1997 Cadillac Catera

1997 Cadillac Catera
Available in 1 styles:  Catera 4dr Sedan shown

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

I LOVED THIS LITTLE CAR!!!

by Lisa from Chicago | September 7, 2011

Throw a set of Blizzaks on one of these Catera's and watch it go. Bought a 98 in 99 new and drove it forever. Averaged 22 mpg, drove through some awful snow storms and sold it 8 years later. Maybe not the fastest german sedan available, but literally a well made car with nice features.

worst car ive owned

by specter from brooklyn oh | March 15, 2011

Ive had my share of garbage cars but this one takes the cake. Do not buy this vehicle. I bought it used with 107k miles. third day i after i bought it ignition pin breaks also notice coolant is slowly leaking somewhere internally. at around 115k miles transmission range sensor goes bad. horn goes off by itself for 30 sec before fuse blows on it. interior lights come on once a month. break lights routinely go on and off. foglights do not work. battery shorts out. hud display goes dead period!-no speedometer, gas meter nothing, but car still runs lol. horribly designed vehicle i would like to meet whoever designed the wiring in this vehicle.....(must be the same person who designed the head gasket) vehicle sold for 200$ after failing in a horrible snowstorm on my way to work one morning. do yourself a big favor do not get this vehicle.

I loved my Catera

by Miss my car from Texas | February 26, 2010

I got my Catera used and loved every minute I spent in it. I loved the way it would squat down when I put it in gear. The car probably saved my life in a situation when I exited too fast in a rainstorm, any other car would have hydroplaned off the road, my Catera just hung on like a tiger. It handled like a sports car. I took it in because I could smell anti-freeze and it turned out the cooling system that surrounds the engine had a leak. I traded it in and have regretted it ever since. I should have just put a little coolant in it once and awhile. I miss my car on a daily basis. The BOSE stereo, the quiet cabin, etc. I would buy another one if I could find a well kept one.

My first Car

by Brando-Mania from Costa Mesa, CA | April 29, 2008

this is my first car and it has been very nice driving it. It has great comfort and performance and with certain modifications to the engine (ex. K&N replacement filter) it really performs quite well.

Poor Decision

by E-Maddy from Akron, Oh | April 7, 2008

I bought this car from someone and I should've left it with him. I felt this was a bad decision on my part. But you win some and you lose some. I will take this as a lost and move on to the next car.

QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP

by Skylar from New York, NY | October 10, 2007

the car is a good car, its great on gas, and its comfortable. You only have to maintain it very well. a car is like a person, if you treat it right, the car will treat you right.

first LEMON I every owned

by na from Eulid OH | January 31, 2007

A lemon,I wish someone would have told me before I got mine.Now everyone I know who has had one is just happy they were able to dump it.Dealer will sell them for a high price but will not give you any trade value because they know the car is a LEMON.BEWARE,BEWARE,BEWARE!!!!!

Featured Services for this Cadillac Catera