The DTS, formerly the DeVille, is a front-wheel-drive alternative in Cadillac's luxury sedan lineup. It competes with the Lincoln MKS, Volvo S80 and Chrysler 300C. The DTS can seat five or six.
New for 2009
The 2010 DTS has no significant changes versus the 2009 model.
The DTS' styling is linear and straightforward. It's 207.6 inches long (the roomier DTS-L is 215.6 inches long) and has a wheelbase of 115.6 inches, making it larger and longer than the Lincoln MKS, Volvo S80 and Chrysler 300C. The model's styling is similar to Cadillac's STS sedan.
- Eggcrate grille
- Central wreath-and-crest badging and fresh front-end sheet metal
- Standard xenon headlights
- New exterior colors: Vanilla Latte and Tuscan Bronze ChromaFlair
- 17-inch wheels standard
- Electronic stability system with brake assist standard
- Optional Magnetic Ride Control
- Available 18-inch wheels and sunroof
The DTS can hold five or six occupants, with a choice of front bucket seats or a front bench. Total interior volume measures 132 cubic feet. That's more than the MKS, S80 and 300C. Trunk volume in the DTS is 18.8 cubic feet.
Interior features include:
- Burl wood trim available
- Speed limit adviser with speed alert feature on front driver console
- XM Satellite Radio NavTraffic and OnStar available
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control (three-zone system, with a zone for rear passengers, is optional)
- Optional heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats and heated steering wheel
- Standard Remote Start system
- Optional power folding mirrors, rain-sensing wipers and heated windshield-washer fluid
Under the Hood
The DTS is available with a choice of Northstar 4.6-liter V-8 engines, both mated to a four-speed automatic transmission.
- Base V-8 produces 275 horsepower and 295 pounds-feet of torque
- Optional quicker-revving version makes 292 hp and 288 pounds-feet of torque
The DTS offers two optional safety systems in addition to the usual features.
- Optional lane departure warning system uses a camera between the rearview mirror and windshield to warn drivers when they've strayed from their lane
- Optional blind spot warning system senses when objects are in the driver's blind spot
- Six standard airbags: side-impact, side curtain and dual front
- Standard all-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system with brake assist
- Standard traction control