See Also: 2012 Cadillac CTS

2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Available in 3 styles:  2012 Cadillac CTS-V 4dr Sedan shown

14 city / 19 hwy

Overall

Very nice car for the money

by sooieeehog from Dallas TX | September 5, 2014

Love this car. I was facing buying a new ATS or a 2012 CTS in the same basic price range (though the ATS would have actually been considerably more). I got a lot of car for the money. This thing is quiet, smooth, and powerful. Handles very well, has a tight build, and the bells and whistles are nicely done, not overwhelming. Has a very quiet and smooth demeanor until the engine is called upon to do something dramatic, then it growls loudly and appropriately. Only quibble - storage space. Small glove box, small side pockets, small center console. Oddly shaped trunk (golf bag has to go in diagonally). But that's minor compared with all the pluses of this car.

cts wagon

by blackberryhater from san antonio , tx | January 28, 2014

good car purchased a certified use car from cavender cadilliac here in town really good purchase and very happy with the car

Like the car even with programming problems

by Sharp Looking Car Enthusiast from Plymouth, Mn | November 23, 2013

Cannot get garage door opener programmed. Was told opener in garage was too old for technology in car. Front seat retracts farther than is comfortable, Have to stretch to reach the brake to start car. Was told it was pre-set at factory and cannot be changed. AM radio is static-ee. Have never had a similar problem in all the cars I have owned. .

NEVER BUY THIS CAR!!!

by Regina from CT | November 23, 2013

I love the look of this car and unfortunately, this was the strongest reason I went with the CTS 4 2012. I am so disappointed with this car. When I test drove it, of course it smelled new, was new, and was exciting to own a new car. Once I had it a few days I realized how bad a choice I made. There is NO power in this 3.6L. The engine knocks and I was told " this is how these cars sound". REALLY?? Very poor gas mileage as well. and it is very small and poor visibilty out back window. Mainly it is very cheaply made!! Yes, it wears the Cadillac name but that is what it is resting on. The leather on the dashboard peeled away like paper, the seats squeek with every little bump, horrible wind noise.. I can go on and on... looking to get rid of this car!! Worse purchase of my life!!!

Put it in SPORT MODE--or walk!

by Speedster from boston MA | July 22, 2013

Reference is to the CTS Coupe premium package, AT, AWD.. First, Cadillac has succeeded in providing the smooth mush-matic xmission that reverts atavistically to Caddies of yore. Really wimpy--until you put it in SPORT MODE. Then your speed and gas pedal-pushing train the Caddie to shift gears (without a clutch) for a throaty, neck-snapping 'Cadi-vette' experience. Whoo hooh! Yeh! THAT"S what I paidf for! So even the non-V's are impressive performers. My wife has an A6 (Audi) and I can tell you the Cadi-vette beats it hands down. The cockpit is wrap around and experiential, but if you are over 6-2 in height you may feel a bit sardined. Back seat for tall people is not even an option. They will have to genuflect to get head clearance in the seat. Minor quibbles: 1) the center console is stupid silver- painted plastic. Get your tootsie over to a website and buy a decent dash-trim kit. Otherwise you have a premium car with a Yugo like eyesore at the shift; 2) Master the external key on the fob and figure out how to open the trunk with the key, and then manually open the doors from the trunk toggle. Its the same system as a Corvette, BTW; 3) There is a major back/side blind spot you will have to train yourself to accomodate in parallel parking. And looking out the back window thru the RV mirror is both dimmer and somewhat fuzzy from what you might expect. In backing up the camera does a great job, but you will be using ALL3 mirrors when driving this car. Those who complain about the trunk haven't told you that the back seat totally go down, so I have easily put 8 by 3 foot panels in this car. There is plenty of room in the trunk. Just lower the back seats Overall the Cadi-vette is an exciting ride, unmatched by foreign offerings at twice the price. A proud American vehicle!

Almost as sexy as some Jaguars

by BigThickCatDaddy from Big Rapids, MI | June 18, 2013

I'm a European automobile fan and have owned several of them exclusively over the years. This Cadillac is my first domestic car in a long time. I am extremely impressed. I have read that the ride is harsh, not true, very supple ride. I've read the seats at hard, not so, very comfortable. I must agree that the visability out the rear is pretty bad, but with the backup camera, all is good. You have to make some extra effort in changing lanes because of the large c-pillars, but that's just good driving. So far I love this car. Traded in a Mercedes E550 4matic, and this Caddy stacks up really well. Not as much power as the Mercedes but just a comfy and a lot more stylish. I would recommend all you European car guys and gals give Cadillac a try.

Fast AWD Wagon

by Big Perfect from Chattanooga, TN | April 7, 2013

I bought this 2012 AWD Performance CTS Wagon as a GM executive fleet vehicle with 5900 miles. The car is fast and very sticky with the sport suspension. I particularly like the 6-speed transmission that works in automatic mode in both the drive and sport settings. Car is too quiet to drive in the manual mode, can't hear the engine revs. The power lift gate works great and operates quickly up and down. A little tight for four sets of golf clubs and two people in the back. Great for my wife and I. The 3.6L engine is strong with great acceleration. Averaging ~23 MPG, need to keep my foot off the mat.

Great Sport Wagon

by Old Car Guy from Columbus,OH | February 11, 2013

On our first road trip and the car is a great cruiser. Comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Very pleased with the purchase. I love the styling!

I love the Cadillac CTS Coupe

by DJ from Los Angeles, CA | January 16, 2013

I always loved the look of this car, but now that I own a CTS Coupe, I love everything about the car. It has great power, especially once it gets passed 2nd gear. It's extremely smooth. The only negative thing I can say about the car is there is limited storage space. The glove compartments are small, but liveable.

Not your grandparents luxury sedan

by BATMAN from UTAH | December 22, 2012

When I think of Cadillac I think of luxury vehicles for elderly people. Cadillac changed my perspective with the CTS model. I love the sharp design, the powerful 310hp yet fuel efficient V6, the five star crash rating and the luxury you expect from Cadillac.