed perfect for my needs. I really wanted a 3rd row, but not a huge vehicle to go along with it since I didn't need the extra seats on a daily basis. The dealership went to the auctions specifically looking for an AWD Rendezvous with a third row and a bench in the middle. They came back with the 2002 CXL model with 80,000 miles which also had a moonroof and heated leather seats. I almost didn't buy it due to the seats, I never liked leather before and was worried about my dogs damaging them. I am so happy that I did. The back was plenty large enough for my dogs to be comfortable and never need to be on the seats, keeping my interior much cleaner. The storage space was great and it was very comfortable to drive which was very important to me as I have back issues and drive a lot. I now feel the need to have a sunroof and heated seats in every vehicle, they were wonderful! The vehicle itself had quite a few miles on it and I did purchase an extended warranty but I never needed to use it. It handled great in the snow without being too big or bulky and met all of my needs perfectly. There were no issues with the engine the entire time that I had it, just regular servicing. I had the brakes and rotars replaced once, but only with an appropriate amount of wear on them. I do believe that the rear wheel bearing were replaced by the dealership before I bought it. I was told that they commonly went out between 70,000 and 90,000 miles so they just went ahead and did that for me. I never had any issues with them and I put another 65,000 miles on it. Unfortunately, this vehicle was totaled in an accident about a year and a half ago. Initially, I tried to find another one but when I couldn't get one "exactly" the same I decided to downsize to get better gas mileage. It didn't take long before I realized how much I missed my Rendezvous and I have started looking for another one again. I have also looked around at other SUVs since the Rendezvous are all older now, but nothing makes me quite as satisfied and I'm likely going to go with an older model Rendezvous instead of a SUV that is currently available.

WONDERFUL CAR!

by Love to Drive from California & Missouri | December 12, 2012

Car has been driven 197,000 miles. I expect to drive this car to 300,000 miles. I had no repairs,(only maintanence) until it had gone 144,000 miles. I have only spent around $4,000. in repairs since then. The car is solid, paint is great, interior is holding up. It drives like a new car and has never had a breakdown, nor has it ever failed to start. It is a winner.

Comfortable but Mechanical Disaster

by GKB from Long Valley, NJ | June 8, 2012

Comfortable car, but thank you for the after market warranty. The warranty cost about $2000. They spent about $10,000 to rebuild it! (Wheel bearings, AC, AWD trans, fuel pump, etc,, etc). The car now has 172,000 miles on it and is still very comfortable to drive. However, it has been a money pit from about 72,000 miles on. Average cost about $250 per month to own it and that is just maintenance, not gas and insurance. It has been rebuilt, except for the engine. Wheel bearings have been replaced two times on each wheel! My mechanic said the bearings are undersized for this weight vehicle. Buick took a comfortable car and made it a mechanical disaster. Very reluctant to buy an Enclave now.

perfect

by auburn man from birmingham alabama | January 26, 2011

i have owned my rendezvous for 8 years, the best vehicle i have ever bought for the money. drives so smooth, not to meantion roomy for a small suv. i would recomend this vehicle to anyone.

2002 Buick Rendezvous

by Al from Lakewood, CO | December 8, 2010

this is a very good car. The power and pickup is not too satisfying and the mileage is in the 18-20 mpg. However, it is a comfortable car with all the bells and whistles. If they had added a turbo in this car, it would just knock your socks off. The size is good for a person that likes company and wants to haul large loads inside.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!!!!

by Old Guy from Des Moines,IA | October 19, 2010

I own a Rendezvous and am looking for a second one for my wife. We have never owned a better vehicle and couldn't be happier! I bought my 2002 with 78,000 miles and now have 211,000 without any problems. I ahve a CXL with all the comforts including heated seats, heads-up display and a sunroof. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

115k - great car with one exception

by wendy from Maryland | October 4, 2010

I bought this 2002 in 2005 for 22k, it had 6k miles on it. Bought from Carmax and bought warranty - glad for that when the engine went at 90k - cost me nothing but I still think unacceptable for 90K. The car runs like new with no other major repairs and I am happy with it but apparently the 2002 had engine troubles so buyer beware!

stay away

by me from Virginia | October 3, 2010

It's very comfortable. We got the extended warranty when we bought a used model and it was the best money I've ever spent. The odometer quit working, the seat track blew, head gasket, something else was leaking, the air conditioner expired and I don't even remember what else. All of this in the 2.5 years we owned it.

Great and Reliable

by Judy Rudy from Detroit, MI | September 9, 2010

THIS CAR WAS NOT IN MY TOP BRANDS EVEN OF CARS BUT I LOVE IT. IT JUST SOMETHING ABOUT A BUICK THAT RUNS EXCELLENT THAT JUST KEEPS ME IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR.

Fooled by luxury, comfort & good looks!

by Disenchanted from Ferndale, WA | May 19, 2010

I fell for the "automatic everything" leather, seat warmer, and it was a handsome vehicle. BUT look inside and it is a money funnel. We have put more money into this vehicle than it's value! Differential is going out, when the alternator failed we lost all power on the road. No steering, brakes or ability to unlock doors to evacuate. Luckily there was just enough power to put a window down enough we could put a key in the outside lock to get out. I would never buy another Buick if my life depended on it because I can't depend on the vehicle for my life!

Featured Services for this Buick Rendezvous