2005 Cadillac SRX

$9,025

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most luxurous car I've ever owned

by clockman from Versailles, KY | March 27, 2012

I searched for months,and found my SRX in Pittsburg. Drove from Ky to get it. Everything works flawlessly, except the Navigation. It's a pleasure to drive,or ,just look at. However I seldom get to drive anymore,my lady does the driving now. It's her car. Thanks GM for designing a winner.

Great crossover

by Quick crossover driver from Lancaster, pa | February 22, 2012

Found this car in good condition. drivetrain is great, northstar V8. Issue with the power moon roof, which will address in the spring. Very comfortable interior, plenty of options, including the third row seat.

Great Ride Just Won't Stay Together

by Ryan B. from Winston-Salem, NC | June 16, 2011

The '05 SRX is an amazing smooth ride that I still drive today. It is able to take rough roads an tame them with how smooth the ride is. It is quick and responsive and is like driving the CTS just with more room and higher off the ground. The only thing with this car is if one thing fails, good luck. We have not taken wonderful mechanical care of the car but not terrible care. I have lost a transmission ($4,900 repair), water pump ($300 repair w/ discount), timing belts change ($2,000 repair), and wiring harness ($500 w/discount). All of these happened within a 3 month span. I was stunned and shocked that this happened to a great car and GM management and headquarters treated it as a normal occurrence, granted the car was 5 years old with 120,000 miles on it. They also treated me like a garbage rat and only gave me a discount (50% off) on the wiring harness which was a 1 1/2 month repair due to GM's stupidity. I would say if you get the car, take good care of it and MAKE SURE you get maintenence done and use full synthetic oil and premium gas. Do not expect GM to do anything for you if it is not under a warranty even if you experience an almost full parts breakdown due in part to dealership error. The car itself is a great ride and has a lot of room. I'd say get it if you still have a warranty.

Comfortable On Trips and Daily Commutes

by Racer from Saginaw, MI | September 26, 2010

I really love my Cadillac SRX. The seats are really comfortable and roomy especially on long trips. The Moon Roof is really nice too. Haven't had any major problems with the vehicle.

05 Cad SRX

by tryeasy from Indio, CA | July 24, 2010

I have had this vehicle for 2 1/2 years purchased used from dealer as a CPO vehicle. Cadillac has been splended with immediately fixing any complaints... from rear door lift weather stripping, rear shock, rear axle bearing.... fortunately all covered under warranty. I am thinking of getting another vehicle but have trouble finding a car that is as striking and smooth driving as well as great handling. MPG has been 16-18 city and 23 MPG at 70 MPH. Very very smooth driving vehicle.

So many mechanical problems

by Frustrated from Cumberland, MD | July 6, 2010

I have been the owner of a 2005 SRX for about a year and I have had three major problems with this car ... the last as recent as yesterday. The first problem was the power steering, which had to be replaced with only 38,000 miles on it. Then, it was bruning though oil. No leak, just evaporating. This caused my engine to practically blow up when it was burning about a quart and half every 1000 miles. Then yesterday my car wouldn't steer very well. I had it towed and the power steering needs replaced again. I am so frustrated with my car. I will say that despite all the problems, I love the SRX for a couple reasons. Stylistically it is great. It handles well and gets pretty good gas milegae ... about 19 miles/city. It has great features like the Bose sterio system, the huge sun roof, the backup notification system, the side mirrors adjust to ground level for parallel parking, and it is just a stylish looking vehicle.

SRX

by Christine from Charlotte, NC | September 5, 2009

Car handles well and is stylish. My family has traveled extensively in this car and the ride is smooth. Visibility from the side is hindered when driver's seat is adjusted.

NorthStar V-8 Equipped Cadillac SRX

by Love High Performance American Cars from Idaho | May 17, 2009

This is the finest automobile I have owned in 55 years of driving. I use to grab my Corvette for enjoyable cross country trips. Now my Vette stays parked and we take the SRX. The SRX's performance, handling and safety are great but the comfort, stability and high quality entertainment makes it unsurpassed. With 300 plus horsepower, AWD and six speed automatic it handles all road conditions with ease. This is what my 1960's station wagon should have been. I'm replacing my 2004 with a new 2009, it's that good!

Second SRX Owned

by caddydaddy from toronto, canada | September 4, 2008

This is the second SRX I have owned the first a 2004 with the V8. My 2005 has a V6 , which is remarkably better on gas, but a whole lot less fun to drive. It is however a solid vehicle but oddly has 2 problems common with the 2004. It eats power steering fluid (filled weekly) and a nasty habit of burning out drl/turn signals which are a bear to replace.

Featured Services for this Cadillac SRX