2000 Cadillac DeVille

17 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Best car I have owned

by Cady Lover from Phoenix, Az | March 2, 2014

I have one with 150000 miles, runs well, only replaced front wheel bearings at 140000. No leaks or status lights. Best car I have owned. I suggest that you do WOT (wide open throttle) every few thousand miles to clean out the carbon.

an amazing car!!!!!

by Pretty Kitty from Norman oklahoma | August 5, 2011

beautiful, smooth car, Needed a few things done, which dealer said he would take care of under the heavens in the name of "Allajah" gees!!! has been a total nightmare, 98000 original miles still under warranty, blink, out, ordered another used motor 48 k, power steering leak, air out, super hot, did adjust until part is ordered, in this 115 degree fahrenheit oklahoma weather... Killer!!!! Gees!!!!! Dealer sees consumer, and no acknowledgement non whatso ever....have made all payments in due time on and ahead of time.. had car since 4/14/2011, a mx of probably drive time maybe approx 8 days ... maybe... Remain cool " we are".....

Great set of wheels!

by GrammaJoJo from Washington State | June 29, 2011

I have owned this Caddy for more than 8 years. Bought it at auction with 94,000 miles on it, and have enjoyed driving it all over the western United States, in searing heat over 115 degrees, and in the freezing cold at ten degrees below zero. Garaged outside these past four years. Currently has 205,000 miles on it. This car starts EVERY time, no matter the weather! All systems still work, one window regulator (left rear) is starting to get fussy. Yes, it does seem to burn through some oil, but the power on the open road and the excellent gas mileage on long trips (26+ MPG) makes it worthwhile. I am downright RELIGIOUS about oil changes, fluids, and tire pressure, all of which have contributed to its longevity. The leather interior has held up very well, with no tears or cracks, but the dashboard has curled up from the heat. Love the humongous trunk space, leg room in the rear seat, and all-around spaciousness of the car. I feel I really got my money's worth, since I got a great price at the auction, but I would not spend the money on a brand new one. They just depreciate too darn much.

stay away from the northdtar engine...

by cadillac lover from corpus christi,tx | March 1, 2011

this car looks great and drives good and is great on gas but the engine stretches now having 130k in miles im now putting 8 quarts at each oil change and refilling atleast once in between these cars cost alot to maintain its a nice car all around but once the milles get up there the repairs get unimaginable so i would not recomend getting a cadi with a northstar engine

Great car for the money

by Johnny Metal from Xenia Ohio | January 10, 2011

This Cadillac Deville 140,111 was a real steal for the money!I had pick it up at a police auction for 1450.00 dollars and did all the work on the car.I rate this a very fine car even if I had to pay top dollar.Yes, there were thing wrong but this is with miles and age.If you take care of it ,it will take care of you.Don't wait for it to break down, keep oil changed,read your book and keep a record of the things you have done.I keep cars a long time.They cost to much now days.The things that I have done with my Cadillac Deville was replace two window regulators (front left & rear left) new water pump and belt, plugs,boots,starts,new pads front and rear,front rotors.I don't see where it use oil just replace your front oil seal and you should be good to go.That what I did and stop my oil leak.When it come to oil I use Mobile 1 which I have been using forever and will be using for many days to come.My car stay outside all night and starts just fine.I also put a good set of Sumitomo225/60R16 HTR A/S PO1 (H&V) tires from Tire Rack.This sure gave me a killer ride ( I like them tires ) gas mileage is really good.I get 28.5 on the road.I have no problems on road trips.This is just a great car in my books and I have worked on alot of cars,and like I said take care of you car and it will take care of you.Thank you,for you time. Johnny Metal

The second best car I've owned

by Commuter from Columbus, OH | November 24, 2010

Already up to 163,000 miles and I love this car. The window regulators (2 replaced so far) are a pain and $500 a piece. The car does eat a bit of oil and I usually put in an extra 2 quarts in between the oil changes. However, it rides smooth and the DTS has power to spare. New Deville's depreciate quickly and you can get a great car at a great price!

3rd and best Northstar Cadillac

by D.D. from Akron / Canton, Ohio | June 6, 2010

I got this car with 52,000 on it at an auction. It now has 165,000 and going strong. The only things that have had to be serviced or replaced are the back and passanger window regulators. The water pump and starter. Yes it does leak or burn a little oil. Thats not bad for a car with the miles it has on it. This car starts in the coldest of winter ( not in the garage ). Makes trips to Florida with ease and stays cool. I have had three other Northstar Cadillacs. I liked them all. They each had at least 140,000 before I sold them. Holding onto this one until I find a 07 or newer northstar I like. GREAT CAR and engine.

2nd most enjoyable car Ive owned

by 50yr from mileaukee | October 5, 2009

I bought as used program car at 28k. Had a lot of minor repairs at first but covered by 50k warrenty. Everyone loves the confort, style and smooth ride. Now have 120k and repairs have increased lately. 2 window regulators, fr bearing, water pump. But, car had fr and rear collisions in past 2 years. So, all in all, a good car and I have really enjoyed it and stll am. Seems all the Northstars use a lot of oil (mine about a quart every 900 miles.) Using synthetic could prove expensive.No big deal, and sometimes I ignore the "check engine light" and it dissappears. Also using the Caddy dealer service after 50k miles is too expensive for me. Use a local reliable repair shop.

NOT THE CADILLAC I ONCE KNOW

by DEXTER from ORLANDO,FL | March 8, 2009

THIS IS THE WORST MISTAKE CADILLAC DID WHEN IT MADE THE 2000 DEVILLE WITH THIS SOFT MOTOR HEAD CRACK AT THE SIGN OF HEAT WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CADILLAC. I WILL STAY WITH CHEVY WHICH TO ME IS THE BEST GM PRODUCT FOR THE MONEY.

retired navy flustrated racecar driver (wifes comm

by les from tucson, az | November 12, 2008

have 93000 miles. most of the mileage is from coast to coast over most of usa and canada. have yet to break down on a trip. bought new in tucson, az. i have had to replace 3 window regulators. will drive it another 3 or more years unless something drastic happens to it. transmission was pulled at 40000 2 times whie under waranty. could not ask for better comfort. 77 years old

Featured Services for this Cadillac DeVille