2006 Buick Rendezvous

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Buick Rendezvous FWD shown

Overall

Very Safe!

by Dana618 from Southern Illinois | September 17, 2014

I owned my Rendezvous for almost 2 years and had very little issues with it at all! I drive 100 miles a day roundtrip for work and never felt the worry of being stranded on the road. We bought it and it had 80k on it and the wheel bearings went out and my husband was able to replace it very easily. Yesterday, having 144k on it, I was in a head on collision (not my fault!) doing 55 mph and totaled it out... the air bag on the steering wheel deployed and apparently there are air bags in the sides of the seats that come out by the door for side impact. That one also deployed. I walked away with bruises from the seat belt and a sprained wrist... the other woman in the little sports car had to be transported by ambulance for treatment. I couldn't believe how well this car held up and feel like driving this SUV possibly saved my life! I am going to miss this car so bad :(

Love this car!

by RDV fan from Mound, MN | July 25, 2014

Just traded in my 2004 RDV at a whopping 250,000 miles and running strong. Found a nice used 2006 RDV and it is has a lot of additional features. Wish they hadn't stopped manufacturing this car!

Best cars we have ever owned!!!

by RDV LOVR from Bloomington, IN | September 29, 2013

First we bought a 2002 RDV AWD CXL which our son still has. Then a 2004 CXL which I just traded for an 2007 CXL while I could still get one. Then a 2006 CXL for my wife which she drives every day. We LUV these cars and will drive them as long as we can find good used ones, probably as long as we live. Ours all have three seats, heated leather front seats, backup assist, and most of the other options. This car is just very comfortable, convenient and fun to drive. I will never understand why Buick quit making them.

Luxurious and practical

by Diehard van owner from SE Michigan | May 10, 2013

I thought only another minivan would give me the seating and cargo-carrying potential I wanted. The Rendezvous is a pleasant surprise. I can easily take out the rear, middle, and front passenger seats to haul long pieces of lumber - more safely than with a full-size pickup. The rest of the time, I cruise in comfort and luxury. Still too early to tell about reliability, but I've heard nothing but good reviews from friends who've owned one. The seats are deep and wide, but a tad hard. Love the ride. Why did they stop making them? Get one while you can.

All Wheel Drive

by Buz from Northeast, Ohio | December 10, 2012

I've been buying G.M. cars for forty years and this all wheel drive vehicle was terrible. 61,000 miles on it and putting 2,500 dollars in it, traded it off and took a loss. Buick was made in Mexico and G.M. workers say buy American.

Very happy with my "new" car

by NoCalGal from Coos Bay, OR | November 14, 2011

Candy [my car's name] is very comfortable at both city and freeway speeds. She gets ±18 mpg city and ±20 freeway. There are a few bells and whistles she doesn't have that I would like [such as automatic temperature control, cruise control and radio controls on steering wheel] but that's not her fault. Overall love her, especially the all-wheel-drive.

One of the nicest cars I have ever owned

by oKFOZ from Flint MI | May 11, 2011

I bought a Rendezvous for my wife, and she is more than delighted. I considered several models when I started looking. I wanted a Minivan type of vehicle, but I did not want the sliding doors as all of the sliding door vehicles I have owned previously seemed to be problematic. When I did my research I figured out exactly what I wanted, I landed on a CXL+ If you are looking for a Rendezvous, some years have a CXL as the top model, in 2004 and 5 for sure there was an Ultra as the top option, and starting in 2006 & 7 The CXL+ replaced the Ultra. Note that there was a CXL (without the +) option as well that is not as well equipped... Her Rendezvous has everything ,from Heads up display, heated seats, 6 disc CD, and moonroof... Originally I wanted one with AWD, ultimately opted not to go with the AWD option, although I think it would have been nice in the winter, I would have lost 2Mpg and , I have read that the system can be problematic. I did about of weeks searching and found one about 2 hours from me on Cars.com and I went to look at it. I looked at other Rendezvous and I knew this was the one when I saw it in person... Overall it is a super nice car... If I had to pick something that I am disappointed in is the fact that it does not get great gas mileage, it is ok to good for an SUV, but like everything with new governmental environmental mandates newer cars do not to be as efficient as they were around 2000... Another thing is the 3rd row seat, when in the up position, there is almost no room behind it... Our seat is almost always folded down position, which is fine since we are a Family of 4, I wanted the extra row because my wife often takes our kids and their friends places for Boy scouts and Girl scouts... Now if I could only convince my kids not to dirty it up with their muddy shoes I would be all set.

Convenient to enter/leave

by Handicapped "Senior" (old!!!) from Nashville TN | December 20, 2010

Never had this type of vehicle before (small suv) but have enjoyed the convenience of this one and recommend to anyone.

We love this car!!!

by LuvR'Vous from North Dakota | October 26, 2009

We have a 2006 Rendezvous CXL and we love it! We've had other cars over the years, but we really love this car...The Rendezvous is a terrific car. It's very comfortable to drive and is also reliable. We took this car on a 5000 mile trip this summer, and it was a dream to travel in. The AWD feature is also great to have during the snow and ice that we get in the winter where we live. This is the first AWD car we've had, and it's wonderful to have. I just can't say enough about the Rendezvous! Buick made a mistake by discontinuing this model car. Best car we've ever had!!

Really nice car most reliable I've owned

by sam from Cincinnati, ohio | May 26, 2009

Just a really great vehicle. I average around 21-25 mpg depending on town and highway driving. Combined 21 hgw at 70 mph around 24. I like the comfort and pretty much everything. Rear hatch would be better if mechanized.

Featured Services for this Buick Rendezvous