2006 Buick Terraza

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Buick Terraza FWD Extended Passenger Van shown

Overall

Afterthoughtengineering

by Engineer from Wagram NC. | November 20, 2012

Terraza seems to have been designed from the "Outside in" Rear seats can't lay flat-Headrest interference Takes a rocket surgeon to change a turn signal bulb. A great many owners are having various turn signal problems: intermittently reliable, Dim bulbs on one T/S light. Sliding cup holder-Try to put a lid on a coffee in holder and the cup holder collapses spilling coffee and burning user. Impossible to read instrument panel in sunlight. Steering makes popping sound when turning wheel. Loud intermittent roaring sound under hood, drivers side. Wind noise in passenger compartment.

Awesome Van in every way

by Florida Family from Jacksonville, FL | July 27, 2011

This van is truly a luxury version that surpasses all of the other vans out there, including all of the other GM brand vans, uplander, relay, montana, silhouette, etc. It is truly luxurious, gets good gas, and has some serious power. Never had any negative issues with it.

NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

by Gina from Melbourne, FL | July 12, 2010

I have owned my 2006 Buick Terraza for 4 years now. I feel in love with this van from the time I first test drove it at the dealership. It had all the features I wanted plus more. Unfortunately, as time went by, the front grille panel cracked. It was replaced. The back seat latch malfunctioned. It was repaired. The drivers side floor foam mldg split. It was replaced. The side sliding door foam mldg peeled off. It was replaced. The starter-when I would turn on the engine, the starter would make a continuing running sound. The dealership could not duplicate this. Was never fixed, it is a hit or miss with this problem, at times it continues to do it. The battery went dead!!! A new one was put in. Now, the van is living at the Service Dept, because of ongoing problems with the Automatic Side Sliding doors. Once the doors malfunction, the chime goes off continuously, even while driving. Very Annoying.. This is a nightmare, I cannot take this van on long trips.. I am afraid to put my baby on the seat. The van is sitting at the dealership, right at this moment that I am writing this complaint. SEVENTH TIME! The dealership has attempted to fix it SIX times.. Nothing, the doors continue to close and open again. They do not stay closed. I have written to GM about this problem. The dealership is doing what they can about this problem. I have spoken to other Terraza owners, they also had the same problem. My problem seems to be the worst. I know I purchased a lemon. So, sad, because I really loved this van. I cannot say that the problem is fixed, I don't believe it will ever be fixed, because not even Buick can actually find the root of the problem... so I am doing my best as a Consumer, to get something done about this problem, I am still paying for this vehicle...which is not worth the money I paid for at all!! These vans are no longer being manufactured after 2006---if you plan on buying a used one. Test the side sliding doors first... or in my opinion, just look for another model vehicle.

worst car ever

by dont buy this car from North East | April 28, 2010

Less than 40K miles ....busted hub bearing (which was a result of a factory defect) Rear stbilizer bar was installed through the spring.... Power steering fluid leaking endlessly. DVD player and audio/radio system were terrible. Constant check engine light for the gas cap. Power door sensors go off at random. .......horror show.

Luxurious Van

by John H. from Rockville, MD | April 6, 2010

I have 2006 CXL, and I love this Crossover, it's fully loaded with all the features you can think of, I don't think Foreign manufacturers can even think of those features. Lots of cargo room, kids love the DVD and wireless headsets.

Worst car and worse dealer service

by chevy from Port St. Lucie | October 23, 2009

During initial warrenty the vehicle was repeatedly in the repair shop. Understanding this may happen, unfortunaltey the service provided by the dealership was just as bad.

Chevy Platform, Caddy features

by Bass Man from Central Texas | June 24, 2008

3 rd generation mini van, Builds on the GM front wheel drive begining with Olds Silelette, Chevy Venture and now Uplander / Montana/ Relay and Terraza. Terraza takes all creature comforts forward a notch for a mini van. Terraza is the only GM van with the special suspension at the rear for a smooth and stable ride. Ok power and acceleration, very quiet and car like driving and handling. Expect a few bugs, as this Van has a lot of bells and whistles. But the Motor, Transmission and Brakes are very reliable.

It's the "Cadillac" of Mini Vans

by Brenda from New Jersey | November 2, 2007

This is the best mini van(#5) I have owned--this replacing an Olds Silhouette. It rides just as nice as our Mercedes E320, hauls alot of cargo (good for moving kids to college), not to mention all the great features like On Star, keyless remote start and XM radio. The only draw back is that its greater curb weight contributes to less gas mileage. We drove this car 3000 miles is a week on vacation, and had NO problems. Too bad GM is not producing it after '07. Sticker price much less than foreign models we looked at.

HIGH QUALITY COMFORT FOR A GOOD PRICE

by One busy MOM from North Richland HIlls.TX | August 9, 2007

Our Terraza was loaded top to bottom. My favorite feature was the rear back-up lights and alarm. I have two children and have lived in areas with hills where backing up is a circus act. My everyday uses that I love are the remote sliding doors(great for the kids and groceries), rear venting windows, air compressor ( I have used this several times to inflate my own tires ), and seat warmers ( how nice in the winter when its 20 outside) remote start, and drivers seat memory. Ok, here are the cons I have found after a year: I have had problems with the remotes not working and you have to send it in and have them replaced (do this before the warrenty runs out they are expensive), The AC stops running really cold after about a year and the dealer ship says its fine (still works great just takes a mile or two), The AC vents for the rear are a bit small and are placed all wrong in my opinion ( they still do the job but they could be better) and the cup holders are to big for some cups and to small for others ( but they do remove to wash in the dishwasher which is great, love that). We love our Terraza and actually since we were recenlty in a accedent and it is now being totaled we are looking to buy another. We have traveled across the U.S. in it with two kids and three animals .....in comfort. I mark it as a great buy.

Would not buy another one

by KTA from Iowa | July 6, 2006

The ride of this van was not what the dealer told us it would be. Took on 450 mile trip after we got it. Had to stop every 1 - 1 1/2 hours as back started to hurt even after adjusting seat. Needs to have lumbar support in seats. Ride was bumpy. Gas mileage was only 21 - 22 MPG on hiway. Cruise control in bad place, should be in steering wheel like the cars. Should have a power sliding door on passenger side as standard equipment.

Featured Services for this Buick Terraza