2005 Buick Terraza

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very nice car

by silesian from Big Stone Gap, VA | February 7, 2013

I am very pleased with this buick - you've got a sense of a modest luxury, nice suspension, very quiet inside and still a good mileage. In my case - 22 gallons combined driving.

Great Buy for the money

by Charlie from Port Huron Michigan | July 31, 2012

I bought this wagon at 77485 miles for $7500. What a steal. It was in pristine condition. It has all the toys including things I have no use for because I don't have kids. It is spacious and gives me all the room I need for a sound system and an Upright String Bass.

First Van and Love it

by putrwiz from Zion, IL | June 1, 2012

Purchased the car new in 2005 with all the toys. Have made multiple trips to North Carolina and average 26mpg during the trips, even in the mountains. Currently have over 124000 miles on it and have done all the scheduled maintenance. Maybe that is why some poor reviews. No major issues except had to rebuild transmission at 115000. That's not bad in my book. Original tires lasted 60000 miles and have only had to resurface rotors once and have replaced pads twice. Poor reviews on these parts may also be dur to driving habits. I love the van and was upset when Buick quit making it as I would have purchased another. Will hang on tho this one as long as it is functional.

vanfamily

by buickgirl from new york, ny | January 19, 2011

I love this so far....I'm just wondering does everyone have the same issue with having to wait to shift out of park? I have to wait like 3 minutes and I absolutely hate waiting....please let me know...that's the only thing I don't like...

lovemyvan!

by van lover 4 life from Tampa, Florida | October 15, 2009

This van is the most amazing van I have owned, and I've owned four. I have owned a dodge and 2 fords, and this van is the most luxurious and most comfortable in comparison.

Buick Terraza

by Buick LOVER from Florida | October 8, 2009

Love my Terraza. Bought this car when it had 10,000 miles on it. It has been an amazing family vehicle. Kids have their DVD player and the dual sliding duals are awesome. I am just sad they stopped making them, I'd buy another in a heart beat!

I'm a Buick owner for life now!

by JJ from Northern Minn | September 3, 2008

Am I the only one to have not realized the luxury and accessories galore in a Buick?! Take your average mini-van and give it the Buick treatment and you've got a Terraza. Talk about the most comfy, quiet, bells & whistles van a guy could ask for! From the remote starter, to wireless headphones for the kids, and back-up sensors, chrome accents, On-star, satellite radio, heated seats, leather, programmable unlock & locking sequences for lights & radio, to separate driver/passenger temp zones, side impact airbags, alarm system, traction control, and it just looks good compared to the Chrysler & Honda & Toyota 'boxes' that are out there. I tell ya, I've put a 1,000 miles on in the last week and it's been a pleasure. This is the 23rd vehicle I've owned in my lifetime since I'm a self-admitted car-head that can't resist keeping 2-3 cars in my little fleet at all times, the Terraza has made me a Buick lover. I can't say enough praise for it. I'd only wished GM hadn't dropped making these. Buying a 3-year old Terraza for less than half the price of what it was new and even with minimal miles on it, I feel I've gotten a steal of a deal. Don't think twice if you find a clean used Terraza for sale, it'll make you feel pampered after driving other mini-vans!

My worst purchase ever

by Ed from houghton lake, Michigan | July 2, 2008

The number of failures are to numerous to list, however we replaced the brakes three times rotors twice. When the power sliding door failed to open the service department left us with the impression we did not know how to operate the door. Each visit to the service was pain. When I tried to trade the van in they would not give me a reasonable price. I don't believe they wanted lemon. We finally I found a buyer and sold it well below the blue book average. WE love our new chrysler town and country touring.

Sorry to have purchased the Buick

by Minivan from Southeast Iowa | April 7, 2008

We purchased our 05 Terraza new - and were stranded in the first week after purchase. After driving a rental car for over a month, an engine was located and installed to replace the original engine. We talked many times to Buick and the dealership about taking the van back since it didn't work from the beginning but neither stood behind their product. However, this was merely the beginning of the MANY trips back to the dealer... brakes, tie rods, electronics, sliding doors, heat seaters (started burning the seat), CD/DVD and the list goes on of parts that have not worked or needed replacement prematurely. Sometimes the problems were not just headaches but were also hazards. I am looking forward to getting rid of this vehicle. It is definitely a source of much frustration.

Buick fails us all

by Larry from Illinois | February 18, 2008

As a first and last time Buick buyer, I loved the van for the 1st 6 months. I have 45,000 miles and had a fuel sensing problem, I have had to replace the tires at 30,000, have had the brakes turned and then brake pads replaced twice. My wife saw Tiger Woods by it in the ad, now I wish he had my Buick. Am currently looking to replace, just not with a GM product.

Featured Services for this Buick Terraza