2013 Cadillac Escalade ESV
Starting MSRP $66,345–$85,670
Cadillac's Escalade ESV offers more room for those who find the Escalade, a full-size SUV, just a bit too small. Its wheelbase is 14 inches longer than the full-size Escalade, and its total length exceeds the standard model by more than 20 inches. Third-row occupants benefit from increased legroom, and cargo capacity behind them nearly triples. With seating for up to eight, the ESV competes with other luxury SUVs such as the Lincoln Navigator L and Lexus LX 570.
As with the regular-wheelbase Escalade, the Escalade ESV gets a full complement of luxury features, including leather seats, plenty of exterior chrome and optional 22-inch wheels. It's available with rear- or all-wheel drive.
New for 2013
There are no significant changes for 2013.
Built on the same platform as the Chevrolet Suburban and GMC Yukon XL, the Escalade ESV stretches more than 20 inches longer than the regular Escalade. Fourteen of those inches go to extending the wheelbase, which allows for larger rear doors unconstrained by wheel wells. Despite the bigger dimensions, curb weight increases by just 260 pounds for rear-wheel-drive models. Exterior features include:
- Jeweled headlights
- Cadillac's now-familiar eggcrate grille
- Rectangular taillights in back
- Eighteen-inch wheels standard
- Available Platinum Edition features LED headlamps and unique 22-inch wheels
- Power liftgate standard
The ESV's extended dimensions don't yield significant gains for first- or second-row occupants, but third-row passengers gain nearly 10 inches of legroom. Cargo volume behind the third row increases from 16.9 cubic feet to 45.8 cubic feet. With the third-row seat removed and the second row folded forward, maximum cargo volume is 137.4 cubic feet — about 28 cubic feet more than the regular Escalade. Interior features include:
- Optional DVD entertainment system includes a second 8-inch screen for third-row passengers
- Standard leather interior, automatic climate control and power-operated front seats
- Standard seating capacity is seven; available second-row bench expands capacity to eight
- Available Platinum Edition features a heated steering wheel, heated and cooled cupholders, a leather-wrapped interior and a DVD entertainment system with two extra screens integrated in the back of the front head restraints
Under the Hood
The Escalade ESV uses the same engine as the regular Escalade: a 6.2-liter V-8 with 403 horsepower and 417 pounds-feet of torque. It works with a six-speed automatic transmission. Cadillac includes standard scheduled oil changes, tire rotations, replacement of engine and cabin air filters and multipoint vehicle inspections for four years or 50,000 miles. Mechanical features include:
- 8,000 pounds (RWD) or 7,700 pounds (AWD) of towing capacity when properly equipped
- Optional Magnetic Ride Control replaces mechanical shock absorbers with electronically controlled shocks that GM says react to the road more quickly
- Available full-time all-wheel drive
Safety features include:
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system with rollover-mitigation technology
- Standard side curtain airbags in all three rows of seats
- Standard front-seat side-impact airbags
- Optional blind spot warning system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Cadillac Escalade ESV
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.