2008 Cadillac DTS

15 city / 22–23 hwy

Overall

My Caddy

by Dr. Dick from Walls, MS | March 4, 2014

I bought this car from Mt. Moriah. Love it. The onbly problem I had with the dealer was there was a $495 Doc Fee

25th caddy

by caddy man from Denver, Co. | March 19, 2013

the very first new car I bought was a 1957 cadillac. Since I can no longer buy a new full size I will keep my 2008 DTS performance. Having turned 23,000 miles yesterday I have only put winter tires on it since I'm in Colorado and do drive it in bad weather also. I wished they would not have quit making both the Eldorado, and now DTS. It looks like my next will be a full size European. I hate the thought of that.

Beware of this dealer! They are out to get you!

by Cadi Man from Green Bay Wisconsin | February 14, 2013

This dealer will screw you and not return phone calls, hang up on you when you tell them how disipointed you are with their service. Not your typical Cadillac Dealer, no class. Too Bad!

Nice and comfortable car

by Luxury and powerful cars from Rochester, NY | December 8, 2012

I had the Cadillac DTS Performance package for two years. I bought the vehicle used but it was in excellent shape with less than 23,000 miles. I enjoyed riding it very much. The intenal comfort is amazing and the sensors and electronic features in the car were the most I ever had. The front seats besides all the possible adjustments also had massage! I used the massage everytime I was driving in the highway. It makes the trip much more confortable because relax the lower back muscles. The engine power was very good for this car and the torque was surprising. I like the Northstar engine for its realiability and performance. I trade the vehicle in Nov 2012 for a brand new Cadillac XTS Premium. I wish I could kept this vehicle as a second car but without the trade-in value I could not affort the new car.

First Time Cadillac Owner

by Caddy Convert from Pueblo West, Colorado | December 6, 2012

I was fortunate enough to find a 'like new' 2008 DTS which had only 25k miles on it. It is in a black cherry color and the paint is flawless. The interior is cream colored leather and carpeting. It has more options than I've been able to thoroughly become familiar with yet, but I'm having fun learning. We've taken a couple of trips in it and it consistently gets 26+ mpg on the highway. I haven't checked it around town at this point. The NorthStar engine is a marvel of smoothness and power. I love everything about this automobile. I wanted a large, roomy sedan, so that's why I held out for a late model DTS

Still Standing as The "Standard of The World"

by Cadillac Loyalist DTS is #38 from San Francisco | December 26, 2011

while having my 2002 STS serviced, I inquired about a new STS, which my mother did not care for. She thought the STS was more a man's car and they had two as usual. The salesman pulled out a 2008 DTS, which is a beautiful car. My mother, not fond of the car purchase process, liked the color and the ride so I worked out a respectable deal in 15 minutes. It ranks up there as one of the best Cadillacs ever! My mother is on her 38th Cadillac and could not be happier with the vehicle. Of course, it is now time for the XTS, which promises to be an even finer automobile. Some more attention to finer detail would not hurt, particularly in materials, fit and finish particularly in the interior, will be greatly appreciated.

DTS

by Chad from Indianapolis | February 22, 2011

You definitely want the performance package. Its a nice car. I wish it had the more modern radio and nav system like the new Buicks. Other than that, it's great.

2nd Caddy

by AJ & K-S from Phoenix, AZ | September 7, 2009

We traded in my wife's 2005 DeVille after 3 1/2 years and 53k miles of ownership. We got a new '08 DTS leftover 8/09. It was bargain-priced with luxII w/ walnut trim; full warranty. Now we've lived with it a week and 700 miles. The '08 is better in some ways (as a new car should be): better handling, more features. Some dumb changes, too: poor placement of the seat heating & a/c controls on the door instead of the armrest; leather is replaced with a cloth in some places. And the lane departure warning beaps bothered me so much I turned that feature off. The exhaust seems to be tuned for a throatier, more noticable sound with more road noise where the '05 was quieter and smoother and the seats were more comfortable. Maybe the road moise is from the 17" Michelin Energy vs the 16" Michelin Synergy tires. It was enough of a difference that my wife wanted to buy back her '05 after only a few days. The DTS is a different (and I think "better") car but it is not the old DeVille. One other thing that may resolve itself after putting some wear and tear on the drivetrain: our '05 was getting >30 MPG in daily highway driving whereas the '08 is doing about 24. I hope Cadillac didn't make any gearing changes in the 4-speed auto.

Superb Luxury Sedan

by Navy Blue from Vienna, Virginia | February 6, 2008

Purchased new in October, 2007. Luxury III package upgrades and Northstar 292 V-8 with XM Radio, OnStar & user friendly GPS Nav system. Amazing acceleration for a large sedan. Excellent handling, tight suspension, super quiet ride, and it corners almost as good as my Corvette. Superb styling with detailed, elegant interior. Luxious, comfortable seating fore and aft with ample leg room. Huge trunk (19 cf). Couldn't be more pleased. A real cream puff.

bought a 2008, power stearing pump went out.

by lee from columbiana, ohio | December 13, 2007

even though the power stearing pump went out when i got it, of which anything could happen within a week, its been great, cadillac service was the best, had a 2006 ford, service was the worse ive seen, would have gone back, but never again after the very poor service i received, from the dealer and ford motor co.

Featured Services for this Cadillac DTS