2002 Lexus SC 430

18 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Great car

by Eldoman from West Covina Ca | May 10, 2014

Great car if you get the. ETC - the difference is night and day the active suspension (road sense) makes a smooth ride. The oil cooler actually keeps the engine temp.cool.Stay away from the ESC (stands for nothing more than the base Eldorado) Have had several Eldorados nice cars! Had a great run '92 thru '02 Don't know if Cadillac will ever bring the Eldorado back if they do, should be a blast. Anyway don't overheat the 4.6 North star engine -never be the same even after repairs.Still driving my '99 ETC just turned 100,000 mi.Running great! Stay cool Cadillac people!

Best of them all!

by Tim from Westhampton Beach, NY | May 2, 2014

I have owned several eldorado's and this 2002 ETC Collectors series is the top of the charts personal luxury car. If you like personal luxury cars and don't have children then this is the car for you. It totally blows away it's lincoln counterpart (Mark VIII, discontinued in 2000), fast, sleek, and in the Aztek Red makes all the heads turn. I picked up this car about a month ago and cant stop grinning. Purchased from the original owner, car was well maintained and garage kept. 90,000 on the clock and purrs like a kitten until you wake it up and holy cow your off and running at the blink of an eye. Very powerful 300 HP V8, really growels when you step on the accelerator. The interior is so comfortable and well made, easy layout of controls for the car, radio, heat, etc... Classic looks (dated by today's standards) if you want to be an individual and not a follower, this is the car for you. I would recommend this car to anyone who has never had a cadillac. Your in for a real treat in a REAL car.

HAVE OWNED ELDOS FOR 30 YEARS

by ELDORADO LOVER from UPPER EAST TN | December 8, 2012

I DRIVE A 94 ELDORADO--I HAVE OWNED ELDORADOS FOR 30 YEARS--THIS ONE IS THE BEST BY FAR--MINE HAD 71000 MI WHEN I BOUGHT IT--NOT A MINUTES BIT OF TROUBLE--DRIVES BETTER THAN MY 07 CADDY-RIDES BETTER-LOOKS BETTER-EASY IN AND OUT--I KNEW THE PREVIOUS OWNER AND KNEW HE BABIED IT-WONT TRADE IT UNLESS I CAN GET A COLLECTOR SERIES

02 ELDORADO COLLECTOR SERIES

by K MAN from Chicago, IL | July 17, 2012

I had waited for years and finally found an awesome 02 ECS with just under 90k miles. I must say it was truely worth the wait & money! After seeing some sell between $15k & $20k. I was fortunate to get one for $13k. I couldn't be happier. I get compliments on it everywhere I go!

Great car/HIGH maintenance

by AGHGRN from Kansas City, MO | December 12, 2011

I love to drive my 2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collectors Series. It drives like a dream and the rumbly V8 means I generally do not have the excellent Bose stereo turned on - the engine sounds that good! Problem is maintenance. I've owned it for 3 months. The car has very close to 100,000 miles. So far I have had to replace the rack and pinion rack due to minor leaking and the front hubs due to wear/looseness at a cost of $1,100. The car still had a slight shimmy through the chassis when I learned the struts were worn out. The ETC has very expensive struts ($2,500 replacement/wheel alignment/tire balance) so I ended up getting an aftermarket "regular" suspension installed for $1,400 - this also saves having to redo the self leveling air system that generally wears out around 100,000 miles at a cost of $1,200 according to the mechanic. Next the check engine/P0410 error and I install a new emissions air pump myself for $100 (mechanic wanted $250 installed - it may have been worth it since it was such a pain to get out). Just this past week the radiator leaked and had to be replaced along with the passenger side CV joint/axle at a cost of $650. So far I'm out another $3,250. The alternator is probably going bad as all the lights (headlight, dash, interior) will occassionally "pulsate" at a potential cost of $400. Hopefully I'll be done with the maintenance for a while and can start enjoying the ride!

This car is great! I just got one and omg....

by marrr from Miami, Fl | February 22, 2011

I feel like a princess. Smooth drive, very fast, love the features on this car, heated seats, everything boss radio system ---feels like ur in a grand theater. Its definatly worth the money:) Best decision I made:)

Pure Pleasure

by Pointyhead from Maryland | November 9, 2010

I searched for and finally found an 02 Collectors Series in MI with low miles (40K). This car is smoother, better looking and way more fun to drive than any $70 car I pass by every day. I know because I've driven several. And for 1/5 the $ - are you kidding me?! The rumble of the specially tuned exhaust just brings a grin to your face - you can't help it. People who appreciate "real cars" check it out and give you a grin and a nod - they know what's up. Wide low stance - a beast - but beautifully turned out. Best car decision I ever made. If you're thinking this would be a good car for you - trust your instincts - go with it - it's a blast.

My best Comuter car

by Obi Won to the Stig from Boston, MA | September 30, 2010

Super smooth and comfortable is expected. The power that you have at your command is not. For me I felt it was a safe reliable daily driver but it could be fun and sporty when asked. The Northstar V8 is super strong, lots of torque, but I averaged 19mpg in the city and highs of 27 or 28 MPG on a long haul. A first class car made for the everyman.

NBICE ALL AROUND CAR

by VCL from MN | September 4, 2010

THIS IS A GREAT CAR EASY RIDE EASY TO GET IN AND OUT OF AND GETS PRETTY GOOD GAS MPG FOR THE HORSE POWER IT HAS. WOULD BUY ANOTHER.

Featured Services for this Lexus SC 430