2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT

13 city / 17 hwy

Overall

Caddy EXT

by Big Bad Pick-up from Portland Oregon | April 3, 2014

WOW! What a great truck. If you want horsepower combined with luxury, in a pick-up...Then you will be happy as I am. If you just want a boring pick-up go get a Chevy S10. I love my EXT and most important to me is its dependability. I did research before buying and saw nothing but positive reviews. Now im here to back those up and tell you its everything that others are saying. Awesome awesome truck. The obvious complaint is the 25 gallon tank that I have to fill up. It gets about 12-15MPG on average. Yet your not buying it for fuel economy. Love it!!

2 THUMBS UP

by CADDY EXT from | January 26, 2013

I love my ext. Comfortable, multi-purpose vehicle, gorgeous looks, and lots of power. Dependability is fantastic as these vortec engines and trannys are bulletproof. Mine has the touch screen nav and DVD movie player with every option. Only obvious complaint is the gas mileage. Average 12.2 city and at the very best 15.8 highway. If your buying one of these awesome luxury trucks gas mileage shouldnt be on your main concern. 2 thumbs up to cadillac on the escalade ext! Avalanche im sorry but they strike me as ugly and I like the escalades good looks and luxury features with lots of horsepower! Drive each of these and you will see what im talking about.

CAD EXT

by D B from UTAH | September 27, 2012

HAVE DRIVEN MY 05 EXT SEVERAL YEARS RUNS,HANDLES,DRIVES GREAT THIS MY 8 TH CAD OVER THE YEARS FOR ME THE ONLY CAR

Would do it again

by frontierda from Klamath Falls, OR | April 3, 2012

This car is a better value than I expected. I am totally satisfied except for the navigation system which is not as good as my Garmin.

Love My EXT

by O Jr. from Wilson, NC | August 10, 2011

WOW!!! Was looking at buying a fairly new Chevy Av. but looked at the EXT. and that was it. Fun to drive- HEAD TURNER- wife has the Lin. Navigator- apples and oranges in comparison. Best vehicle I have owned. very reliable, best ride yet. When it is cleaned- compliments all day.Powerful, stylish, comfort, reliability, features- all on the money. LOVE IT!!!!!!

MOST ENJOYABLE VEHICLE I'VE OWNED

by OCALA PETE from OCALA FLORIDA | July 8, 2011

I'VE BEEN A PICKUP MAN AND HAVE OWNED TWO ESCALADE SUV'S WHEN THE EXT CAME OUT I COULD'NT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE I'M 74 YEARS OLD AND HAVE OWNED A LOT OF VEHICLES IN MY LIFETIME. THIS IS THE GREATEST INVENTION AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED

Used 05 EXT; Heck of a Deal!

by Cadillac Jacque from Mid-south | March 8, 2011

Picked up a Certified Used EXT about 5 months ago and logged almost 10k miles in local and highway traffic; just one fine vehicle! Traded in my Avalanche so I was somewhat familiar with the vehicle. I drive quite a bit on the highway; manage 7 states and prefer to drive vs. fly whenever I can. Love the handling, power and comfort of my EXT. Gets around 18 mpg on the highway but, I didn't buy this truck for economy! Love the heated seats, XM Radio and even bought a converter that allows me to plug in my ipod. The look and styling definitely gets attention! My EXT is White Diamond. The factory nav is convenient but, if you've used a Garmin lately, you'll feel the factory unit is a bit dated and cumbersome to use. The combination of 6L V8 and AWD provides a great deal of security for traveling in bad weather; handled ice, sleet, rain and snow with no problems! Best part is that I picked it up certified used with 55K miles for $21K! I don't think you can beat that. If you can find one thats affordable and low miles; I don't believe there's a better vehicle out there!

Excellent performance

by diane from Tehachapi Ca | December 8, 2009

I purchased a used 2005 Escalade. I live in the country with lots of snow and ice.This vehicle performs beyond believe, through snow drifts and ice. I have seen 4 wheel drive that do not perform as well. I will keep this car until it just gives out. When it does I will definately purchase another.

simply the BEST

by bigg trucker from new york | August 28, 2009

This suv is awesome,when you are on the road it drives like a luxury car but you see over everyone because you are so high up it's just amazing! This is by far the best looking pick-up on the road handles and responds to the roads obstacles well.The only negative is the city mileage which is about 9 miles to the gallon.

Why buy an Avalanche?

by Red from Sioux Falls, SD | December 12, 2008

If you are considering buying an Avalanche like I was, it is definately worth looking at the Ext. Not only do you get a larger engine for better towing and performance but you have full time four wheel and get better handling. Not to mention more creature comforts and you dont see a thousand of them a day on the road. I borrowed my brother inlaw's Avalanche for a couple weeks while I was looking at vehicles to make sure thats what I wanted, and I tell you what even if they were equal on every other aspect you can NOT beat the cadillac ride, smooth as silk. If you can't tell I love my Ext and the only thing I would trade it for is a newer one. :) Happy car shopping!

Featured Services for this Cadillac Escalade EXT