1990 Buick Skylark

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Reliable Vehicle

by Hotshotat3rdbase from San Diego CA | October 28, 2009

Had a "88 with a V-6 which had lots of get up and go. The interior space was comfortable until we needed to add a second car seat and with our teenage daughter. Kids are grown and now the younger ones need a car. so here we go again.

Cameron Case

by Mechanic from Wellington, Kansas | May 18, 2006

My name is Cameron Case, and I bought my first car, a 1990 Buick Skylark 2.5L 4-Tech engine with minimal features. I must say that I needed a car, and the looks of this one didn't exactly top my list. But, I took it for a test drive, and to my surprise it had some get up and go. Compared to my parents 1998 Dodge Caravan, this thing had some power. I bought this car in the spring of 2006, and since then have loved it. When I took it home, I gave it a thorough run through. It got well over 90 mph with no mechanical problems. I did notice that the headbolts were very spaced apart, which in turn means it could blow a head gasket pretty easy if you get it too hot. Also, the O2 sensors have been known to fail, causing the check engine light to come on, but it's a cheap and easy fix. Surprisingly, after 16 years of use, the engine was in almost perfect condition. The interior. Boy this thing has a lot of options. My car on the other hand has power windows, and thats about it. Th front is extremely spacious, however, you pay for that in the back seat. The seats are quite comfortable, but I wouldn't want to take a 5 hour trip in them. Most of the new cars brakes are a bit touchy though, as like mine. I would suggest you check the brakes and bleed them a little before driving in the rain. The gas mileage is fanastic! I got about 22 mpg in town and about 30 mpg on the highway. My average tank of gas got about 26 mpg, and with high gas prices, this car is a easy on the wallet too.

Featured Services for this Buick Skylark