2005 Buick Rendezvous

Available in 6 styles:  2005 Buick Rendezvous FWD shown

Overall

2005 buick rendezvous

by Joyce from Gray Ga. | August 17, 2014

I bought my 2005 rendezvous new. It was great for a couple of years. In the first year I had the head liner replaced twice it was cut too short both times. When the car was 4 1/2 years old the paint started fading like it didn't have a clear coat on it. I have seen this on other's as well. I have had the entire car painted. Two of the handles in ceiling have been replaced, the latch on the cargo door has been repaired twice and it's not working now,I had to recover the front seats 3 years ago. I had to replace the front wheel bearings 3 times and replaced the power steering pump, rebuilt the transmission 4 months ago. I have 150,000 miles this car and now I have a blown head gasket. The question now is do I pay $2400. to have it fixed or junk it. The real shame in all is that I love the size of the car, it's perfect. All of the newer ones are too small or too big, this size is perfect. I wish they would start making the rendezvous again however I do wish they would make it a quality vehicle this time around. I will be getting a different vehicle very soon probably a ford explorer. A little bigger than I want, I will miss my rendezvous even with all the trouble I had with it.

2005 Buick Rendezvous Ultra at Morrie's in BP, MN

by car buyer from Brooklyn Center, MN | February 24, 2014

This vehicle is overpriced and needs ~$1500 is safety maintenance repairs. I would not buy this vehicle, nor would I recommend this particular vehicle. DO NOT buy this vehicle, especially at the price listed. The interior is falling apart. The ceiling by the sunroof is falling down, the seek button for the audio system in the back seat is broken, the handle cover on the passenger door is loose, the handle on the hatch is broken, and the reflectors on the driver's side and passenger's side are missing.

Previous Owner Upgrade

by Rick from McKeesport, PA | October 26, 2013

After owning a 2003 Rendezvous CX for 10 years an putting on 140,000 miles, I was looking for a newer vehicle. I test drove just about every similar SUV out there. Hyundai, KIA, Chevy, GMC, Toyota, Dodge, and BMW. I was driving to work one morning in my 10 year old Rendezvous and I thought, "I really love driving this car." My Mind was made up. The new vehicle search then concentrated on just that. I finally found the perfect match. A 2005 Buick Rendezvous Ultra with less than 70,000 miles. From a private seller no less. I was really avoiding a purchase from a private seller, but, it was a perfect match. Understanding that the Rendezvous' poorly built wheel bearing would rear its ugly head. I was fine with that. Worth the problem. As this is probably the best driving, best looking vehicle that I have ever owned. It's just too bad that they stopped making them in 2007. I would buy another one in a minute.

2005 Rendezvous - Not cool

by Margaritaville from Milton, GA | January 31, 2013

I've not been impressed witht he Rendezvous. The engine is weak and the transmission weaker. Even with the 3.6L engine, the vehicle had trouble maintaining speed while on hills and struggled to keep up when it is below 20 degrees F. The interior had the creature comforts that you would expect in a $32,000 vehicle. But, overall, this vehicle is a losing proposition when you add in maintenance and repairs. A disappointment that I would not repeat anytime soon.

Stay away

by bob from MAINE | September 2, 2012

wheel bearings and brake problems abound only 55000 miles. The thing shakes down the road. I would stay away

Like New SUV

by Reliable Buick from DC, MD, VA area | August 23, 2011

This SUV was exactly what I wanted and what I could afford. Like new inside and out, well taken care of by previous owners as indicated by the Carfax report. Found it online in my area. It was too good to be true and had to buy it upon first viewing. Drives smooth and handles well. Had three of the five requirements I wanted in an SUV. Four Captains Seats, navigation, and moon roof. The Ultra that won my approval.

BEST CAR THAT I HAVE OWNED

by SUV_LUVR from Fairfield County, CT | July 21, 2011

I just traded my 2001 Dodge Durango for an excellent car; I bought a 2005 AWD Buick Rendezvous. I am extremely happy with every aspect of this car. The MPG is great and I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a smaller suv/crossover with a 3rd row seat. Love it!

Buick Rendezvous Ultra

by The Finn from Green Bay, WI | December 22, 2010

Nice 2005 Buick Rendezvous Ultra with 54,000 mi. Like new. So far, a very nice car. My wife loves it. Incredible amount of room inside. Has the 3.6L V-6 that comes in the SRX, so lots of power, just a little lag time with acceleration. The styling grows on you. Inside it is all luxury. Buicks are generally purchased by people who take care of their cars, which was something we looked for. Too bad they stopped making these. There are lots around in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and now I know why!

would not recommend

by unhappy from las vegas, nv | August 8, 2009

I would not recommend this vehicle. I am the original owner and originally liked the 3rd row seat but when the 3rd row seat is in use there is virtually no storage. I have had problems with the back sea air vents, rear door handle, belts, brakes and now the engine.

Great on slippery roads

by Bryan from Basin Wyoming | January 2, 2008

We bought this Rendezvous used with 27000 miles on it. It now has 60000 miles and has been totally trouble free. It is the AWD model and you can't beat it on the snow and ice. Smooth ride and handles well. Fuel mileage is about 25 highway and 16 city.

Featured Services for this Buick Rendezvous