1997 Cadillac DeVille

17.4 city / 25.9 hwy

Overall

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours

by Beverly from Newport Beach, California | October 16, 2013

Purchased in 2013 at the age of sweet 16. Concours is the performance model having 300 HP. Big in the right places. Like a strong and amazing woman, this car exudes sexy! The exterior is elegant, streamline and dripping with chrome accents everywhere. Fit and finish are exceptional. The doors close quietly and secure with a woosh like a jet aircraft. The Concourse has great ground clearance for a modern automobile. Opening passenger doors near high curbs is surprisingly successful where many other cars fail. The interior is also impressive. Visibility is panoramic. The 32 valve 4.6 L Northstar V8 smoothly sings baritone on ignition, with a technicolor flash of a dozen or more diodes checking on and off while all systems go. Instrumentation is analog, easy to read and there's an on board computer which selects programs easily with the touch of a button. Miles or Km per hour has its own control button. The four speed automatic shifts so smooth, you can hardly feel it. Fuel economy is superb for a car this size. Rated 16 City 26 Highway 20 Combined MPG is still accurate. Steep hills and hard acceleration make for lower MPG but the car remains steady in places where most other cars struggle. This car has air suspension which tend to make it teeter-totter over dips, bumps or sudden drops crossing bridges on the highway. But it also has intelligent traction control which tightens while turning tight corners.

Kept me safe

by Caddie lover from | September 10, 2013

This car is an awesome car. I recently got into an accident, big diesel truck hit me and kept me completely safe. The car was totaled and I wish I could have it back. I definitely recommend this car because it is both reliable and safe.

Wonderful car

by Toronado from Fredericksburg VA | January 31, 2013

Bought Concours with 85000 miles, now has 180000. Wonderful power, stereo, quiet, comfort. Love the automatic climate control, rain sensing wipers, heated seats. Decent gas mileage (20 running errands, 28 on hwy). Hate the automatic rear view mirror and tiny outside rear view mirrors. My wife says the styling is too much of an old geezer car, but I enjoy the "sleeper" image. Starting to have issues now, but it has been pretty reliable but difficult to do most repairs.

first car, awesome car

by BC Caddy man from Bland, Virginia | November 2, 2012

This car is great, my parents bought this car a few years ago to replace our original family car. A couple of months after I got my license, they gave me the car after they got a '96 Cadillac Deville. We have had no trouble out of these vehicles, and they run great!

mick's cars

by mick from Dent,mn. | August 7, 2011

the very best car i have ever owned and I have owned 27 cars personally.have 3 cadillac's now.one a clasic 1976 eldorado convertible,love it,also have had a 1955 crown victoria,purchased i 1956,was also a good car,traded it in 1959 for a top of the line Ford galaxie 500,used only 2 years,traded for a buick,fords were alway good,but wanted to try something different.

Reliable

by Caddy Lover from Daytona Florida | December 19, 2010

This is a real good car. My first caddy and found out that it is very common for oil leaks which cost $3500 to fix. Check for oil leak before you buy 1997-01 devilles

great car

by fatngs from south jersey | April 12, 2009

If you told me one year ago that I'd be driving a 97 Cadillac Deville, I would have said you're insane. But here i am a proud owner. I got the deal of the year on my concours model and i love it. At first i wasn't crazy about my caddy because quite simply it's a "grandpa" car; thats all i see driving them around here anyways. Even the owners video shows only "senior" people as owners. But, being a teen with little money anything was a step up from my old busted up minivan. I must say the quality of this car is right on par. Also i'm very glad that i got the concours model. It has 25 more HP, a floor shifter, exterior upgrades, and anolog gauges instead of the stupid digital ones. Anyways the interior is made with quality materials. Theres 8 ways to change the seats, 4 way lumbar, and tilting headrests. I love the heated seats. The powertrain is awesome!!! The engine is very powerful, yet civilized and the tranny is right where you want it. I love being able to pull up to stoplights and suprising people how quick my caddy is. Although my car only has an AM/FM cassette, the sound quality is perfect. The acoustics are right and the bass will rumble you. However there are a few things i dont like so much. The turning circle is as big as a bus; also you can't see where the back of the car is, so parking is a pain. That is quite wierd because the caddy has a shorter wheelbase than my van did but it turns alot wider. The only other complaint that i have with the car quite simply is the fuel consumption. I'm lucky if i can average 18 MPG. The other killer is that i REQUIRES premium fuel. Aside from those bad things i still like my car. It rides like you're floating on air. Although the car is over 12 years old it still looks and runs great.

Saved my life

by caddy fan for life from Minneapolis,mn | February 15, 2009

2 caddy family, we was in my wifes 97 Deville with 123,000 still ran like a new car when a person in a 1-ton Dodge pick up t-boned us in the drivers side doors, all air bags went off, we wound up in the ditch 75 feet from impact the driver was going 50 mph, we walked away with only scratches from glass, his head light was sitting on my lap. along with grill parts, very scary but I never broke anything and the Paramedics was called as a precaution they said 99% dont make a t-bone crash with a large pick up, even the sheriff said your caddy saved your life, Yes we still drive the Caddy's and love them great Northstar power, Very safe and extremely relaible

Not Your Daddy's Caddy

by Pops from Nottingham, Pennsylvania | August 10, 2007

This is an all around great car. It still looks stylish despite being almost 11 years old. This car rides like a dream. It is easy to go over the speed limit without noticing it! My car is also very quick. It surprises many people because they expect a Cadillac to be heavy and slow. The interior has a good design, with fan and radio controls on the steering wheel. You know it makes a statement when my grandchildren like to take it to the prom and school dances! That's why it's not your Daddy's Caddy!

Love this car!

by Concours Lover from Irving, TX | October 10, 2006

What a great car this is. We just "put her down" with 225,000 miles and she still rode like she was new. Any lux car that will go that far gets my vote! If you can find one get it.

Featured Services for this Cadillac DeVille