2004 Buick Rendezvous

2004 Buick Rendezvous

Available in 5 styles:  2004 Buick Rendezvous FWD shown

Overall

Excellent car and very sporty

by Rendezvous Lover from Little Rock, AR | November 29, 2012

I have owned this car for almost a year and I love all of the features it has. It is very roomy like a mini van but sporty like a true SUV. They are not very expensive SUV's but they look very expensive and I wish they still made them I would purchase another one when this one is gone (which will be a long time from now!!) I have 153,000 miles on mine (I bought it used) and it still drives like a new one. And handles curves and rain very well for an SUV. I average about 23 - 24 miles to the gallon whether in the city or on the highway and I'm no light foot..... I would recommend this vehicle to anyone young or old. When I see another Rendezvous on the road, I just smile and wave because I know they are enjoying theirs as much as I am mine. It is very dependable and very user friendly whether you are on an adventure by yourself or you are hauling around family or friends, it is comfortable.

Brakes+wheel bearings

by Sam from Maine | September 19, 2012

You will be getting a fruit cake at Christmas from your mechanic because he will love you...We have had too many problems with what Buick once considered a luxury vehicle..my dealer calls them raunch a vous

OK so far

by Average driver from Milwaukee, wi | August 5, 2011

Excellent ride...and so far have not spent much except for brakes and tires, with mileage 63,000 miles. Bought it at l3,000 miles when it was a year old. Handles well in snow. It seems to have enough pep for me. Hope it lasts another 10 years.

Get friendly with your transmission shop

by seabass from Wisconsin | February 5, 2011

Comfortable car to drive, excellent visibility out of the vehicle. Underpowered. First transmission started having issues at 70k and was replaced under extended warranty. NEW transmission lasted only 50k miles. Shop indicated this is a common malady on the 2004. Also had a number of other minor issues, like the headlight design which makes it nearly impossible to change lamps without breaking a mount, the finicky and twice-serviced tailgate latch, and a dead window motor. I would never recommend this vehicle for anyone, nor consider another GM product. Way too many problems for a vehicle with only 120,000 on it. Most modern vehicles should be hitting 200k without major repairs, much less repeated ones.

Most reliable SUV I've owned so far.

by Silver Streak from Valdosta, GA. | October 14, 2010

Very reliable. Never in the shop for problems. Had almost 60,000 miles on it when I traded and only had to buy a battery and one set of tires during the 6 years.

Best SUV

by aman from Phoenix, AZ | January 23, 2009

I have owned 2 of these SUVs. They are very quiet. They handle great. They have tons of features. Great buy.

Loved it and it took care of me in a roll over !!!

by Dkay from Goldsboro, NC | December 16, 2008

I rolled my 2004 a couple weeks ago. I was hanging upside down by my seatbelt when it was all said and done. Could not open my doors but hit the hatch release on the key fob and it popped right open for me to crawl on the roof to freedom. Other than a little seatbelt bruising there are no injuries even with the car totaled. The rescue people were amazed. It held up well and kept me safe. I loved the car the whole time I had it, 2 years. I've driven many cars while shopping for it's replacement and I am thinking of going with another Rendevous.

Very low cost of ownership, great reliability!

by Happy car owner from Bryn Mawr, PA | July 1, 2008

I have 105,00 miles so far on mine and love this car. No maintenance problems at all, decent gas mileage for an SUV, good handling in snow and seats 7 people.

disappointed gas milieage and repairs

by 90 miles a day commuter from Akron, Ohio | March 17, 2008

I bought my '04 Rendevous Ultra with 47Kmiles. The best I can do is 18.5 mpg highway. Very disappointed. At 54K I had to replace the left wheel bearing and then 57k the right wheel bearing. I love the comfort but sadly it doesn't outweigh the low mileage and repairs.

Looking for SUV definitely try this one

by Designated Driver from Milwaukee, WI | September 5, 2007

For an SUV the price on these are incredible, I got mine 3 weeks ago and still look for excuses to drive it. Very smooth, 3.4L engine more then enough for getting up and going and thats being light on the peddle in emergency I can get going fast. Lots of room especially with rear seat out and with rear seats down. Had a full size PC chair with head rest in back standing upright with a little room to spare other day along with 4 - 8 foot boards all fit in vehicle without an issue. The controls are easy to figure out and if not the manual is HUGE it will tell ya everything. Built in stereo rather nice along with control pretty easy to figure out. Can't say on repairs as have not had for long enough but so far I have immensely enjoyed it. I recommend a test drive at the least you'll be surprised.

Featured Services for this Buick Rendezvous