2001 Cadillac DeVille

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Car Ever

by Good Mom from Okemos, MI | April 4, 2013

I have had my 2001 DeVille DHS for 13 years, and I have loved every minute owning this car! Prior to this car, I traded my vehicles in every few years. This car is so special that I did not want to part with it. It handles great on curves, hilly terrain, snow, and ice. I feel safe, comfortable, and regal driving my Caddy. There is nothing that beats it.

Love My Cadi

by Avalon from Pennsylvania | March 29, 2012

For the money I paid for this car it's been the best car I ever had. By the way I have had quite a few cars so that's saying a lot.

Cadillac performance

by Cadi Driver from Northern IL | October 25, 2011

I purchased my Cadi in July 2011. It is 10 yrs old but rides like a dream. I got a great deal (under $5000 cash). You can't beat the cadillac ride and I found the gas mileage, 19 city and 26 highway to be refreshing for a car this size and weight. It has all the luxury you expect from a top of the line luxury vehicle. I put new front brakes, rotors & calipers on it and got a couple of worn parts replaced (Tie rod end and a drive belt). The coolant recovery reservoir needs replacement also, it throws up a false message to the dash "Check coolant Level". My next vehicle will most likely be a low mileage certified Caddillac as well.

The land man.

by Paul the land man from sycamore,il | August 16, 2011

I like the car, your get above gas average milage, over 24 MPH on the road,and ride in confort. I am a real estate Farm salesman and I have clients in the car for lond periods of time and they ride in confort.

Great Car

by Highwayman from Boca Raton, Florida | June 28, 2011

I purchased my 2001 Cadillac in September 2001. I do not regret the purchase. Like any car, if you don't do the maintenance you will have problems. I have never had a breakdown. Everything in my car works perfectly. Excluding gasoline, I calculated, my 2001 DeVille cost me $340 per month including the cost of the vehicle.

MOST UNRELIABLE CAR I'VE OWNED

by colorado0956 from Arizona | June 5, 2011

If you've never owned a Cadillac, do not buy one unless you have more money than sense. You'll end up spending a bundle in repairs in just a few short years. I bought an '01 Cadillac DHS w/20K miles on it & put about 30K miles it. In the less than 5 yrs of owning it, I've spent $5700 in major repairs alone, that's $1100/yr in repair costs which is just pathetic for a car that cost so much money. It is the most expensive & unreliable car I've ever owned & I've owned many. GM should be ashamed for making a high dollar car that gives back such poor performance. It really is a piece of junk compared to the Honda & Toyota's I've owned that have given me way over 100K miles of near perfect service. With less than 60K miles on the DHS, I've had to have complete axle work done, new brakes, rotars, & shocks, new hood struts, new transmission w/all 4 motor mounts, new starter, constant engine problems, constant window malfunctions not to mention that it drinks oil. There are numerous other problems but these are the major ones I've had on this car. I'm going back to the foreign made cars which have given me the level of service commensurate with the price I paid unlike GM's Cadillac. And, if you have owned a Cadillac & not had undue repairs expenses, then consider yourself one of the "few" lucky ones!!

classy piece of junk.

by Dave from Kansas City | November 23, 2010

Bought with 72,000 miles. Now has 86,000 miles. replaced front wheel bearings, all tie rods and tie rod ends, sway bar linkage, which broke and that has never happened to me. Fuel gauge does not work. keep a gallon jug of oil in the trunk. You will need it. Will I buy a used Cadillac again? Not without a warranty. If I were to buy a new one, it would be sold the day the factory warranty expires. Gm needs to improve quality. Nothing but high dollar plastic.

2001 caddy

by carbs from mass | January 29, 2010

the caddy deville i have was purchased with 62,240 mi in 2008. the interior i think is just great big comfy seats all heated. driver side dimming mirror. this car is very quiet even with a v8. visability is great . if you are looking for a cruiser and not a race car you can get better mpg than some of the 4 cyl hipo cars. the leather is soft and comes in many colors. good car for the money look for low miles as there are quite a few for low dollars.

Love the car

by 288gto from Dallas | December 6, 2009

I have a 01 Deville and i have had it for several years now. I have over 100,000 miles on it. The fuel milage is supper with a highway milage around 27mpg sometimes it is has high has 29mpg. You wont find many cars that can really go that that are full size. The car is pretty quite and handles pretty well but there is a bit of a float to it, nice to have on the highways. Reliability has been good, the only problems I have had are all the window tracks went bad, $50 to replace. The water pump seal went bad, surprisingly easy to fix. The only real problem is the security feature will not let the car start sometimes, its starting to be a problem and will have to take it in. All in all not bad for a car 8 years old. I did make some changes to the car and put HAWK HPS break pads on and they work much better than factory. I also had to put Goodyear triple treads on because I drive in the rain a lot. I would get another DTS in a second. My family has 3 of them and each year they just get a bit better. The 08 is amazing in its refinement and the electroshocks are amazing if you want performance.

cadillac DHS

by mike5000 from Indiana | November 14, 2009

Great car. Purchased mine with 42,000 miles, one owner. Driver side heated seat went bad. Eliment and install was $100.00 if you buy the eliment youself at the dealership and have a seat cover shop install it. I will buy another one without hesitation.

Featured Services for this Cadillac DeVille