Find Your 2014 Toyota Highlander in Three Easy Steps
Enter your ZIP code below. Browse vehicles in your area. Email the seller. It's that Easy!
We have thousands of 2014 Toyota Highlander vehicles
2014 Toyota Highlander shown
2014 Toyota Highlander Summary
MPG City: 18 - 20 ; Highway: 24 - 25
The 2014 Toyota Highlander is all-new for 2014 with increased seating capacity and cargo room plus an all new exterior and interior. The front- or all-wheel-drive midsize SUV has room for up to eight occupants and is powered by a standard four-cylinder engine, optional V-6 and hybrid V-6 powertrain. The Highlander competes with the Chevrolet Traverse, Mazda CX-9 and Ford Explorer.
New for 2014
A dramatic restyling inside and out is supplemented with more interior and cargo room. Maximum seating capacity grows to eight occupants from the previous seven, and there's 34 percent more cargo room behind the third row. Toyota is taking a more upscale approach to the interior with additional soft-touch and premium materials.
ExteriorThe Highlander's exterior is longer, lower and wider for 2014 with a prominent upright grille. Toyota lowered the roofline to improve aerodynamics and also made improvements to front and rear visibility. High-strength steel in the front pillars increases rigidity and repositioning of those pillars increased forward visibility, according to Toyota. The rear quarter glass size has also increased for improved rearward visibility. Exterior features include:
- Lower roofline
- Increased visibility
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Available 19-inch wheels
- Available power liftgate
- Available automatic high beams
InteriorThe 2014's interior grows in size without the exterior taking up much more space than 2013. The third row has room for one more passenger compared to 2013, now up to three with an additional 4.3 inches of width in the third row. The second row's bench seat can fit three, and there are available captain's chairs for two passengers. The second row folds forward with a one-touch sliding function with 3 additional inches of travel compared to 2013 for easier access to the third row.
All Highlanders feature an improved interior with measures taken to quiet wind and road noise as well as a soft-touch instrument panel and available premium materials with leather upholstery and contrast stitching. Cargo room is up 34 percent behind the third row for additional storage with all seats in the upright position. Interior features include:
- Standard 6.1-inch touch-screen
- Available 8-inch touch-screen
- Available panoramic moonroof
- Available second-row sunshades
- Available smart key
- Available driver's seat memory
- Available heated and ventilated front seats
- Available heated second-row captain's seats
- Available heated steering wheel
- Available rear-seat entertainment system
Under the Hood
The Highlander has a standard four-cylinder and available six-cylinder engine. Toyota aimed to make the 2014 Highlander a more dynamic driving experience with redesigned suspension and electric power steering systems. New springs and shocks are intended to enhance the handling characteristics. Base Highlanders are front-wheel drive, and available all-wheel-drive models split torque 100 percent to the front until acceleration or wheel slip sends a maximum 50 percent of torque to the rear wheels. Mechanical features include:
- Front- or all-wheel drive
- Standard 2.7-liter four-cylinder
- Available 3.5-liter V-6
- New six-speed automatic transmission with V-6
- 5,000-pound towing capacity with V-6
SafetyStandard safety features include:
- Eight standard airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Standard backup camera
- Available rear parking sensors
- Available blind spot monitoring
- Available lane departure warning
- Available rear cross-traffic alert
- Available collision warning
- Visited by more than 10 million car shoppers each month, Cars.com is the leading destination for online car shoppers.
- Search confidently for a 2014 Toyota Highlander near you and discover how easy it is to find the perfect car at the perfect price.
- At Cars.com, confidence comes standard.