2000 Cadillac Seville

17 city / 28 hwy

Overall

excellent ride

by violet from Tampa, Florida | June 6, 2013

Considering the block was cracked the first 15 months I drove it! Yes, it was winter when I purchased and the trouble didn't show until a couple months in. My mechanic who had checked it and pronounced it impeccable and unblemished at the purchase now saw the engine block as irreparably cracked. But I d not want to abandon this baby. I put water in it every day, got a new fan, a little later new thermostat, new radiator when the unclog stuff I put in messed her up and still she drove - but not over 60. I just love the was she tells me which direction I am headed NW or S or WE and this gee whiz helps just so much! I adore how when going into a parking garage she lights up and tells me: 'Headlamps are suggested.' Somehow that is like having a personal valet right there in the car. It is like driving with champagne - which of course I wouldn't do. I would not consider having a vehicle this intelligent put out for scrap metal and so have had some guys put in a new engine. There are associated difficulties with their work - it caused electrical trouble which took out the cruise control, but I am on that (although I still need help) as why would I abandon this piece of art?

Luxury Hot Rod!!

by bubrave10 from Mpls, MN | March 29, 2011

Ive owned a pearl white 2000 STS for about a year and have driven it year round in Minnesota. Has every possible luxury whistle and bell you could want. Combined with 300hp in a front wheel drive car, i couldnt ask for anything more as a all season car living in the the cold of Minnesota. This car was over 48K new and trust me when i tell you that you wont find a better value for the money . My STS gives me luxury, performance and is a great car in the winter. I would highly recomment the Caddy STS especially in white or crimson red as they are the best looking!

2000 Cadillac SLS

by Danny-The-I from South Dakota | January 31, 2011

Have owned a number of STS Cadillacs. This was my first SLS. You lose a little horsepower and no moonroof, but the interior/exterior is beautiful. I did put STS rims on it which completely makes the car. Rare pearl white with white leather interior. My other Cadillacs have been boys. This one is a girl. Very finicky. Power steering pump and AC compressor have already gone out on it. Doesn't like cold weather at all. Othwerwise, one great car.

Most car for the money out there

by Cadillac from Chicago, IL | May 22, 2009

If you buy a 2000 STS you get the most for your money. When you drive this car on the highway you will feel like a king! The seats are so comfortable and the ride is very smooth, I almost fell asleep driving the thing home from work. Whats there not to like 300hp and comfort. Benz and BMW cost too much and too much money if they break. My buddy ownes a benz (96 S500 nice car) and payed over $4,000 for a new power steering pump and a brake job. They put some new whipers on his benz for only $75 more. I was on the fence but after hearing this story I will stick with Cadillac.

Good car.

by Car Expert from | November 6, 2008

I love how all of these other car compainys talk about how they are making it standerd to have rain sensing wipers from 2005 and up, yet this car has them and its a 2000. It is a very fast car that empresses me every time, even though I have been driving it for a year. The only real complante I have about this car is the driver seat. My back does not feal comfertable in it.

Great Sprots Sedan

by AXP-MAN from New Jersey | March 10, 2007

What can be said about the Seville SLS? It goes from 0-60 in 7 seconds, it gets great gas milage for a V8. 20 around town and 26 on the highway. It handles the road like a dream and has every option a person could want inluding a few you might not know you wanted. Other then burning a quart of oil every 300 miles, this car is very dependable, sporty, and luxurious. Whenever people get into my car, they say, wow this is a nice car. If I let them drive it, they really like it. If you are looking for a sporty sedan that can also double as a nice luxry car, then you should take a lok at this car. I have owned my car for over 4 years and I have put in a new battery, redone the brakes, replaced the tires with sport handeling tires, and replaced the front suspension. Overall, the car runs as good now as it did when I got it 4 years ago. The motor does not require a tune up until 100,000 miles. Service at the dealership is expensive, but if you know a good mechanic, anyone can work on this car.

Featured Services for this Cadillac Seville