1999 Cadillac DeVille

1999 Cadillac DeVille
Available in 3 styles:  Deville 4dr Sedan Base shown

17 city / 26 hwy

Overall

This car is reliable to a point.

by Long time Large car owner! from Vancvouver, WA | April 28, 2014

GM has had a problem with the Northstar engine from the start! In fact Barsleak makes a product that is especially formulated for Northstar engines (It states so on the label) because the aluminum engine easily overheats when the coolant level drops and is unattended immediately thus causing potential head gasket problems, possibly a cracked block. I have owned nine Cadillac's over my lifetime from a 1949 Sedanette in 1952 to the 3 Devilles, one 1988 Deville, and 2 1999 Deville Concours that I own today. The Deville Concurs has many of the Cadillac Eldorado features, bucket seats, shifter on the console, rack and pinion steering, and higher horsepower engine. Excellent gas mileage for a large car.

Stay far far away from cads

by Caddy is a Baddy from Oregon | March 17, 2014

Have owned vehicle for 4 years now and has been nothing but a nightmare everything everyone says will go wrong does- latest is at 112k fuel pump goes out and of course that is inside tank and is major item to fix. 2nd caddy I have owned and never again-I guess these were built for old people in Arizona that can trade them in on a new one at 20 thousand miles as that is when things start going wrong- GM should be embarrassed but still finds suckers to buy this car- should have dis continued the cad brand years ago like the olds time to go!!!!!

Very nice and comfortable car

by CADDYESE from Clv nm | January 19, 2014

I'm 19 and this is my third Cadillac I have 2 2003 models and a1999 model very nice stylish and classy car wouldn't trade it for Benz,Lexus. They do cost a lot to repair but hey it's a Cadillac it's not a honda.

Deville at 98,000

by My first Cad from Central Valley, CA | August 12, 2013

This is the best riding car I have ever had. I bought it before having back surgery. Unfortunately it has the common oil leak between the bottom and top half that the dealer and an independent said would cost $3300 to fix. Both said just add oil and buy a drip pan to keep your garage floor clean. Dealer said they have seen many that leak, but only fixed one. I smell burning oil after driving for 10+ miles. I switched back to conventional high mileage oil and it helped a little.

Expensive Repairs

by Midway from Pittsburgh | July 28, 2012

Overheating and head gasket failure are a common problem on the northstar engine, and to repair it the right way will cost $4,000. I dread anything going wrong with this car I know it will cost two or three times the amount to repair than a chevy or ford. On the bright side, they are comfy, strong running machines but the cost of repairs does not justify the luxury. Gonna trade mine in, if the head gasket doesnt go before then!

Best, & most Reliable, car I have ever owned

by Caddy Lover from Dallas, Texas | July 22, 2012

I have had seven cadillacs in 50 years, as well as Lincoln Towncars, Fords, and several other makes of cars. Cadillac has been my overall favorite in every respect, especially comfort and reliability. I will never own another car, other than Cadillac.

NO NORTHSTARS!!!

by THe Cat in the Hat from Port Arthur,Texas | April 4, 2012

This engine has an inordinate amount of head gasket failures.Even the dealerships will not replace them because of engineering problems.They tell you to repace the engine instead.This problem has caused a lot of grief,even to those of us who love Cadillacs.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Biiliards Hotshot from Trenton, ME | December 20, 2011

This has got to be one of the best cars I've ever bought. I love everything about it: very comfortable, beautiful exterior and interior design and styling, awesome performance, great value for the money I spent on it, and extremely reliable. I was totally pleased and very pleasantly surprised how it handled in the rain and snow. I would highly recommend this car to all my friends and family. It handles very smooth both in the city and on the highway, and gets a very decent MPG's for a V-8. So, overall, I am completely satisfied with my Cadillac DeVille and will surely by another Cadillac in a few years. '

Its like driving a leather couch

by Caddy Man from Bayport NY | September 29, 2011

Most Comfortable, smooth vehicle I have ever owned. Little or no road noise, smooth powerful engine, tranny. Fast and not bad on gas considering the size and weight.

best car on the road today

by lenny from SF | March 6, 2011

I'v had many cadillacs and this on is the best so far. It gets 20 mpg in town ,27.6 mpg at 75 mph and 34mpg at 55mph, all with 275 rubber burning hp. Quiet and rides like my living room couch, and it is gorgeous

Featured Services for this Cadillac DeVille